Your Thoughts: Muppet Monopoly Collector's Edition

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
As far as I know, no one was added to or removed from the group picture in the game board center by any of us; it came that way from Henson.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Monopoly Guy
I inserted the nickname "Monopoly Guy" simply because I wanted people to understand that it was written by one of the two people from USAopoly who have been posting on the boards here about the game, and previously I hadn't given my real name.
Yeah nothing wrong with having "Monopoly Guy" in there as well, just some website members don't read the forum so they would have been totally clueless that you did all that great work on the actual game too. The design on the game is pretty fantastic, well done - so i'm in the UK so i wouldn't know but does USAoploy games play exactly the same as Monopoly aside from the different themes ? I'm getting confused there.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
That was the image used for MF, and that's why Fozzie isn't on there. As far as I know, Pepe was always part of the image, but I'll have to double-check the next time I'm back at my parents' in IL.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Henson designers must have added Pepe in the group picture. They did a very good job. Much better than the floating head Piggy that appears in so many pictures. (That's a running joke around here - Many classic Muppet pictures have been recently "updated" by awkwardly sticking a modern head on Miss Piggy.) It's actually kind of amusing. To show you I'm not crazy, here's the original sans-Pepe image. http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/muppetfest/pics/mf_175.jpg Somebody added him to the right of Animal. Don't know who did it, but it was a good choice. :smile:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Hmm. Since they added Pepe, then it is odd that they didn't add Fozzie. Just for the heck of it, they should have given him Piggy's floating head. LOL!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
"Hey, you're only supposed to play with your own head!" :wink:

Okay! Okay?

Reaction score
Kudos To Monopoly Guy, Frogboy4 and Philip

Its time to play the game now....Its time to have some fun!!!!

Derek did a fantastic job with his contributions to this game, and wrote a great article, almost entirely from the point of view as a fan. Frogboy4 i love the collage you did on the splash page, its very engaging to the viewer.

So as far as the art goes, yes MonopolyGuy and Frogboy4 are correct in saying that most all of the sizing and inclusion/exclusion of characters in images was directed by Henson. This being said, we tried really hard to get some fabulous imagery into this game and also to include some that may not be seen in other places. In fact, getting just the right image for the Penguin card spot and card back was near IMPOSSIBLE, though as you shall see, the final image is a real gem.:flirt:

We were also able to include some characters that were suggested not to include for various reasons, so the mix of those actually in/on the game is very exciting.:crazy:

I hope you all enjoy the game when you finally get a copy, which could be starting this week!!! Feel free to chekout our other great games at
USAOPOLY.com

So long for now, and hapy playing!
Okay! Okay? :rolleyes:

Monopoly Guy

Reaction score
Luke, the game play of Monopoly: Muppet Collector's Edition is exactly the same as any other official Monopoly game. The same thing goes for all the different versions of Monopoly made by USAopoly.

King Prawn

Reaction score
What I find strange about the original group shot is the fact that Sam was added but Fozzie wasn't, i mean i understand them not adding Frank's characters since he wasn't present but i do understand why they added Piggy, how can you have a group shot without Piggy and in a way she did appear at MF also Animal didn't appear (as far as i know) but i still understand the inclusion of him but what i can't understand is why put in Sam instead of Fozzie.

Rix toys used the same image for their Muppet Cards tin set and included both Fozzie, Scooter & a Chicken but Fozzie just seemed way to far fromn thew actual group shot, anyway i'm not complaining it's much better than the one they were using of Kermit, Piggy,. Fozzie, Gonzo & Animal, which apparantley appeared on almost everything, the Game Boy Colour game, The Muppet CD, The Muppets Take Manhattan & The Very Best of the Muppet SHow Vol.2 (UK).

Anyway i still like the picture but i think Henson should have added Fozzie in their somehow like they did with Pepe.