1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Forum Upgrade March 24

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

2. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

So I assume we had people doing some not so very nice thing to do some of the changes you made? Great to have an awesome SAFE place to discuss our favorite thing the whole world...THE MUPPETS!
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

its pretty cool i like the new upgrades
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I like the new radio thing on the side of the main forum.
  5. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Nice job Muppet Central keep up the great work!
  6. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

7. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

YAY WALTER!!!!!! :fanatic: Life is a happy song!!
    gonzosgirl1987 likes this.
  8. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Walter smilie, ignore feature, and ability to mark conversations as unread: THANK YOU! This is truly an upgrade.
  9. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Like the upgrades! Thank you.
  10. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

very great upgrade mostly in the walter smilie :fanatic::)
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Walter smilie, :fanatic:; emails with the Muppet smilies properly displayed; Ignore feature; conversations marked as read; these are all things I'm liking in the upgrades.
    Hope the member birthdays will be brought back next though.

Also nice is that the page auto-refreshes after making a post to show all current posts.
    Thanks for all of this Phil.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks for adding all of this and for adding Walter. He really deserves a smilie here!! :fanatic:
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  13. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

We can be ignored now:o I mean I don't try to offend anyone, but wow being ignored in Cyber space could really hurt your self esteem :sleep::boo: Like the Walter Smilie though:fanatic:
    frogboy4 and heralde like this.
  14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Its not like you will know if a person is ignoring you...and sadly, we needed the option :(

I feel like the live alert thing is a bit redundant, though I haven't seen it in action myself yet
  15. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Thrilled about Walter :fanatic: The rest is excellent, too!
    frogboy4 likes this.
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Constructively exploring a variety of viewpoints is what forums are all about. :attitude::concern: Sometimes discussions become antagonistic. Some people rub others the wrong way. Such is life. Sometimes it can be fixed. :super: That is ideal, yet not always possible. :sympathy:

While the Ignore Feature can initially be seen as offensive, it also clears the road for more productive conversation between willing participants and this creates a better forum experience for everybody. :) "Yaaaay!"
  17. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I like the upgrades too, but there seems to be something missing... weren't we also supposed to get a birthday module on the forum index as well, like we had on the old one? I seem to recall people asking for that.
  18. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Yes I would also like to see that added as well Snowth. Maybe it will be on the next upgrade?

But I like everything that's been added so far. Especially the ignore option. And good old Walter here is so cute. :fanatic:
  19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I don't get the ignoring thing... so if someone ignores you then you can't see their posts in the forum or is it just on private conversations?
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

"Ignore" makes the ignored party completely invisible. The only visible evidence of them on the forum is their post likes, their main page presence and their overall account membership. :search: The posts and quotes of ignored parties are completely out of site from the person ignoring them. That can be a little confusing because unignored people could be referring to ignored folks, but only the unignored portions can be seen. There is a feature at the bottom to view potentially ignored posts in a thread. That's a good fix. One must choose to unignore someone for the feed to revert to normal on a regular basis. My experience is now closer to that of ten years ago. MC is once again a pleasant place. This feature is a godsend! Thank you much for it. :super: