Your Thoughts: MC's 14th Birthday

Walter

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Muppet Central! Never have I met a group of people as friendly and enthusiastic that here! Thank you to all the mods, for keeping us safe, and thanks to all the fans, that make this the happiest place on the web!(sorry Disney ;-))

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Happy 14th Birthday Muppet Central!!! :smile:

Great menu on the home page!

Within the next 4 years I'm hoping to see, more specials, a new TV series, another movie, DVD releases of The Muppet Show seasons 4 and 5, and Muppets Tonight, and Blu-Ray releases of all the Muppet films. I would also like to see season sets of Sesame Street and Bear in the Big Blue House. Oh, and some of the older Muppet specials on DVD.

I hope that isn't asking to much.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUPPET CENTRAL!!!

As a "long-time listener, first-time caller" type, I'm very happy to see this forum doing so well and being so active. As a moderator of a MAD Magazine forum (www.madmumblings.com) I know what it's like to see a Web site dedicated to a still-thriving "classic" franchise go through peaks and valleys every so often, so I tip my hat to all of you - mods, members, WhatNots, Frackles, etc. - who work so hard to make this a "go-to" site for Muppet maniacs.

As for "what's next for the Muppets" - I was extremely happy to see The Muppets do so well from a critical and box-office perspective but especially to see how the mainstream media embraced them so extensively in 2011 and early '12. I think this momentum will lead to more Muppet productions - perhaps just small-scale things like TV specials (is that Hallowe'en special still a go?) and virals - over the next year, with the potential for a regular TV show in late '12 or 2013 and a new movie in '14 or '15. No doubt about it: The Muppets are back!!!

I also think the next Muppet projects will focus on comedy and satire, to offset the nostalgic and occasionally wistful tone of The Muppets (and Letters To Santa for that matter). Let the mayhem - Electric and otherwise - begin!!!

Misskermie

Reaction score
Maybe they'll make a prequel to Piggy, like they did for Kermit. Face it, the public wants to know.:smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
Okay, so I have been guilty of not being on here at all basically in the last two years. (This is one of the first times I am using the new forum set up.) I just wanted to say Happy Birthday!!! I am looking forward to many years to come and being a main part of the forums again. I miss you guys.