1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within the week, Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Radio on Radionomy

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We're beginning our 17th year of broadcasting at a new home. Muppet Central Radio has moved to the Radionomy network of radio stations.

Here are just a few of the benefits:

- Unlimited free listening - No more "station is full" messages
    - Now accessible with Radionomy apps for iOS, Android and more
    - Listen directly within any MP3 media player via Radionomy
    - Easily embed Muppet Central Radio on your website or blog

To make all this happen, Radionomy occasionally plays location-based advertisements in the middle of our stream. Please note that because these are location-based that different users will hear different ads depending upon where you are.

How to Support Muppet Central Radio

More than ever, for Muppet Central Radio to continue we need your support. There are several ways you can help.

First off, listen regularly and often. The more you listen the better. If you haven't heard the station in awhile, give it a try and let us know your feedback. Use the URLs below to help publicize and promote our station via social media and on-line. If you have a website, it would be a great help if you embed a Muppet Central Radio player on your page.

Secondly, let us know when you hear new Muppet music, especially rare songs or new Muppet covers. If we don't know about the music, we can't play it for everyone.

Third, consider making a donation to help Muppet Central Radio. We have had multiple requests for people expressing an interest in financially supporting us. You can now make a secure donation through PayPal and help Muppet Central.

Muppet Central Radio on Live365

Our former Live365 stream will continue until the service shuts down on or after January 31, 2016. Please note that our Live365 and Radionomy streams will not be in-sync going forward. There are many elements of the forum and website that are branded towards Live365. We will be updating these in the days ahead.

Thanks for your continued support during this significant transition.

Listen on Radionomy
    http://www.radionomy.com/muppetcentralradio

Listen via Tune-In
    http://tunein.com/radio/Muppet-Central-Radio-s262576/

Listen via TuneIn from within VLC Media Player

http://addons.videolan.org/content/show.php/TuneIn+Radio?content=152788

Download an App for iOS, Android and Windows Phone
    http://www.radionomy.com/en/apps

Embed a Muppet Central Radio Player on Your Website
    http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/muppetcentralradio/share

BradyBunchFan and The Count like this.
  2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Nice to hear MC radio.

Phillip likes this.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Awesome, it's on TuneIn!

Phillip and BradyBunchFan like this.
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

This is great Phil. I'm currently listening to the station through the Radionomy link, added it to my Desktop Favorites. The thing I like the best is that now I have access to a "Play this Station" link. Will probably go through the registration process later to get the station playing through my WinAmp which allows me more manipulative options. Glad MCR found itself a new home that allows for more people to tune in and listen without the annoying "Station if Full" message.

Phillip and BradyBunchFan like this.
  5. BradyBunchFan

BradyBunchFan Well-Known Member

Awesome!

I will be listening on either TuneIn or Radionomy!

Phillip and dwayne1115 like this.
  6. Oscarfan

Heh, I'm hearing some PSAs that I've played at my school's radio station.

BradyBunchFan and Phillip like this.
  7. BradyBunchFan

Muppet Central Radio is not showing what is playing.

This is what I am getting instead:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  8. Phillip

That is correct. Previously you were seeing custom scripts that pulled the info from Live365. When we find a way to do the same thing via Radionomy or TuneIn it will be implemented here.

The best way to see what's playing and the previous tracks played is on Muppet Central's Radionomy page. You'll notice that the album art is accurate here whereas on our Live365 page it was oftentimes random as it was pulled from an Amazon.com art database. By the way, it appears Live365 ceased streaming as of 02:37 am central time this morning.

Thanks for your understanding as this has been a major transition behind the scenes. There's a lot of work involved to make this changeover happen as seamlessly as possible.

BradyBunchFan likes this.
  9. BradyBunchFan

Okay. Thank you.

By the way, you're welcome.

Can you please let me know when you find a way to do the same thing via Radionomy or TuneIn? I would like to know when it will be implemented here.

10. BradyBunchFan

Does the new Muppet Central Radio still have songs from The Short Circus from the original version of The Electric Company?

11. Phillip

If this happens, it should be fairly obvious as you'll see now playing info throughout the forum and on our home page. Our Radionomy page or Radionomy player are currently the only ways to view what's currently playing without listening.

Absolutely, our playlist will only increase as time goes on.

12. BradyBunchFan

Awesome!

Thank you!

Phillip likes this.
  13. Oscarfan

If I could make a suggestion, is there a way to adjust the fade between tracks? It's cutting some I've been hearing like a second or two short. It's not a big deal, but it sounds a tad odd sometimes.

Phillip likes this.
  14. Joe Shelby

Joe Shelby New Member

Seemed to be working ok for me. I've been using the radionomy website and a chrome extension. Haven't tried radionomy's android yet.

BradyBunchFan, Phillip and MuppetSpot like this.
  15. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I have a suggestion maybe do a character day each month.

Phillip likes this.
  16. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Is it still possible to see what's on now on the forum and site, rather than it just showing the link to it?

17. Phillip

Yes, this is on our to do list. Improvements will be made with cross fading soon.

18. Phillip

As of now, you'll probably have a better experience with the TuneIn app vs. Radionomy.

19. Phillip

Not at this time. I discussed that some here. We'd like to get a fix in place in the future though. Thanks for your understanding.

BradyBunchFan and 1000 Eyes like this.
  20. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Ah, I understand. Thanks!