1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: "Muppet Guys Talking: Secrets Behind the Show the Whole World Watched"

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Today's the day! The Frank Oz directed and produced documentary, "Muppet Guys Talking: Secrets Behind the Show the Whole World Watched" premieres at SXSW in Austin, Texas.

If you're attending the premiere or one of the screening this week, please post here and let us know your thoughts on this anticipated documentary after you see the film.

SXSW Screenings and Events

Film Screening and Q&A - Sunday, March 12, 11:15am, Paramount
    Film Screening - Monday, March 13, 6pm, Alamo South Lamar
    Film Screening - Thursday, March 16, noon, Paramount
    Live Event - Tuesday, March 14: A Conversation with Frank Oz and Leonard Maltin, 2pm, ACC Room 18ABCD, Austin Convention Center

About Muppet Guys Talking

For the first time ever, five of us original Muppet Performers who worked with Jim Henson for 35 years, (Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, Fran Brill, Bill Barretta, and Frank Oz) —we all got together on camera and talked about The Muppets.

So that’s what it is- we’re sitting around telling stories. We show clips and talk about what really happened behind the scenes. We talk about how we created our characters. We show rare performance footage. We get really serious - and we also get really stupid...

And we talk about what kind of person Jim was; about how he loved working hard - and so inspired us to work hard; how he valued our collaboration - treating us with affection and respect; how he cared about doing good work; and how he was inclusive and accepting of everyone.

[​IMG]

For more information visit:

Mupptet Guys Talking Austin Chronicle Preview
    http://www.austinchronicle.com/screens/2017-03-10/the-wonderful-world-of-frank-oz/

Mupptet Guys Talking SXSW Schedule
    http://schedule.sxsw.com/2017/films/68480

Mupptet Guys Talking Official Site
    http://muppetguystalking.com

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I'm hoping they have some interesting Richard Hunt stories.

3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here's a photo we took live from the red carpet this morning with Muppeteers Dave Goelz, Bill Barretta, Fran Brill and Frank Oz at SXSW. More to come soon.

[​IMG]

4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

So nice to see Fran!

5. Cookie Chris

Cookie Chris Member

I wish I could be there to experience it up close, but here's an interview Frank Oz recently did with Variety before the premiere. He talks about his opinion on the latest Muppet projects, his current involvement with the Muppets, and Star Wars.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  6. Pig's Laundry

UGH, I hate the fact that i'm in the same state as them right now, but I can't see them!

7. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Can we have a DVD and digital release... Tomorrow?

8. MikaelaMuppet

Why can't you?

9. Pig's Laundry

Because I don't have money.

Oh well, on the bright side, more events means more interviews with Muppet people, and maybe some videos from the event will crop up soon. I especially hope to see some interviews with Dave Goelz since he does so few of these.

10. MikaelaMuppet

That makes sense.

11. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Are you there?

12. MikaelaMuppet

Does anyone know if Sesame Street will be talked about?

13. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Maybe a little bit.

14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

It seems strange to me that Bill is involved in this He never worked with Jim. Brian yes but not Jim. They could have at least have gotten Caroll or Kevin or Steve, but why Bill?

muppetperson and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  15. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that really gets everyone thinking.

16. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Nice, a talkback thread for an event none of us can afford to see. :insatiable:

In all seriousness, fingers crossed that this gets some kind of (affordable) DVD/Blu-Ray/Streaming release. It would almost be sacrilege to keep us bigger fans away.

MikaelaMuppet and gavry3 like this.
  17. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Perhaps Steve couldn't attend for some reason so they got Bill instead. A bit unrelated, but doesn't he (Steve) live in Atlanta?

18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

A number of the Muppet Performers live away from either NYC or LA. Steve's from Atlanta, Kevin's from Baltimore, Caroll has a place in Connecticut. . . .

LaRanaRene likes this.
  19. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I really hope there'll be a wide spread release, followed by DVD, Bluray, Digital release, etc. I want to eventually put together a charity screening for this in Melbourne.

I NEED THIS! COME ON, FRANK! HELP HEAL THE BURNS WE ALL GOT FROM THE SHOW CANCELLATION!

dwayne1115 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  20. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Even though Frank didn't care for the 2015 TV show, at least he had some nice things to say about Muppets Most Wanted.