1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Muppet Monopoly Collector's Edition

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 30, 2003.

1. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Oh, it was a legal issue that kept you from making Muppetopoly. I understand. Though you made a cool suggestion for a Bear On Patrol Fozzie for the jail. I can see some customizing being done by some people. I know that if I get the game, I'll put my BOP Fozzie right next to that corner (That is whenever I get him since he isn't out yet). Has anyone tried using any of the Palisades figures on a game board as pieces yet? That would certainly be cool for display purposes.

About the Rowlf thing on the box, I don't know what is up with JHC. They make some really weird decisions. Sometimes I think they do it to purposly mess products up or something. Like what was mentioned with yellow Lew Zealand. I can't understand why they made Rowlf so smale, unless they did it based on character importance or something. And the picture on the board looks nice. Better than the one seen all over the place. Sam looks odd though. Too bad Henson didn't add Fozzie or even Scooter in his place.

In all it looks like a great game, and I could use some version of monopoly in my house, even though all board games create huge fights. :D
  2. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

On The Very Best Of The Muppet Show, Vol 2 UK DVD in the menu they added Scooter, Fozzie and some Chickens to the image !

They did it real well too !

see ya
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Re: Guys,

You have that? I think I'll sneak over to yours and steal it. Hm...
  4. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Yeah, in a way Piggy appeared at MF. Animal appeared in TMS Live at the Fest, and Sam was singing in the background for a couple of numbers that same night. Fozzie didn't appear except in a clip from the Edgar Bergen episode. Also the puppet was used onstage for lipsynching during the "You're the Puppeteer" presentation, but that was a last-minute addition. So in terms of being a picture for MF, that image was fairly accurate. It's a shame he's not there for the Monopoly picture since Pepe was added. But at any rate, with or without Fozzie, I think it's a really nice image, and Fozzie does appear prominently on the box cover at least. And I agree with you that I'm glad they didn't use that ugly, overused image from the Muppet CD, etc., etc. Fozzie with a blue bandanna? Hello?

BlueFrackle, can you scan us the image with Fozzie and the chickens, etc. and put it up on your website or something? I'd like to see that.
  5. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Oooh, they did a fantastic job! Why is it I don't remember that picture. Don't think I cut that one. If I did, I'm such a goof. LOL!
  7. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

It's Time To Play The Game.....

Just got mine opened and it is being set up as we speak -
    Monday is now official Muppet Monopoly Night!!!

Looks great - can't wait to annia... Oblitera.....

er, can't spell at the moment, but I'm gonna win
  8. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Re: It's Time To Play The Game.....

Welcome to my world.
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Well it aint Scrabble so you're okay. Hmm. Does Scrabble have one B or two? :concern:
  10. Beauregard

So tell us did you win? Was it fun? Are the cards fun-ieee as Fozzie Bear would say?
  11. Beauregard

Does anyone know what the name of the person behind bars is? I heard today that he is called Jake the Jailbird!!! (pity they couldn't put a bunch of monsters in there, and Patrol Man bear in the policeman place.
  12. uncleduke

uncleduke New Member

I rarely win - on occasion I will - but my wife gets mad at me if I make to much of an effort. Thinks it will scar young minds if we don't let 'em win most of the time.

Yes, it is very fun - Monopolyguy and his cronies did a good job...
  13. Heather Feather

Heather Feather New Member

QUESTION

Hi Monopolyguy I have a question.....

Do you know if ToysRus is going to be selling it?

I have a feeling they won't be but I figured I would ask any way. I have a gift certificate from there and figured I would put it to good use.

Plus I just wanted to compliment you and everyone that worked on this game. It looks outstanding!:excited: I would love to do design work on something that fun. So I am slightly jealous.

Keep up the great work!

Heather :halo:
  14. Monopoly Guy

Monopoly Guy New Member

Heather Feather, I know for a fact that Toys R Us won't be carrying it. Our games are typically sold just through specialty stores, places like Barnes & Noble and Virgin Entertainment.

Thanks to everyone for their compliments on the game! I'm SO excited for this game to show up in the hands of fans like all of you and I'm anxious to hear your comments after playing it! :)
  15. JamieDenny

JamieDenny New Member

Hey Monopoly Guy,
    Everything looks amazing. Am being restrained about it for one reason.
    I thought Id wait untill september and be given one for my birthday.
    *climbs up some walls*
    Jamie
  16. Kermielovah

Kermielovah New Member

Monopoly on order

I found the Muppet Monopoly idea awesome and Dad has already ordered it for me for my birthday. I can't wait. he's afraid I shouldn't open it though...collector's item and all. What does everyone think?:concern:
  17. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Kermielovah, remember "Toy Story 2." Toys and games are meant to be played with. Do you really want to look back on all those "fond years" of staring at a box you couldn't open? And whether or not something will become valuable is always impossible to gauge. I have a bunch of Star Wars figures that I bought and never opened, figuring their value would skyrocket. They're worth maybe a couple of dollars more than when I bought them. Do you want to deprive yourself of playing the game for something that might only increase slightly in value?

I'm not picking on you. I'm just saying: open your game and have fun. :excited: If you're really that interested in trying to make money off of it at some point in the future, ask another relative to buy you the same game, and you can keep that one preserved for all time.

Hope that helps. Happy playing, and let us know what you think of it!
  18. Kermielovah

Kermielovah New Member

Chilly Down,
    You are right, I can't wait to play. I need someone to play with me. I already thought about duping someone else into buying it for me. Making my list of candidates now...
  19. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I so want this game already:excited:
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I always lose games. :(