1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Radio on Radionomy

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jan 29, 2016.

1. fragglevision

fragglevision Member

Muppet Central Radio just played the Arsenio Hall version of You and I and George and it was credited as "L'existence se danse" by Julio Iglesias. But why?

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Long story short, Radionomy is in the process of making major updates to their system and how songs are identified on their servers. We've uploaded the correct info for this song, Radionomy was just displaying inaccurate info when you were listening. If you see this happen on any other tracks, please post here and let us know. We'll double-check that everything is good on our end.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're aware by now probably, but there's a number of instances where the song title and song haven't been matching.

For example, "Keep Fishin'" wast just "Weezer - ????" And right now, E&B's version of "What's the Name of That Song?" is listed as "Bernard-Pierre Donnadieu - La Cité De La Lumière Naissante."

4. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I actually have quite a few screenshots...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and so on and so forth...

This really needs to be fixed.

5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Here we go again!

11?·????????????????????? 61

6. MikaelaMuppet

Not again...

???·?????

Why isn't something being done about this already?

7. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I'm sure something will soon enough.

8. MikaelaMuppet

I wonder if I go on the Radionomy website, I will get the same thing or not.

9. Phillip

Thank you @Oscarfan, @gavry3 and @WhoseLineFan for the reports of inaccurate artist and title data. We've been working on the issue.

This is related to changes Radionomy began making in April. Their automated system has changed our track info on a large percentage of songs. At first, this was just affecting new songs. Now this is affecting all songs on their network.

We can fix this on most tracks, but it's a manual process of updating each song one-by-one. We've been going through our library of thousands of songs and will have them all updated in the days ahead. There are also a slight few inaccurate titles that we currently can't change. As you can imagine, this is a huge issue for all Radionomy producers. Radionomy is continuing to work on their software and song identification processes, so we're hopeful this will improve in the near future. In the meantime, we're doing what we can to make this better.

gavry3, 1000 Eyes and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  10. MikaelaMuppet

You're welcome @Phillip.

11. MikaelaMuppet

Muppet Central Radio is now taking a long time to load on my iPhone. And the logo is taking a long time too.

12. MikaelaMuppet

Looks like Radionomy is down, which is why I can't access Muppet Central Radio at all on my computer and my phone.

13. Phillip

Yes, one of Radionomy's servers went down briefly this morning which temporarily prevented access to the site. Everything should be back to normal now.

14. MikaelaMuppet

Oh good. Thought it was my devices that caused the problem.

15. MikaelaMuppet

Why this?

Thunderstorm: Nature Sounds For Meditation, Deep Sleep, Spa, Healing, Relaxation

Just fix it please. Thank you.

16. MikaelaMuppet

Just spotted:

Einar Rose

Det er sönn at jeg blei vakker

17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

He already explained the issue. Relax.

18. MikaelaMuppet

Sorry and I will do that next time.

19. fragglevision

fragglevision Member

not related to a song error, but there's a version of "New York State of Mind" credited to Rowlf, with Jim making some intro or something. Is this from one of those TV appearances or something (most likely Arsenio)? Sure would help if you had custom cover art or album titles or something...

20. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Why is the 'Dragon Tales' Theme a part of this?