1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Miss Piggy on Today

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Just a reminder that on Friday morning Miss Piggy stops by The Today Show to promote her new book The Diva Code. After you watch the appearance, post here and share your thoughts. (As you likely know Miss Piggy's appearance was originally scheduled for Monday but was pushed back until this Friday.)

If you’d like more information on The Diva Code book, we’re talking about the new release here…
    http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=41126

The Diva Code is the second Muppet release from Hyperion. Last fall Pepe's first book, It's Hard Out Here For a Shrimp: Life, Love & Living Large was also released.
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

She is Coming on next! and she is trying to take control of the show once again! she is ordering the diector around and fired some guy that was holding up some backon! ha Piggy is on fire today!

It was way to short however!
  3. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Did you see her with the makeup woman? Al Roker heard her ordering the makeup woman to "fill in the cracks" and he was cracking up!

Convincing John
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

No oh i missed that aha that sounds funny!
  5. Convincing John

It was right before the last commercial. I left the tape running so I'll see the "bacon bit" later on. Sounds good!

Convincing John
  6. Convincing John

She's coming up right after the commercial break! They said "We'll be right back with Miss Piggy!"

My VCR is humming away...

Convincing John
  7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Good interview. That was worth waiting four days for. I liked that they showed her in behind the scenes stuff as well so you knew when she was coming. So now Miss Piggy is saying she isn't married to Kermit at the moment? I wonder what made her change her mind after that formal wedding in TMTM.
  8. Looks like she'll be back in the final hour...and she brought ANOTHER outfit...
  9. Convincing John

I wondered a little about that too. I'm sure Eric was expecting that question so he had to think on his toes to give a fresh answer. This is the first I've heard Piggy mention that she and the frog weren't hitched.

A couple things I noticed...

...is the new Piggy puppet they're using stiffer than past Piggies? Is this a new foam they're using? The Piggy of the 70s/80s seemed a little more flexible. The current Piggy is cute, but the designers seemed to hit their "Piggy peak" design-wise in 1980. Eric was very good, but it seemed like he was having a little trouble with Piggy's snout mobility. Just my 2 cents.

Also, is it just me, or is Eric's Piggy voice even deeper now? Maybe it's because he was performing early in the morning...?:confused:

Good interview, short but good. I liked the behind the scenes stuff better than the actual interview. It sounded like Eric had fun just ad-libbing with the crew. I loved the bit where Piggy was wearing the director's headset!

Convincing John
  10. Convincing John

The final hour? Was she already on? I thought her segment was over. (Readies VCR)
  11. uppitymuppity

uppitymuppity Member

12. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

Saw it online because unfortunately my DVR software decided to CRAP OUT before Miss Piggy came on!

BJ
  13. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

Wow. XD I missed the interview in the last hour, but wow.

I thought the whole bacon thing was funny.
  14. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Wow! I didn't know she was on during the final hour. I turned it off after her first appearance. Looks like I'll have to check out the tape I made.
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The pig was on! Loved it. I no longer really think of it as Eric's Piggy. She's just Piggy.

Now, the puppet. Well...the placement of facial elements and sculpt has vastly improved, but the material is incredibly stiff. You'd think the puppet builders would have figured that out by now. I still don't get that. It's awkward. I also want to burn that platinum flat-ironed wig. Give the diva back her wavy locks of medium golden blond hair.

Good to see her back and so witty early in the morning. And just as I suspected...she's finally fessed up to being a sexy single sow. :)
  16. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

The appearance seemed good to me. Piggy was far less annoying. In the web episodes and even in the last special she seemed way too hyper and annoying, in this one she seemed more like Piggy. Watchable. I liked the red dress puppet more than the other one, probably the hair.
  17. TML

TML Active Member

Did anyone notice the wide shot in which you could see Eric on the floor performing her during the Kathy Lee segment? Why does he always perform her as such a *****? Yeah, Piggy could be a diva, but she just seems so mean spirited when he performs her without a script.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  18. uppitymuppity

uppitymuppity Member

Oh god not another muppet purist... I can't take it. Miss Piggy has always been a ***** even in the early days. It's called comedy. If you want everything to be rosey little kids jokes, take it over to Sesame Street.
  19. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Did you see her second bit on the show (with Hoda & Kathie Lee)? She had wavy locks there.

----

And for anyone who missed the appearances... you can watch both Miss Piggy segments (with Matt & Meredith and with Hoda & Kathie Lee) online:
    Enjoy!
  20. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

It's not that purists don't want Piggy to have an attitude. It's just that there's a difference between adult humor and immature humor. (Not commenting on this particular appearance, as I haven't seen it).
    Duke Remington likes this.