1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: MC's 9th Birthday

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Nine years ago today, a little web site called Muppet Central debuted on the world wide web. Since then we've continued to grow year-by-year. You'll see some birthday greetings on the front page of the site and hear some birthday music on Muppet Central Radio. We're looking forward to keeping you informed of the latest Muppet happenings in the year to come.

I want to give out a special thanks to our staff (Kevin, Greg, Annika, DW, Jamie and Cindy) for all of their continued efforts to make Muppet Central a great place. Every one of you who visits and posts are also a big part of making this a positive destination for Muppet fans. Please continue to help spread the word.

Here are a few birthday questions just for fun...

(1) What is your first Muppet Central memory? When was it?

(2) How has your personal life changed over the years since then?

(3) Do you have a Muppet prediction for 2007?
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Muppet Central has become my favorite place to be of anywhere, ever. It's my home away from home, and it's where a lot of my best friends dwell. I'm proud to say I'm an active member here.

(1) What is your first Muppet Central memory? When was it? Playing games in the Games section of the forum, and writing my first fan-fiction, "Muppet High." Both of these happened around the time MWoO debuted on TV.

(2) How has your personal life changed over the years since then? Very, very much so. In the past two years I've been a member at Muppet Central everything has changed in my life. I've learned how to laugh, and love, and write, and just how to be a truly good person from all the truly great people around here. Thank you Muppet Central.

(3) Do you have a Muppet prediction for 2007? I predict that we'll get amazing news about the pilot that was filmed, and that we'll see even more merchandise and TV appearances, and that everyone is going to end up having that same bright and ecstatic view about the Muppets that they had years ago.

Happy Birthday Muppet Central. Here's to many, many more years of uniting Muppet fans and friends around the world.

Thank you,
    Ryan
    Prawnie
    theprawncracker
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hey Phil... Thought I'd stop and wish you and MC a very merry Muppet Central birthday!
    Yaeeeyyy!!! *Flails arms about imitating da' frog-in-chief.

1 My earliest MC memory... Would have to say it was just after buying my first two Muppet action figures, Dr. Teeth and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, back in June of 2002. Found the review by Ken Plume at ign.filmforce.com, stumbled across MC, and I've been happy to call this place my hang-out ever since.
    2 How has MC changed my life? Well... First of all, both MC and the Palisades Toys Muppets figure line rekindled that spark of Muppet love and heritage in my heart. Stopped watching SS continuously when I started my undergrad college years in August of 1996. And it wasn't until the figures were released and I got my first two that that old familiar smile came back on my face. Secondly, it's greatly changed my life for the better, as I've made a great deal of friends here too numerous to count on only one hand. People I've laughed with, people I've made business deals with, and people that I've admired for their own creative talents.
    3 As far as predctions... Muppets are making a comeback, that's undeniable. That's a fact and you can take it to the bank Jack!
    *To Prawny: Jack, don't steal that please.
    TMS Season 2 DVD set will be released in Jul 2007.
    FR Season 3 DVD set will be released in September of 2007, and the movie will premiere in major movie theaters the next year.
    SS Old School Volume 2 will be released in October 2007.

Couple of things that I'd like to suggest, and couple of problems I'm having with navigating the site at the moment (but that's due to my screenreader program, I hope to talk to the people running the thing tomorrow to try and sort things out).
    Again... Happy birthday MC, we'll keep in touch Phil, and I wish the site nothing but the best this coming year.
  4. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

Here are a few birthday questions just for fun...

MUPPETCRYPTS 2001

NOTHING REALLY

HOPEFULLY A NEW SHOW
  5. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Ed, I love your predictions, and I hope each of them come true.

Jack: And what's all this about me stealing something? Everyone knows I haven't done that since... Yesterday!
  6. The Count

*In Dr. Evil voice: Riiiiiiiiiiight...
    Just some predictions, hope they come true. Not sure if we should post suggestions for improvements here or not, will wait to hear from Phil on that though.
  7. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

When Disney bought the Muppets.

Thanks to a MC member I love graphic arts.

Muppets will have a new tv show and a movie.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

1. Off hand, all I can say is that I never predicted that this place would eventually become my "home away from home", I honest can't get online without spending most of my time with my pals here at Muppet Central, and when I first joined I slowly began to realize there is such things as friendly forums, and this place is definitely THE friendliest!
    2. I'm more social now since so many people have been so kind and open towards me here.
    3. Yes, I predict that Disney is going to screw around with them some more and we'll see more empty promises... though at least there's still a new season of Sesame Street to look forward to.

Happy nineth birthday Muppet Central, and thanks to everyone for allowing to be a part of four of those nine years!
  9. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

(1) What is your first Muppet Central memory? When was it? The night AVMMC aired. I was putting along the forum and Beaker helped me out through some PMs. I was so grateful!

(2) How has your personal life changed over the years since then? Oh goodness. Well I went from 14-18 and have changed quite a bit. I moved away from home at 16 to pursue a higher education and have turned into a decent young woman (I'd like to think)

(3) Do you have a Muppet prediction for 2007? I'm not good at specific predictions, but I sure have a lot of hope.

One more thing, Phil thank you so much for doing all you do on MC. You're a gem!
  10. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

(1) What is your first Muppet Central memory? - Aside from the embrassment of spelling Beauregard wrong?

(2) How has your personal life changed over the years since then? - Wow...I was young and annoying when I joined, now, I'm not so young. - But seriously, I've gained amazing friends through here, then on MSN, and now my greatest friends in the world are all virtual...wow, my life is so sad when I write it down...

(3) Do you have a Muppet prediction for 2007? - TMS Season 2, more news on the Pilot, Gonzo and Animal released by Replicas. And something BIG that's going on behind scenes being revealed.
  11. Faylo

Faylo Member

Well, I've only been here for a couple of months, but my first memory was learning about the FR movie.

It hasn't changed much. I've gained a lot more knowledge of Henson productions, and I've grown as a performer though. :)

We will learn more about the Muppet Pilot and hopefully some development on the FR Movie! Also, a lot more merchandise.
  12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

(1) What is your first Muppet Central memory? Hmm... one of them is posting about the Cooperation song!

(2) How has your personal life changed over the years since then?I'm in college now and trying to decide which dreams of mine to follow! ><

(3) Do you have a Muppet prediction for 2007? I predict that we will be taunted with alot more ideas but eventually one of them will finally come to fruition and then we'll all freak out and talk about it all the time. **cough New Muppet show COUGH**
  13. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

(1) What is your first Muppet Central memory? Joining up in the Muppet College dorms over in the games thread

(2) How has your personal life changed over the years since then? LOTS! I got married, a new job, a new cat, a new house....I'm an all new me! No matter what though, I've had my Muppet family here at MC to share it all. I love everyone here!

(3) Do you have a Muppet prediction for 2007? I'm hoping for season two of TMS and I'm hoping for this rumored Muppet show to come to fruitition!
  14. Skye

Skye Active Member

(1) What is your first Muppet Central memory? When was it? Well, when I found MC in June of last year... the day I joined, I was just going around, seeing what the forum was all about, posting a little, finding the RHLC and threads like that! And starting to have a lot of fun! :)

(2) How has your personal life changed over the years since then? Well honestly, the main and the best difference that has occurred in the seven, almost eight, months of me being a member here is I found the man I want to be with forever. That has been the biggest difference in my life. And I've also met some great friends and some really cool people that I never would've known otherwise. Talk about great changes!

(3) Do you have a Muppet prediction for 2007? I'm not too good at predictions either, but I love the ones that Ed put. I would love for those to come true, and I would simply love for the Muppets to have some sort of comeback. I do have lots of hope for the Muppets in this year!

Happy, happy 9th Birthday, MC!! And thank you to Phil, Cindy, and all the Mods as well as to all the great members here for helping to keep this place as truly wonderful as it is!
  15. The Count

Beth, don't make me brake into song from the Geena Davis and Julie Brown movie Earth Girls Are Easy now...
  16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I love that movie, so funny!

(1) What is your first Muppet Central memory? When was it? I posted for a little while in 2002, I was looking all over for classic Sesame Street stuff at the time. The first thread I found was "SS Sketches that Scared You." I had a huge list, and no one I knew ever remembered them. But the MC members did!

(2) How has your personal life changed over the years since then? Well, the big change has been my attitude. I've learned to put things into perspective and be more positive. Or if I fail, to not freak out and just keep going. Of course, that's thanks to my friends and family, but my interest in the Muppets has definitely been inspirational and a break from stress. :)

(3) Do you have a Muppet prediction for 2007? Well, I'd like it if a good Muppet project would come about, but I doubt it will happen (though we'll see with the Fraggle movie). Personally, I'd like to see more of the classic stuff become available.

Happy Birthday, MC!!!
  17. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

What? Why? How DID you spell it? "Boregard"?

Here's a slightly related question: how many friends have you made here in the past year?

Well for me, there's Marty, Skye, Ilikemuppets, bobhopesite, and Kiki-Kramer, so I made about five new friends in the past year. Other than that, I've still got all my (not old as in age, but you know what I mean) friends: KermieBaby47, melissa@muppets, Kevin, Gonzo14, Prawnie, Sara, Super Scooter, MrsPepper, Sgt Floyd, Janice Fer Sure, Beakerfan, beaker, AnythingMuppet, Ziffel, BEAR, Beth, Princeton, Dan, Mat, Katie, Kyle, Kendra, and Tim Kelly.

Other than that, theres a few friends of mine that I suspect are trying to avoid me lately, but I won't mention names of course, that'd be rude.
  18. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Thanks so much to the ones who run this webby site especially Phil. I love them all and glad to have this up on the net. Even my friends who I've made over the past 3 years. Thanks everyone! <<<<<HUGS & KISS>>>>>>

(1) What is your first Muppet Central memory? When was it? I guess I could say that my first memory was when I found this site and had a cow. I couldn't believe how many muppet fans there was from around the world.

(2) How has your personal life changed over the years since then? How not to be so spoiled with Muppet mp3s. I used to want want want and now I've changed by not asking and asking for everything. So yes it's changed so much. Glad to know that I have friends out their who don't get annoyed of me.

(3) Do you have a Muppet prediction for 2007? New Show, Movies, Gonzo and Animal Posers and other muppet/sesame/fraggle merchandise.

Happy Birthday Muppet Central
  19. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Annoyed? Are you kidding?! You are truly one of my favorites here (and I wouldn't call it a very long list at all). Kyle, you are one of the most kind-hearted and generous people I've met here and am proud to call you my friend.
  20. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Thanks very much...friend. :)