1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Forum Upgrade June 21, 2014

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Our forum upgrade was a success. Please post here with any comments and questions and we'll try to help. There is still a lot of tweaking to be done over the next few days so please be patient during the adjustment.

Before you post, please carefully read about some of the new features that are now active on our forum. You'll also notice many other improvements as you maneuver around our forum interface.

Thanks for your understanding during the downtime while the upgrade was being performed.

Please Note: The MC Radio "now playing" song previews on the forum and site aren't functioning properly after a PHP upgrade. We're working to resolve this issue.

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I love this new forum upgrade. It's awesome. What's awesome about it is that you don't have to hover over the drop down arrow anymore. What's also awesome about it is that you also don't have to hover over Log Out anymore.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    Phillip likes this.
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Love the saved draft feature! I can't say how many times I've accidentally closed a window when I'm typing or had my browser close out and I've lost something, this will really come in handy.

Pinkflower7783 and Phillip like this.
  4. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

The upgrade on the post editor works great on IPad as it had nothing but a plain box before! Now I can change the text and add the smilies I want without forgetting the shortcuts! :flirt:

Pinkflower7783 and Phillip like this.
  5. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

So far, the new setup is pretty good! I love it a lot!

6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

My only complaint so far is, we can no longer see what songs are playing on the radio station.

7. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

This is so different! I like it!

8. Phillip

As was mentioned in the first post, we're working on this one.

9. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Okay. Cool.

10. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Neato! Now I don't have to accidentally click on "Log Out" anymore. It was pretty annoying!

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Finished reading the upgrades, and there are some I think are good measures to implement.

Love the return of the member birthdays on the forum's home page display, just don't know where they'd be listed... In the "View Who's Online/Newest Member" listing after all the forum sections?

The draft editor will come in handy for other people, but I like the fact that it'll have a feature to show new posts posted while you were writing your own reply, cutting down on the ziffles.

Intrigued as to the +/- Quote option to help with the Multiquote Reply as that never really worked well for me.

There are questions I have as well as suggestions to make, just LMK in what thread they'd be appropriate to make them public.

Thanks for all your work on improving the forum Phil. :jim:

12. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

I really love this upgrade! It's so much cooler! I think you should add more sprites for it though, add more different characters like Constantine, Lips, Nigel, Trumpet Girl, Abby Cadabby, Uncle Traveling Matt... etc.

misspiggy5260 and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  13. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Another noticeable thing I like is that I get a thread's full title and punctuated entonation (if it's a question or exclamation marked thread title) when browsing through the forum's main page.

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  14. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Excellent, excellent work here Phillip! Question! Can you still add color to text?

Katzi428 and LeahXZoot4Evur like this.
  15. Phillip

Font type, color and size are disabled to maximize compatibility across all devices. Thanks for your understanding with this. All the other normal options (plus the new ones like spoiler tags, drafts etc.) are of course present.

Bridget likes this.
  16. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

After using it for a little while, I like it! It is much simpler to use on a mobile device, and I like how it has a "new look" but not really.

17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Hey not bad....Are you sure we can afford this? :concern:

18. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I'll need to get used to it, but for now it seems legitimate. As of now the "save draft" feature is something I like, because if I don't finish my post, I can just save and write more later, helps with fan-fics. Anyways, I just learned that I can't go more than a day without posting here, I mean, it felt like I was going cold-turkey, because I was so anxious to post on Saturday and Sunday morning.

19. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I love it! Makes navigating on my phone much easier when I can't always be on a computer. :)

Bridget likes this.
  20. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Well, if I do post a chapter or start something new (fanfic wise) and use the "save draft" button, that would mean that I would be preventing myself from posting anything right away with spelling errors or anything that doesn't sound correct and coming back to it later. That does sound a lot better than posting it right away, because where did that lead to me to? Well, everybody else would think I would be not trying hard enough as a good writer. In the future, I am going to have editors for my fanfics right away if I do take it seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.