1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray and DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see people buying Robin Williams movies...he was a great actor and comedian. He will be greatly missed.

2. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Active Member

The Unnecessarily Extended Edition is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY! WOW!! I think it added a lot of character development for Constantine (his back story) and Miss Piggy (she was VERY suspicious of "Kermit's" proposal...and the little scuffle was very important to the plot, I thought.) Plus, the Number 1 Number 2 bathroom scene was GOLDEN! I LOVED this movie, but I doubt I'll bother with ther theatrical cut again. The extended version is far superior!!!

Duke Remington and NathanEsser like this.
  3. RealWonderman

(it's currently number 4 behind 3 Robin Williams movies)

4. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I just got last night, I am watching the extend cut right now, its better than the original cut.

Duke Remington likes this.
  5. AKaun6899

AKaun6899 Member

It struck me as weird as when he spoke-sang the majority of his verse, he was looking at the camera when speak-singing, "Calm down Camilla, it's a routine inspection," as opposed to looking towards his chicken love. :concern:

6. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

*SPOILERS*

*SPOILERS*

*SPOILERS*

Wowee wow wow. That extended cut was spectacular. I can definitely see why a majority of the stuff was cut (it's mainly minor character moments, little gags and jokes), but I think it made the film so much better. Characters like Rowlf, Pepe, Scooter, Dr. Honeydew, Dr. Teeth, Janice, and even Beauregard and Link get so many more lines and so much more to do. They're definitely listening to the fans. Unfortunately, the heavily speculated lines from Lips and Annie Sue were not featured. It's a shame, but nothing to whine too much about. I'm sure they'll have something to say next time around. :)

And, yes, the bathroom joke with Ricky and Constantine is awful. That's the thing though, about the bathroom jokes. They aren't shown in a positive light. Whenever there's a bathroom joke, the characters never react as if it's funny (Gonzo facepalms at Kermit's poopenburgen "joke", and Scooter has a particularly hilarious reaction to the aforementioned "joke"), so it would appear that the characters themselves are taking a jab at it, saying how unfunny that type of humor is. That being said, bathroom jokes and Muppets are best kept as faaaaaaaaaar away from each other as possible. Negative reaction or not.

So many of these parts should've stayed in. They would've had the film flow a lot better. For example, during the proposal scene, Miss Piggy is shown reluctant to the sudden proposal from "Kermit" and comments on how the "diamond" on the "ring" is black. That would've been so helpful to keep in, especially since she sings an entire song as to how she maybe doesn't want to get married after all. Without that cut part, the transition between the proposal and the song seems too sudden, to rushed. It really leaves the audience wondering "What's Miss Piggy doing? Hasn't she wanted to get married all this years?"

These are among my favorite jokes from the extended cut:

-Beau and the entire "Australian" joke. Oh man, that was one of the best ones.
    -Link agreeing with Constantine that the Muppets are better off without Fozzie, Walter and Animal
    -The "Disney Synergy" joke. Oh, god yes
    -Pepe commenting on how terrible Constantine's accent is
    -Gonzo's "millionaire" line
    -Scratch that, anything with Gonzo
    -Rizzo and Robin's only line (yes, it was in the theatrical cut, but deserves another mention nonetheless)
    -The "open all doors button"

And that just scratches the surface. Definitely worth the wait! The extended cut alone makes up for the lack of bonus features.

Go buy it now!

fufumuppet and LeahXZoot4Evur like this.
  7. RealWonderman

This...absolutely: So many of these parts should've stayed in. They would've had the film flow a lot better. For example, during the proposal scene, Miss Piggy is shown reluctant to the sudden proposal from "Kermit" and comments on how the "diamond" on the "ring" is black. That would've been so helpful to keep in, especially since she sings an entire song as to how she maybe doesn't want to get married after all. Without that cut part, the transition between the proposal and the song seems too sudden, to rushed. It really leaves the audience wondering "What's Miss Piggy doing? Hasn't she wanted to get married all this years?"

galagr likes this.
  8. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

:( Bad News. The Blu-Ray is back to #44, and the Amazon Instant is now in the top 100 at #57, but the DVD fell down to #88.

9. RealWonderman

Curious...what is sales rank? I don't quite understand...it's #4 top blu ray sales...do you know what this stuff means? I don't get it...

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/top.php

10. Muppet Master

That's in the Blu-Ray category, I'm talking about the "Movies and TV on Blu-Ray and DVD" category on Amazon.

11. RealWonderman

Yeah..this site says #4 blu ray sales, #44 sales rank. Still don't quite get it.

12. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

Just watched the Unnecessarily Extended Cut and, I have to say, it is THE way to watch the movie. So many great jokes got cut (my favorite being Kermit freaking out at the gulag prisoners, glancing at Ray Liotta and going, "Oh, you are NOT eyeballing me! Are you eyeballing me!?")

Duke Remington and ploobis like this.
  13. AKaun6899

AKaun6899 Member

I loved it at the end where Dominic was gloating in Constantine's face! Who's Number One, now?

muppetlover123 likes this.
  14. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

I could barely hear Lips. But at least The Swedish Chef and The Flying Zucchini Brothers's lines are easier to hear.

15. Muppet Master

Well, I finally got my single-disc DVD copy :). There's obviously not many extras to go around, except a 3 minute music video, so this DVD has the special features equivalence of the MFS VHS. So, when I watch it, I'll give my official DVD review of it. Anyways, it's good to see MMW's Blu-Ray back at #41, up three spots from #44, the Amazon Instant Video is down at #67, and the DVD is at #84. So, keep rolling in the cash, muppets. Sure it's not as impressive as the TMS box sets, but still decent sales, and a whopping #1 in Kid's Blu-Rays, and only behind 3 Robin Williams (RIP) Blu-Rays for Blu-Rays all-time so far.

16. AKaun6899

AKaun6899 Member

Did anybody who got the Blu-ray see it freeze during the beginning of the "I Hope I Get It" number? My copy is like that on both the theatrical and extended cuts, and even so, the movie plays fine otherwise, and the freeze is just like a second or so.

17. Mad Monty fan

No. I'm waiting to get it on Friday so that my grandmother and me both have a copy of the movie.

18. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I'm eventually gonna get this movie before the end of the year!!! If life would just stop throwing things at me! ><

19. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

My copy came today and I haven't watched the extended version yet, but a darn fine movie.

Muppetboy09 likes this.
  20. Mad Monty fan

That happened with my VHS copy of Muppet Treasure Island. During the part when Sam the Eagle as Mr. Arrow says and welcome to your lady pig friend, it cuts to black and white static for a split second before returning to normal.