1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray and DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I mean it was a good special feature, but I would rather prefer "Inside the Gulag", even so it was pretty cool, though it should have had more muppets in the feature.

2. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Why not both? There was certainly room for more features on the Blu-ray. It would have been nice.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  3. Muppet Master

No, I meant which one I liked better, and I really do not understand why Disney did not include them on the Blu-Ray or DVD, they would have been worthy additions to the set.

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I just thought about this but what if there was a deleted scene during were doing a sequel where Constantine replaces Kermit during the song and all the other muppets question his singing voice. But I guess it wouldnt really make sense but i thought it would be funny

5. Muppet Master

That would be funny, and it could have worked if Kermit comes out and yanks him back saying, you are not in this scene Constantine, that would have been hilarious to most people.

6. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but anyone notice Jean Pierre Napoleon's pencil thin mustache bears resemblance to the one worn by Basil in The Great Mouse Detective?

7. Mad Monty fan

I saw that you added that Dead Tom was in this movie. Any news on whether Real Old Tom was somewhere in Muppets Most Wanted as a background character or not yet?

8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I have no idea.

9. Mad Monty fan

Well, I'm just going to go on the assumption that he is.

10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

He's not in the movie. I don't understand why you can't grasp that/why you're so obsessed with it.

Muppet Master likes this.
  11. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

This is Walter at his best!!:fanatic: Plus I loved seeing Eric Jacobson and Matt Vogel pass by Walter and not minding seeing him tape a behind-the-scenes featurette!:fanatic:

Aw man. I'm also pretty disappointed that both this and Inside the Gulag were only featured in the UK release of the MMW blu ray.:( But at least we'll be able to watch them again and again on this reliable site called Youtube!;)

12. Mad Monty fan

After watching the movie again for the umpteenth time, it made me wonder if the one of the muppets in the orchestra pit was Angelo from The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora or if it was just a muppet who looked like Angelo.

13. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Apologies for bumping the thread, but I FINALLY imported the extended edition from the U.S and I gotta say that the extra scenes make a lot of difference.

For one thing, the extra scenes create a better pace for the entire film and the pre-existing scenes make a lot more sense in terms of context. It's a pity that the film was running long because the scenes they had to cut out for the theatrical release are among the best.

A few of my favourites:

As an Aussie, the Austrian/Australian gag with Christoph cracked me up. The only way it could have improved was if it was Lew Zealand rather than Beauregard.

Kermit snapping at the gulag inmates ("You are not eyeballing me right now...") only got better with the extended scene. There's just something really dignifying about watching a room of hardcore prisoners becoming dominated by an 18-inch-tall frog.

The banter between Constantine and Miss Piggy after his proposal really justifies 'Something So Right'. I felt as if there were a few elements missing to the story and now it's making sense.

Why on earth was the decision made to cut Kermit impersonating Constantine to get past Dominic? Are they nuts?! It's like the best scene in the entire film!

Kermit trying to bring up the hairpin he swallowed....No words can describe how perfectly gross it is...

Did Jim ever have Kermit gag or is that just something that Steve perfected and wanted to share with the world?

All in all, I doubt I'll ever watch the theatrical release again. Why would I when the extended edition makes more sense and contains all the best moments?

Right now, I'm just thanking Henson that my Blu-ray player was multi-region so I could watch this in the first place!

14. Muppet Master

The MMW DVD was not even on sale for Black Friday, and it is still twenty dollars, come on, it can not get more expensive than it is already.

15. Oscarfan

That's really on the store, not Disney.

16. antsamthompson9

I'm sure you'd like to hear what Steve Swanson, the host of the MuppetCast, has to say about the film. Skip to 58:09. http://muppethub.com/e56-11pc/

17. jvcarroll

I like Steve Swanson, but it's like he didn't see the same movie I did. I liked the 2011 film but no longtime fan should favor the tone in that movie over this year's offering. But I do compare every film to the Muppet Movie. I do. I agree with that 100%.

Duke Remington likes this.
  18. antsamthompson9

@stephenjlizard is one of the few Muppet fans I know of who likes the 2011 movie more. I don't get how he thinks We're Doing a Sequel isn't as catchy as Life's a Happy Song. I'd like to hear what @Studmeister17 thinks about this movie, cause he disliked the 2011 movie. Alex, please come out of hiatus and tell us what you think about this movie.

Duke Remington and jvcarroll like this.
  19. Oscarfan

I seem to recall he being rather unfavorable of the 2011 movie on his podcast as well.

Duke Remington and jvcarroll like this.
  20. jvcarroll

I did like the 2011 film, but it really is more of an ad for the franchise than it is a proper Muppet film. I think Constantine is one of the most Muppety characters in decades. He stirs up trouble. Muppets used to do more of that.

Duke Remington and panmanthe2nd like this.