1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Muppet Profile Fields

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We've added several new user profile fields like we used to have on our old vBulletin forum. This is a fun way to let others know your favorite movie, series, characters and collectibles on your forum profile.

To customize your profile go to your account and then "Personal Details" and you'll see these options...

[​IMG]
    Your selections will then be viewable on your profile. New members are required to fill out these sections now upon registration.

Let us know your thoughts on the new user profile fields.

2. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

I literally love this feature!!! You should add more questions like, " Who is your favorite Muppeteer?" or " Your favorite Muppet TV show's season?"

3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Er... Fave Muppeteer, yes. Fave TV show season, no, that would just be spammish given the threads already devoted to that in the forum.

4. fozzieisfunny

Ooh, yeah!! Would you be able to add that?? Maybe " Muppet Movie that has the best songs?"

5. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

This doesn't sound like a bad idea after all. I did fill in the "favorite movie" section, but I left "favorite tv show" alone. I have too many to choose from and besides, I do not want to be the victim of spam.

6. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

WOW THAT'S AWESOME THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL ADDITION!!!!!!! :)

7. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Phillip, THAT is an awesome idea! What have you got planned up your sleeve for the next Forum change?

The only problem is that I have a LOT more favorite characters than the ones I was able to fit on there!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    Phillip likes this.
  8. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I am looking under Preferences and I do not see it.

9. fozzieisfunny

It's under Personal Details. Hope that helps!

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  10. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Thank you! :)

11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

First of all, I'm not the one who adds additional edit fields to a member's profile, that would have to be asked of the forum administrator himself.

Secondly, we have threads for favorite Muppet movie songs, so I feel that too would be an edit field that would be best left unadded.

Hope this helps.

12. fozzieisfunny

Thank you! So, Phillip, would you be okay with these??

13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Entering information on your profile will in means lend you to spam unless you publicly post your e-mail address.

Twisted Tails likes this.
  14. fozzieisfunny

I hope I'm not spamming you, but could you possibly consider my questions for the new feature?