Your Thoughts: Muppet Monopoly Collector's Edition

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
These guys put more work into this then I imagined. I'm glad we get real origanal photos on the cards and no characture drawings. I love Rowlf in the Rat Pack outfit.

Side note; Click here if you want to see a close shot of the board.

Crazy:crazy:Chris

xakko

Reaction score
*sigh*... poor Rowlf, always getting left out. Left out of the main picture and no token.

Still, it does look very well made, and seems a definite purchase.

foofoocakes

Reaction score
WOW! They really did some nice details. It looks like they did their research. I love it that there are pictures instead of drawings. The Pepe card was VERY cool. I wish it was a little less expensive. $32.95 and shipping seems a little high even with the 10% discount for preorder. Maybe I am just being cheap? :grouchy:

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this, especially with Quinnmas coming up on June 12th....for those of you still shopping.... :halo:

This, the Muppet Playing Cards, and Muppet U-No are all gonna make my life a little bit more Muppety and Gamey. In fact, in trying to get into shape for the Muppet-opoly, Melissa and I played Monopoly last Sunday for my first time in 20 years, and it sufficeth me to say she kicked my bum.

:rolleyes:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was surprised that Fozzie was missing from the main board picture, but it's no biggie. All the Muppets are represented from what I see. Rowlf has at least one square, so does Beauregard and even Marvin Suggs. Scooter wasn't left out either. It's just difficult to have a main picture with absolutely everybody in it. I think they picked the right 6 game pieces. Fantastic! The only real issue I have is the four corners. I'm sure they could have come up with original graphics, but those cartoon images are a Monopoly standard so I can see why they kept them. Great stuff! :excited:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Thanks to Derek “Monopoly Guy” Stucker and Phil for putting that togther!!!! It looks great!!!! I know for a fact that Fozzie was never in that main board picture, so he wasn't "left out" he's just not in that shot as the same with Rowlf, Scooter and so on. It seems you can NEVER get a full cast picture of all the Muppets, it's gotta be hard from them all to stay in one spot!:wink:

Of coures Fozzie & Rowlf are in the game so it evens out, also Monopoly guy said it could be possiable for more Muppet Game parts to come out and I would think Rowlf and Pepe would have a very good chance acording to what people have been voting in the other thread.

I like that fact that old and new shots are shown though out the game you get classic shots as well as new one's of Gonzo and other Muppets!

This is a really great Muppet Fan product and I can't wait till it comes out!!!!

Zack)Rowlf the, can I be the top hat?...OH! I MEAN fozzie Bear!Dog.

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
Hi, all! I'm here to answer any of your questions about the game.

Concerning the main board picture:
That was a pre-exisiting group image that was given to us by Henson. Though Fozzie and Rowlf were not in that image, we tried very hard to make sure that Muppet fans would not be at a loss for finding their favorite characters in the game. So, Rowlf shows up on the box top (a group image that Okay?Okay! created), he occupies one of the higher-in-value board spaces in the game, as well as appearing on one of the Penguin cards. To give you an idea of how hard we tried to fit as many Muppets as we could into the game as much as we could, originally about 1/2 of the Chicken & Penguin cards featured just Kermit and/or Piggy, but we re-wrote most of those to incorporate other Muppets instead. Kermit and Piggy still show up on more of the cards than any one other particular Muppet, but we were then able to fit in cards for Sam the Eagle, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, and several others who wouldn't have gotten that little bit of "extra" exposure otherwise.

Concerning the corner square graphics:
We were bound by our contract with Hasbro to keep the Monopoly corner square graphics exactly identical to the original Monopoly games. One of the main things that separates USAopoly's Monopoly games from other "opoly" games is that fact that we have a contract with Hasbro that allows us the use of the traditional Monopoly graphics, rules, gameplay, etc. When you buy a game like "Dogopoly" or "Catopoly" or "Cucamongaopoly", you're buying a game that's just different enough from Hasbro's "Monopoly" for them not to be infringing on Hasbro's copyrights. Hasbro owns the name "Monopoly" and the graphics of the four corner squares, but doesn't own the the term "opoly", which is the reason that other games can call themselves "Something-opoly" but not "Monopoly". So, as per our deal with Hasbro, we can't do anything to change their copyrighted game elements, like the corner squares or Monopoly logo. So even if we wanted to stick Fozzie in his Patrol Bear garb on the "Go to Jail" space, or have Kermit popping out of the Monopoly logo instead of Hasbro's Mr. Monopoly, that would be in violation of our deal with Hasbro.

Derek

Luke

Reaction score
Haven't really had a chance to talk about the Muppet Monopoly yet but it looks superb, very high quality and it's obvious Derek and the other guys making it have really taken care to put tons of Muppety stuff in there and make it something the fans will love. Also really like the look of the Chicken & Penguin cards, and the style of writing on them. I tip my hat to you guys !

:embarrassed: < tipped hat !