1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Forum Upgrade June 21, 2014

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Where or how do I find the "save draft" feature?

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Ok, here is what I said in the announcements folder... (I quoted both posts from two different threads with multi-quote by the way.)

Saving drafts happens automatically every 60 seconds as you are typing. You don't have to do anything else. You can also save or delete a draft at any time by clicking on the disk icon to save your post.

[​IMG]

3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

About the multiquote/reply with quote feature... For some reason, whenever I read a post that's quoting another post, the previously quoted post is being cut off, as there's now a "Click to expand...". Before, you'd get the entire quoted post. Not sure what happened there. Perhaps it can be tweaked? *Shrugs.

4. Phillip

This is by design to reduce the scrolling time, especially with multi-quote in effect.

5. Phillip

Muppet Central Radio song previews should now be displaying correctly throughout the site and the forum.

6. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Very nice features! They make it much easier for the users to post, comment, chat, and write fanfics. I am really liking this new-and-improved forum. Well done, everyone! :)

7. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Cool Forum updates. I really like the forum updates especially the Save Draft feature. Very Cool. :)

8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

They are. Yay!

9. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Loving the new updates! As someone who only uses their iPod, I'm impressed and pleased with the new setup. It's so much more easy to access and I don't have to zoom in anymore.

The only tiff I have is that I can't see what thread was last replied to on the main page.

Phillip likes this.
  10. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

i think the drop shadow around the post borders is a bit much. makes things look more cluttered than usual, but everything else is nice.

I especially like the fact the quotes are trimmed. God I hated scrolling through long quotes.

Phillip likes this.
  11. Phillip

It sounds like you're using a tablet or mobile device and the responsive design is only showing the forum names and descriptions, correct?

Do you frequently use this page for the newest threads? You could maybe bookmark this if you find it useful...
    http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/find-new/posts

12. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Huh, guess I haven't explored the updates as much as I thought I had.

I take back my last statement, there are no tiffs to be had. :) :D

13. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

Whoa! Sick update. :D Did I pick a heck of a time for Netflix to take over my daily life.

Can't believe I almost missed this!

I love the update and for someone like me with very bad eye sight, it's made things a lot easier to read and posts clearer to see/separate.

Awesomeness ^^

Phillip and The Count like this.
  14. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

Loving the new updates! :) Especially the "Click to expand..." in quotes, makes it so much easier to navigate the forum. :flirt:

Phillip likes this.
  15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm glad we switched fonts for posts and all, but I've been having a problem with posting: it's like the message box can't keep up or something, as I'll type out what I want to say, but the message itself will still be in the input process, even after I type, as if what I type takes twice as long to actually appear in the message box as I type, and often times, certain words will be skipped, making my posts incomplete.

I know it can't be a problem with my machine, because I'm not having this problem anywhere else but here.

16. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I doubt that has something to do with MC, possibly your keyboard or your internet, and that's happened to me on other web sites, not here though.

17. D'Snowth

As I said, this problem only persists on MC for me; I can type anything with no problem anywhere else, but MC it's like the message can't keep up at the rate I type.

18. Phillip

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing. We'll try to help.

(1) What browser(s) are you using? Browser version numbers would be helpful as well.

(2) Does this occur on every message you type or just occasionally?

Let me know and I'll look into this further for you.

19. D'Snowth

The problem's getting worse.

But, to answer the previous questions, 1. IE10 (yes, I know IE11 is now out, but I don't like it) and 2. Every message.

20. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Here's another question. Is it windows 8? Because I have the same problem on tumblr on my windows 8 computer. I haven't been on mc on it but if I think about it I can always see if its a windows 8 problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.