1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray and DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 12, 2014.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

The Extended version of the movie alone is reason enough to buy the blu-ray.

2. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Well, I finally got to watch my MMW DVD, and boy was it worth more than four months wait. I loved it just as much as I did four months ago, and maybe even more. I'm going to re-watch this for a long time, and just as much as TMM, GMC, MTM, MCC, MTI, MFS, and TM'11. It's just such a good film, and it's really sad a lot of critics hated it just because of Jason Segel :rolleyes:. Anyways, since I watched it, here's my review of the DVD (not the film).

Muppet Master's DVD Review of MMW

The Movie

Nothing short of amazing. While it's obviously never going to reach the heights of TMM or GMC, it's a step up from TM'11 by providing a movie with the muppets as the main characters with great human secondary characters, and the antagonist. So overall, it's a really great film with few problems, and definitely worth your time. 9/10

The Video (Picture Quality)

Perfection, it's stunning, crisp, clear, and looks great. Nothing wrong with it, and just all over great. 10/10

The Audio

Perfect yet again. It's just great overall, and I can hear it all very well, the music is crisp and clear, and just amazing. 10/10

Special Features

Well, it's a recent Disney DVD, what can you really expect. While TM'11 had a more than eight minute long blooper reel on its DVD, this film has a music video. The I'll Get You Anything You Want Music Video (3:18) is nice enough and has extra lyrics that's not included in the movie, it's really a bonus feature you'd only like if it was in a group of interviews, outtakes, and behind-the-scenes programs. It's also been available on Youtube for a long time. Nice job Disney, you've managed to make DVD special features as mediocre as they get. 5/10

The Menus

They're really nice. The main menu has Sam which is awesome, and all the muppets going into the interrogation room. The other menus don't move, and while that would be nice, they're are still really well made, especially the Scene Selection one with a newspaper format. 8/10

Overall

MMW is an all around wonderful film. The video and audio is great, the movie itself is one of the best muppet films since the original trilogy, and while the special features could have been a lot better, the movie alone is enough for you to grab a copy. 8.4/10

JimAndFrank likes this.
  3. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

I love this movie! But, man, I really need to carve out a time to watch the Blu-Ray...

Duke Remington likes this.
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Hopefully I can get it today!

5. Muppet Master

Also missing is the previously announced “I’m Number One” Frog-E-Oke track when you pause the movie. Apparently this feature still exists on the digital copy, just not on the disc itself. And in the UK, they were told that the movie would come with an “On Set with Walter, Inside The Gulag” featurette, which nobody seems to have gotten on either side of the pond. Yet another Thing We Don’t Get to See. ---- Tough Pigs

6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

the Frog-E-Oke is really pitiful, so you're not missing much there.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  7. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

'On the Set with Walter, Inside the Gulag' is included on the Australian Blu ray. I only bought the DVD though, so I can't tell you what it's like.

8. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Sorry, but this point is completely moot. The Muppets have done bathroom jokes MANY times before in the past, even during the Jim era.

Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  9. Muppet Master

The Blu-Ray for MMW sadly went down to #48, but on the other hand, the Amazon Instant Video of MMW sky-rocketed to #49, considering it was in the back end of the 60's yesterday. Also, the DVD went from a tepid #88 yesterday to #72 today.

10. During Waldorf's slip-up in the train scene, you can see Dave Goelz's head in the right corner and during Ricky Gervais' first laugh-out-loud flub, you can hear Eric Jacobson's laugh. That's as much direct physical presence we got from the performers.

11. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

Not so fast, Muppet Master! You need to look at amazon.com a little deeper than that. It says Muppets Most Wanted is the #1 best seller on the Kids and Family section on amazon. Here's the proof:http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HNX28TI/?tag=muppetcentral

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  12. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Where did you watch it?

13. Muppet Master

Though that's a pretty nit-picky #1. It's not #1 in Blu-Rays, but in Kids and Family Blu-Rays. The last family film to be released on Blu-Ray was Rio 2, and that was in July, so there wasn't much competition.

14. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

It doesn't matter. It's still a best seller on amazon.

Duke Remington and galagr like this.
  15. Muppet Master

A more impressive feat is that after more than two years since its release, TM'11 is in the top 30 in the same category.

16. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

DisneyMoviesAnywhere (you need an access code for it).

I just watched the extended version. Man, that was long. But there was a lot of neat stuff that should've been in the movie. Some of it deserved to be cut though (like the instrumental during "We're Doing a Sequel". Geez, why'd they even bother filming that?)

17. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

Has anyone found any high definition videos of the finale lately? If not, then you'll really notice a difference in the sound quality. You can actually hear Salma Hayek, Ross Lynch, and Chloe Grace Moretz singing at the same time. Other differences from the original version of the song that you'll notice is:
    -Marvin Suggs is seen wiggling his head a little bit
    -Black Dog, Green Frackle, and JG are seen singing along
    -Walleye Pike, Calico, Muppets Tonight Drummer, One-Eyed Jack, and Pink Frackle appear in a zoomed out shot.
    -Usher and Frank Langella's lines can actually be heard.
    The only thing that dosen't change is Angel Marie staying silent.
    A goof i noticed is that Nigel the Conductor's head changed from orange to yellow in one shot. I don't know if that's maybe his usual head color, but i was able to notice it right away.

18. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

So I FINALLY, FINALLY, got MMW on bluray today. Yaaaaay! :) all I have to say is I laughed way more in the extended version then in the theatrical release. So cool to see the songs in their full form. Although I do agree the instrumental part for "we're doing a sequel" was quite boring. My bag of popcorn was done in the microwave before that. :p I loved Kermit's melt down and him going off at Ray
    Liotta eyeballing him was priceless. I thought that was a MS moment. It's rare we get to see Steve's Kermit fly off the handle so this was a nice touch. The scene where Constantine is explaining why he proposed to Piggy was great. Why that was cut in the theatrical version I'll never know that would've added so much more to the plot. And you really get to see Piggy question if this is really Kermit. Out of all the scenes that should've been kept in.

Kermit regurgitating that key omg I was so grossed out by that. Ewww!

As for the blooper reel I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I liked TM's one better. Because god forbid you actually show the puppeteers Disney!!! Are kids gonna be that traumatized?! But other then that I just enjoyed this movie more and more each time. And the extended version just added to the enjoyment. My heart just breaks that it didn't do better. But don't give up on them Disney!!! I'll never go back to watching the theatrical version. The extended version definitely makes up for the lack of bonus features.

And can I just say don't get me wrong all of the puppeteers did phenomenal jobs but I just can't praise Steve enough he is just brilliant. He really pushes the limits with Kermit in this film particularly during the helicopter scene.

I mean I could sit here and knit pick at things but there would be no point. All in all 9/10. Def worth the 25.00 I paid for it.

Muppet Master and panmanthe2nd like this.
  19. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Really? I typed my access code in on friday before the release as i got mine early and i never got to see the Frog-e-oke

EDIT: Just went to the website and I could watch it! But it wasnt great whatsoever.... wish they would have showed scenes from the actual number like the other Frog-e-okes but its whatever

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  20. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I just love the extended version, and the Blu-ray is great.

But I am a little sad that the Blu-ray didn't have a audio commentary, or the trailers, or some of the deleted scenes that weren't in the extended version as extra bonus features. Oh well.

But, the Blu-ray is so worth the money! Can't wait to rewatch it again and again!