1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Muppet Movie Star Secrects on Disney Channel

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Phillip Administrator

"The Muppets" appearances continue...
    Sunday night The Muppets are appearing on Disney Channel to share their Muppet movie star secrets. You can see The Muppets during "Good Luck Charlie" and "Shake it Up" beginning 8 pm eastern, 7 pm central.

After you watch the appearance, share your thoughts here.
  2. Psammeadboi Active Member

The first spot was quite good. Piggy talked to China Anne McClaine and Sierra McCormick from A.N.T. Farm (Jake Short got kicked out of the spot by Piggy).

My favorite part was when Piggy asked what the third rule of being a movie star was and China and Sierra say, "Be yourself." "That's right!" Piggy says, "Being me!"Classic.

The second spot was a special clip from the movie, in which Kermit and Piggy introduce with the help of Behemoth (called Gene here by Kermit) and an old movie projector. The clip was set in the theatre and had Miss Poogy wanting to burn Piggy's old dresses. In a epic reveal, Piggy shows up down the aisle of theatre chairs silhouetted. Piggy and Poogy face off in a classic, "hiya" moment. Muppets in this scene included Scooter, Janice, and Strangepork, amongst others.

I rather enjoyed seeing the Muppets on Disney Channel in these spots
  3. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

is that the whole episode and was the clip the same one as showdown
  4. beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I loved these! Great stuff, not too Studio DC-like - but it was only a 2/3 minute thing. The only thing I didn't like was... uh... Gene...
  5. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

6. antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

7. beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Behemoth was called Gene in this for some reason...
  8. Muppet Frog Member

I'm liking how the promotion of the new movie is having the Muppets appear on Disney Channel more often.
  9. MuppetsRule Active Member

Watching Sunday Night Football and they had a movie promo on there as well. I've seen promos on just about everything I watch.
    theprawncracker likes this.
  10. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

was it the same film clip as showdown
  11. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i meant the film clip it showed
  12. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I think we got what you trying to say.
  13. Phillip Administrator

Here are all of the Muppet Movie Star Secrects...

14. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! SO much Muppet goodness online at the moment! I adored this appearance once again! How fantastic that these little Disney stars actually treated the Muppets with a little respect!

Also, Miss Poogy is rapidly rising in my estimations and may be one of the greatest new Muppet creations since...hmm...Big Mean Carl?
  15. Duke Remington Active Member

Nice.
  16. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Interesting - in the original trailers, Piggy's pre-karatechop line was "Oh look, what's over there?" then it got changed in the first release of the preview clip to "Oh look, an omelette station" and now again to "Oh look, free cupcakes!" - wonder which one will be in the movie?

Though i thought Poogy's delivery of "Over where?" was funnier in the trailer than the redub.
  17. ryan19 Member

yea,i was wondering why miss piggy's lines got changed 3times .... cud it be that theres a cameo in that lil line ??? 3o more days to the muppets .... woo-hooo !!!
  18. dwmckim Well-Known Member

This TOTALLY needs to be the New Thing...for the next two weeks, whenever the Muppets guest on a talk show, they should bring along Showdown as the preview clip and each time it should have a new line...

"Oh look, pizza boy!"
    "Oh look, underwear models!"
    "Oh look, pu pu platter!"
    "Oh look, Avon Lady!"
    "Oh look, French fried frogs legs!" "...and barbeque?..."
    "Oh look, Entertainment Weekly!"
    "Oh look, Wilkins Coffee!" "Ooh...decaf?..."
    "Oh look, free bikini wax!"
    "Oh look, visible arm rods!"
    "Oh look, free fart shoes!"
    "Oh look, a Sesame cameo!" "Is it Elmo?..."
    "Oh look, Nathan Fillion!" "Oh, he's GOOD!..."
    "Oh look, season four box sets!" "At long last?..."
    "Oh look, Frank Oz!" "Frank who?..."
    "Oh look, a BaZillion likes!"
    BobThePizzaBoy, TSSD and Phillip like this.
  19. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Probably also alternate takes and ad libs. I've seen that happen before. Sort of like how Parks and Rec, they have a LONG list of jokes that ALL seem like alternative ad libbed takes, but they show all of them in a row, making the joke klunky.

Hope omelette station gets in there. That sounds the funniest,
  20. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Only if that pizza boy can be me!
    dwmckim likes this.