Your Thoughts: Muppets Collector's Edition Puzzle

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
WOW! Thanks for posting that Phil! Cindy did a nice review! and thanks to Monopoly guy too for sharing! :excited: :zany:

I think the beging of the puzzle looks great, but the Muppets at the top seemed a little cramed, manily Zoot, Beau,Floyd,and the penguin. Fozzie's not wearing his hat, but atleast he is holding it. Robin, Bean, Scooter, Camilla, Janice, Lew, and Rowlf as well as many others fit in great!! It might just be the picture on-line but Bobo looks a little fat...lol! well he is fat so i guess i'm just being silly! . The tin box is a nice touch BTY! :smile:

if another puzzle could be made I think that maybe that classic Muppet poster from the muppet show that was sold in stores the past year would make a nice puzzle with add on characters, it might have to be made the long way though due to the way the picture is, but if adding Muppets maybe not? :big_grin:

zack,

Thog

Reaction score
Honestly...I could do a better job on Photoshop.

radionate

Reaction score
Dan, I know you could do a better job in photoshop.

I am really disappointed in this. It's a cute idea in theory, but a big waste of time to me.

There is no lighting distinction, color correction, and many other things that look amateurish to me. Not to mention that Zoot is hidden, and Link looks horrid.

I guess with some companies you win some and loose some. Monopoly is a must, but I think I'll be passing on this, and if I do pick it up, I won't be framing it thats for sure.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thog said:
Honestly...I could do a better job on Photoshop.
I think it's a fun puzzle and a good effort, but I tend to agree with you. Seems a little cut and pasted. The characters cast no shadow and have no consistent light source. Color and contrast differences throughout the piece. Link looks almost as green as Bunsen. It is nice to see all of the characters, but I would have cut a few in order to have them breath easier or shrunk the image to fit them in. I'm a serious Photoshop user and a graphic designer myself, so I'm twice as opinionated when it comes to these types of compositions. I’ve completed comps of this sort in an evening. I think Cindy gave it a very fair score. It will make a fantastic family puzzle, but it's not quite frame worthy.

*** 1/2 stars from me too. Good effort, fun piece. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
At first glance, it's a definitely fun piece!! If you glare at it long enough you'll see the differences in the characters as mentioned by the past 2 posts. It does look cut and paste.

Stulz

Reaction score
New Photo Needed!

The bottom line is this:

WE NEED A NEW GROUP SHOT PHOTO THAT FEATURES MORE CHARACTERS AND BETTER LOOKING POSERS!! (ESPECIALLY THAT KERMIT)

These Photoshop mock-ups are getting old, and not to mention a bit amateurish.

Stulz

Reaction score
waste of time??

:boo:
I was really looking forward to this puzzle since it had been built up on the forum for so long now.

It seems like all that guess work was a bit of a waste of time since most of us here on the forum could have not only made that exact same image but done a much better job of it too!!

:attitude:
USAopoly:
You might want to focus more attention at making more great products like Muppet Monopoly and not tarnishing your image and your brand w/ this cut an past crap.

:eek: :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree. The idea is great, but this looks like nothing more than a mere prototype. they really should pull these and make a much better one. Or at least intergrate them better than something that looks like a wallpaper you'd download from a fansite.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The puzzle does look much better out of the box and put together, then just by the picture. I agree, it definitely could be better, but it doesn't look bad either. If you enjoy puzzles, you will like this a lot. Will it be the centerpiece of your collection? Probably not. Will it be an afternoon of fun, most definitely.