1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray and DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

Since I have a hard time trying to spot her, I just have to ask where in the film Trumpet Girl appears. I thought she might be in the background of the Dublin tour, but I could be wrong about this.

2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I don't even remember the last time Disney put out a decent cover art for DVDs. And they don't even keep getting better!

3. NathanEsser

NathanEsser New Member

Why on earth the extended cut was not included in the digital version. I just can't bare to see the movie without the scenes added in.

4. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

We can complain all we want, and it won't get better. Though the MMW cover looks like a Picasso masterpiece compared to this.

[​IMG]

Honestly, this would easily pass as a bootleg. Is this even allowed? It's basically the teaser picture that was used to tease the film like 2 years ago when the film had no plot or real images yet.

5. Muppet Master

WE'VE BROKEN INTO THE TOP 10 GUYS!! MMW is at #10 (the Amazon Instant Video) in "Movies and TV in DVD and Blu-Ray. Can we reach #1? Meanwhile the Blu-Ray is out of the top 100 at #105, and the DVD is #208.

Phillip and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  6. Swordfry

Swordfry New Member

2 things concerning characters:

1. Miss Piggy seemed really toned down in this movie. In every Muppet production, she acts like a loud, rowdy diva. She barely raised her voice in this movie.

2. Statler and Waldorf's increased involvement. These hecklers followed the Muppets everywhere. On the train, on the tour, and even backstage. I could not get used to seeing them in the back of the Muppet crowds all the time. They have always been integrated in clever ways throughout the movie such as just happening to be in the same park where the Muppets are doing a scene or musical number. Don't get me wrong, I want more of Statler and Waldorf, but this just seemed like an odd choice to me.

Plus, they were on the tour, AND part of the audience, continuing to heckle to acts from their balcony. So are they now officially part of the troupe and their acts? Or are they just filthy rich and determined enough to dog the gang at every step along their tour while still managing to snatch the best seats for every show? :)

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Some would argue that #1 is good; Piggy doesn't need to always be a loud, rowdy diva.

#2 confuses me as well. Technically speaking, all the other movies have been movies where the Muppets are playing characters essentially. This movie and the last are technically the first to take place in the universe outside of the movies.

Duke Remington likes this.
  8. Mad Monty fan

Where does Trumpet Girl appear in this film? I'm beginning to think she's not in this film. The only ones I know of that were in this film were Mahna Mahna, The Snowths, Beautiful Day Monster, Quongo, Afghan Hound, Crazy Harry, Beauregard, Bobo, Uncle Deadly, Lew Zealand, and Nigel the Conductor, but not Trumpet Girl.

9. Oscarfan

Who cares?

dwayne1115 likes this.
  10. Mad Monty fan

I was kinda hoping I would get a reply from another person, but that's better than nothing, I suppose.

11. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

It's not like there is a huge fan following for the Trumpet Girl.....Annie Sue maybe, but not the Trumpet Girl.

12. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Here is something that has bothered me. In the last scene when Kermit is about to be taken back to jail, Piggy should have been the one to stand up for Kermit first instead of Walter. She takes a backseat and lets everyone else say how much they care about him first. Piggy would never do that, I personally think she would be the first one to stand by her frog. Just my thought.

13. Mad Monty fan

That's true. But I still have the question of where Trumpet Girl appeared in Muppets Most Wanted. The only orchestra muppets I've been able to spot so far are Zoot, Crazy Harry, Floyd, Animal, Lips, Dr. Teeth, Nigel the Conductor, Rowlf, and Janice.

14. Pinkflower7783

That bothered me too considering they had just shared a kiss after finally getting back together. It was like "okay we're good now I can blend into the background."

15. Oscarfan

What bothers me about that is Walter.

In the context of the film, he's only been with the Muppets a short while; they've known each other for upwards of 30 years. Sure, he grew up watching them, but he's like half their age. Yet he somehow acts like he knows Kermit uber personally, all of his likes/dislikes/faults etc. He thinks he's has more responsibility/purpose than he does. Well, *he* doesn't think he does, but the writers do. He gripes that he was the one to convince Kermit to do the tour, when he basically made a good suggestion before Kermit decided to do it. He didn't make a game-changing argument.

I like Walter, I do. But he's being thrust into a place of stardom when he hasn't earned it yet; it seems forced.

Phillip likes this.
  16. Muppet Master

The Blu-Ray has returned to the top 100 in "Movies and TV on DVD and Blu-Ray" at #97.

Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  17. Pinkflower7783

Again he is the first character created of the Muppets under the Disney name so of course their gonna make a big deal out of him. Guess having a watch of Kermit suddenly makes you know him personally. :p

Anyways...I can't gripe too much about Walter I like him a lot and think he brings a great presence to the Muppet franchise.

18. Muppet Master

I think after watching the full season/series of Disney Drive-On with The Muppets, I've realized how to describe Walter. A fanatic of everything Disney (because of corporate synergy).

Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  19. Mad Monty fan

I guess no one wants to answer my question. That's fine. Don't answer it.

20. Pinkflower7783

I feel like all of US Muppet fans who have been with them 30+ years know Kermit better then Walter. :p

Phillip likes this.