1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Radio on Radionomy

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jan 29, 2016.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hmm, would that also affect the Halloween music period? Let us know if we can help with anything, I've got a huge folder of Christmas MUP3's to donate if you need them. Also, I'd recommend tweaking the time frame as I notice that songs endings get clipped, perhaps an extra fraction of a second to allow songs to end would help make transitions smoother. :sing:

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

So there won't be a Jerry Nelson marathon this year after all?

3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Halloween and Thanksgiving music will play as normal in October and November. It's the all-day rotations like Christmas and performer tributes that present unique challenges with Radionomy. Once these special playlists have been set up, it will be easy to use them in the future when needed.

Cross-fading between songs is being worked on. It's a setting that needs adjusting per track. And even then, sometime it works with Radionomy and sometimes it doesn't. Hopefully, this improves over time.

The Count and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

The Muppet music merrython may start in a couple of weeks on the day after Thanksgiving... But now it's November, and the great thing about that is that MCR plays the songs from Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas a month ahead of schedule. And it was great logging in just now to get the version of Riverbottom Nightmare Band as recorded by the Dead Hensons. Will def be here for the Christmas merrython. :D :halo: :cool: :sing: :flirt:

Phillip, 1000 Eyes and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  5. fragglevision

fragglevision Member

just wondering have you added tracks from the recent Muppet series to the regular (i.e. non-Christmas) radio lineup?

6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I just heard a song by Big Bird called "Go To Sleep Little Children." What's that from?

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Do you remember any of the lyrics?

8. fragglevision

fragglevision Member

9. Phillip

"Go To Sleep Little Children" was written by Debi Spinney's father Gene Gilroy and originally performed on the 1996 Kathie Lee Gifford special "Lullabies for Little Ones". We're still trying to track down this version of the song from the special or album.

The version you heard last night on Muppet Central Radio is a bonus feature from the "I Am Big Bird" Blu-ray. It was performed at the Sesame Street Season 30 wrap party by Big Bird with Gene Gilroy on piano.

Oscarfan and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  10. fragglevision

fragglevision Member

I somehow knew that song had some sort of a connection with that Kathie Lee special I mentioned earlier, but I never knew that it was written by Deb's father!

Additional note 1: One of the downsides of the Radionomy switch is that it no longer displays album/source information, meaning we have to go here if we heard something from some far-off source like "Little Children".

Additional note 2: For a few years now and just before Jerry Nelson died you've been playing these two song covers by him called "Daddy's Coming Home" and "I'll See You In My Dreams" which sound like voice-and-guitar demos for something that never materialized. How did you get a hold of those?

11. Oscarfan

Ah, nice to know. I only have the DVD, so I wouldn't know what's on the Blu-Ray version.

12. Pig's Laundry

I'm pretty sure it's on the DVD too, unless there's more than one version of it. I got it from the library and was able to see all the bonus features.

13. Oscarfan

So it is. Huh, I don't think I watched the bonuses since I got it; I watched the movie with a friend and that was it.

14. Pig's Laundry

The clip really makes me wish we could see more parts of their wrap parties.

15. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

Is it possible I could be a DJ for a show on this station?

16. MikaelaMuppet

I don't believe you can.

17. MikaelaMuppet

Suggestion:

Put the name of the Henson TV show or movie that the song is coming from to replace the Muppet photo.

18. Phillip

Since last summer, Radionomy does not display the album title or cover art for any songs that play on their network. So until that changes, we're unable to display this information. If you have a question about a song's source, post here and we'll help.

The speculation is that this change was made due to multiple lawsuits between Radionomy and several record labels. Hopefully, album titles and cover art will return at some point in the near future. When that happens, we'll be sure to display this info if there's a way to do so.

19. MikaelaMuppet

I will make sure to do that.

20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I miss seeing the album art on the forum index, even though I honestly never listened to MCR. :smirk: