Your Thoughts: Live365 Updates

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Live365 is in the process of rolling out a new website including new player windows for all stations. If you experience any issues or have questions about the updates post here and we’ll try to help.

It may take Live365 several days to iron out any issues. Thanks in advance for your patience during the transition.

New Version: Listen to Muppet Central Radio
http://www.live365.com/stations/muppetcentral

Old Version: Listen to Muppet Central Radio (may not last)
http://www.live365.com/stations/muppetcentral?site=pro/

dmoss

Reaction score
Whoa! I was totally unaware that those changes were going to happen! I really like it...it's more streamlined, no wait time for images to upload, and it seems to work very nicely. Good fully-integrated feeling on there now; I had ZERO trouble maneuvering it, and I like that we can always see the Station's homepage, readily available. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sigh... Why is it whenever something makes changes to try to be better/simpler to use it only becomes more difficult/aggravating? Perhaps because we get accustomed to a certain number of steps to getting what we want accomplished. That is important for people who need that comfortable simplicity like me.

Things I'm not happy with concerning the new/current Live365 format:
1 The list of "Now Playing" songs are displayed in inverse descending order.
Example: If the playlist at the moment being aired consists of Rainbow Connection, followed by Halfway Down The Stairs, followed by *** Willow, then you'd expect the songs to be listed in that ascending order. Instead, they're listed inversely with *** Willow first, only to be replaced by the next song to air.
2 Whenever a period of free listening ends, or at least prompts you with the "Are You Still There?" so you can continue listening, there are two things I don't like with how it's set up now.
a. Before, it used to give you a chime to indicate when the prompt was coming and the song you were currently listening to would continue playing. Now it just automatically shuts down creating an unpleasant stop for the time you're scrambling to find how to keep the music going as a free listener.
b. That brings me to my next point... It used to be that when the "Are You Still There?" prompt came up, you could easily keep the music going by clicking on a "Continue" link. Now, you have to go to the top of the page and click "Play" as there's no longer a link marked as "continue".
3 Sometimes when I'm listening to MCR, I happen to get hiccups... A song will stop for a couple of seconds mid-word, then ensue after that pause from the syllable it left off of.

Also, I don't know if this is happening to other peoples... For some reason MCR is the only Live365 station listed on my presets that actually plays. I have another station called 60's Chart Toppers that just for some reason doesn't want to load/play. What's worse is I don't know how to submit feedback either to the station or Live365 asking how to fix the problem. Had to recur to another rock & roll station called AM Forever for the time being, and even its playlist isn't listing the songs being aired accurately.

It's frustrating and I'd like it much much better if things could go back to the way they were.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1 The list of "Now Playing" songs are displayed in inverse descending order.
The song currently playing should be at the top of your list with older songs below that. That's the way it works on the station pages at least.

Before, it used to give you a chime to indicate when the prompt was coming and the song you were currently listening to would continue playing. Now it just automatically shuts down creating an unpleasant stop for the time you're scrambling to find how to keep the music going as a free listener.
Live365 says the "chime" is coming back.

b. That brings me to my next point... It used to be that when the "Are You Still There?" prompt came up, you could easily keep the music going by clicking on a "Continue" link. Now, you have to go to the top of the page and click "Play" as there's no longer a link marked as "continue".
I believe this will be fixed as well.

3 Sometimes when I'm listening to MCR, I happen to get hiccups... A song will stop for a couple of seconds mid-word, then ensue after that pause from the syllable it left off of.
This should improve as they roll out newer versions of their web player in the coming days.

Also, I don't know if this is happening to other peoples... For some reason MCR is the only Live365 station listed on my presets that actually plays. I have another station called 60's Chart Toppers that just for some reason doesn't want to load/play. What's worse is I don't know how to submit feedback either to the station or Live365 asking how to fix the problem. Had to recur to another rock & roll station called AM Forever for the time being, and even its playlist isn't listing the songs being aired accurately.
Try using this link for your 60's Chart Toppers station. It plays for me.
http://www.live365.com/stations/chartboy?play=1

Others are frustrated with Live365's changes as well so it will be interesting to see how their design evolves and improves. Of course the best way to listen is with Radio365 and avoid the website all together.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying Phil, I sure hope those changes come back soon.