1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Miss Piggy on Martha

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

As we've been discussing, Miss Piggy will make a special appearance on the Martha Stewart talk show today. She'll likely be promoting the Muppets new CD, A Green and Red Christmas. Given Kermit's recent media blitz, she may make reference to Kermit's book, Before You Leap as well.

After you've seen the appearance, post here and let us know your thoughts.
  2. goshposh

goshposh Member

the interview was good. i liked when she said kermit needs a job. for a second i thought frank was doing piggy. eric's piggy voice keeps on getting better and better. the puppet was a bit off. i think it was the eyes. they just looked odd to me.
  3. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

I havent watched it yet..sounds good
  4. Marky

Marky Member

So... Disney only uses the characters to hawk products now?
  5. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Ohhhh NOOOOO!!! I missed it!!!:mad:
  6. AlienGonzo

AlienGonzo New Member

I liked it, it was good. Piggy was looking niiice...and hopefully she helped Kermit find a job :)
  7. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Forgot to watch it myself. Did it come on ABC? If it did well I would of missed taping it with my DVR on Dish but could of record it on VHS but didn't know what channel and don't have a very good picture on antenna. But still would have wanted to seen it. Maybe someone will show it on Youtube or something.
  8. pepestarr

pepestarr New Member

9. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I'm not to keen on lifeless inanimate objects being on TV... but enough about Martha... Piggy was pretty funny :) Loved her line about somebody giving Kermit a job already. It is sad that the puppet seemed to have more personality than the flesh and blood person.
  10. DrGoshposh

DrGoshposh New Member

Are we sure this was Eric as Piggy? As was said by someone else, her voice seemed a little bit deep, and I also thought that it was Frank doing the voice for the first time in a while, but it was hard to tell.
  11. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Most likiely it was Eric...im so mad my tape screwed up! I NEED TIVO!!
  12. Marky

Marky Member

I really can't see Frank Oz going on Martha Stewart these days.
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Martha seemed a bit upset with Piggy's claim about her recipe not working out. Martha has a track record of getting testy with such guests, but was smart enough not to argue with the pig. Even she knows there's only degrees of losing on that road. He he.

I thought it was a lot of fun. Piggy's eyes seemed to be placed strangely - a tad too low on the face and in a rather bored expression (somewhat like Palisades' First Mate Piggy). Or maybe she's been botoxed. Still a lot of fun to see her. :mad: :)
  14. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

No. The characters are going on the talk shows as guests just like every other celebrity with current projects to promote. They are also on these shows because we like them and they entertain us.
  15. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

i really like the show i watch still watch it. I was good.