1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: MC’s 11th Birthday

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

It’s hard to believe, but Muppet Central is now eleven years old. The site debuted 11 years ago on January 28, 1998.

Back when the site first started The Jim Henson Company still owned all of their original properties including the Muppets and Sesame Street. Two new feature films were in development simultaneously, Muppets From Space and Elmo in Grouchland. Even though many changes have occurred throughout the EM.TV and Disney years, we’ve been honored to be a small part of it and to provide a place for fan discussion and interaction.

We want to thank all of the staff, past and present who have given so much of their time and giftings to make Muppet Central a great place. Every member here is a vital part of what makes Muppet Central special. Thanks for doing your part in keeping Jim Henson’s vision of the Muppets alive. We’re believing great days are ahead.

While we’re celebrating eleven years, we are also looking towards the future. What do you think the future holds for the Muppets? What is your prediction for 2009? Share your opinions and let us know what you think will happen with the Muppets in this upcoming year.
  2. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

I am glad to be have found and be part of a community like this. Happy Birthday Muppet Central, for all the inspiration, support and most of all FUN you have brought us over the years!:wisdom::):coy:
  3. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

This is a great place. I mean, seriously, it pwns other online forums, where the people arn't that much fun and the admins are boring-as. This forum has such a nice vibe, and I'm so glad I'm a member of this wonderful community. :)

HAPPY "LEGS ELEVEN", MC! :excited:
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

11 years...what a triumph. Congrats!
  5. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Happy birthday MC!

2009 - who knows? We've seen some great things from the Muppets recently so if anything I predict that it will continue in 2009. Good things are coming, I can feel it.
  6. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

WOW! :) 11 years already? gosh! I started comming here when the site was having its 5th birthday! wow! ive been here on MC for that long and I have seen members come n go and things change on the site weather it was for the GOOD or bad! :smirk:

thanks Phil for such an AWESOME fan site and for MANY many more years to come....

HAPPY 11th MUPPET CENTRAL :D
  7. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Yay! Happy Birthday MC! Congrats on being the only forum that I have posted on for more than a month ;)
  8. Pork

Pork Active Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MC!

11 years hey. That's pretty awesome.
  9. rche

rche New Member

kudos and congratulations.
    11 years is a fine accomplishment in the world of today.

My hat is off my fuzzy felt head to you.
    rche
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It is really such an amazing feat to have lasted this long! Happy Anniversary! :super:

I think we will get another Muppet Show season and finally we will see Fraggle Rock season four!:excited:
  11. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday to my home away from home while I'm at home--MC! :D 11 years is amazing... I've only been around seven years longer than MC! Now THAT's somethin'! I love this place, and it thrills me beyond all belief that it's still thriving after all these years.

As for the Muppets... They're going to continue moving up in the entertainment world and building up to their feature film in 2010. And I for one couldn't be happier. :excited:
  12. It's quite an accomplishment, Phillip. Over the years you've build the online destination for Muppet fans worldwide. People in every corner of the Muppet universe at least know of Muppet Central, if not read it regularly. Sesame Workshop watches it. Henson watches it. Disney watches it. Everyone with a stake in the Muppet fans' reaction to news and TV/film projects, who wants to get the pulse of the fan community comes to this one place.

And that's all thanks to you and your staff.

Congratulations, buddy :)
  13. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUPPET CENTREAL! *throws confetti into the air*

Thanks again Phill for getting this all put together back in 1999 which at the time my parents didn't have computer let along the internet yet. I had just discoviered the internet at school and was at the time watching Cartoon Network. It had been a while since i had ever talked or even discussed stuff about The Muppets/Sesame Street/Fraggles. I knew i enjoyed them all and had little things that showed i still loved them to death. But around 2003 was when i first discoveried Muppet Central. I told my mom about it. She was what else but oh cool. Even though i could tell she could careless on what i was happy about but i could also tell she was happy that i was finally going to get to talk to people from all around the world about the one thing we had in common, "Jim Henson's The Muppets." So once again Thanks Muppet Central and to Phil and his wife and his cute little boys for putting up with our crazyness.

Happy 11th Brithday Muppet Central!
  14. anakin

anakin New Member

Happy 11th anniv! :):wisdom::smirk: "You cannot leave the Magic"
  15. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Happy Birthday to a great place for all muppet fans to have their own say in the world of muppet.

Happy Birthday MC.
  16. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

This is the only forum where I've posted more than a 1000 posts because that's how much I love it.

Happy Birthday to MC and thanks for making the net even more fun for Muppet lovers like me, :);):batty:
  17. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Holy crap, eleven years. I joined up in 2002, so I've been around for seven of those years... *whistles*

And, may I just say that I love this place more than I did six years ago?

-Kim
  18. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

Sorry I missed this, happy 11th B-Day to MC and everyone in it, even though I'm sure the majority of us arn't 11. :p