1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: "Muppet Guys Talking" premieres at SXSW in Austin March 12, 2017

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I know, right!

It's very... Rebellious against theaters and such. It's an innovative way of releasing movies, though, which is good, cause innovation is always in the Muppet spirit.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  2. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

3. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

4. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Froggy Fool likes this.
  5. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I love it when the performers do the voices in interviews.

gavry3 likes this.
  6. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Looks so good.

And considering Bill is my favourite performer and Johnny is my favourite character of his. I can't wait to hear how he came to be.

7. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

So many things I love about this. First of all, it's so great to hear Frank openly talking about the Muppets again (both in this preview and in general), and wonderful to see Jerry again.

8. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Yeah he doesn't look great but he sounds like he always did which was great to hear

9. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

On YouTube:

10. Froggy Fool

It's kind of crazy to think about that this documentary has been in the words for at least 5-6 years since they got Jerry to be on it. It's kind of sad that Jerry passed away just a few months later. (I'm just assuming this because he doesn't look to be in very good health.) :(

11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The four surviving performers from the documentary have been having video chat conversations recorded and put online, and I've thought of two things that would have made for great opportunities with this:
    1. Talk about productions that have come out since the film was made (since they clearly wouldn't have been able to do so).
    2. Have video chat with some of the performers who were NOT included in the documentary, as a way of sort-of including them.

It's recently hit me that the five people in this have rarely all worked together on the same thing, since Dave Goelz and Bill Barretta have rarely done Sesame Street and Fran Brill hasn't done much non-Sesame Street for Jim Henson. I think the only project to feature all five (and I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't all on-set at the same time) is The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  12. Froggy Fool

THREE MORE DAYS!!! :excited:

Pig's Laundry and MuppetsRule like this.
  13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.