1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray and DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Aug 12, 2014.

1. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I don't think I saw Trumpet Girl at all in MMW, but she was present in the previous film. Perhaps because Lips was always present, there was no need for another trumpeter.

2. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

Luncheon Counter Monster should have of been in MMW. I can't believe the directors didn't think of re-using him for that film.

3. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Yeah, seriously! And how about that one Muppet that was in that one episode of the Muppet Show that one time in that one sketch... :rolleyes:

Muppet Master and galagr like this.
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Nice to see you Casey! :)

CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  5. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

The "On set with Walter" and "Inside the Gulag" bonuses are listed on the back of the UK Blu-ray, so I think they are on there.

6. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Well MMW's Amazon Instant Video is now at #23 in "Movies and TV on DVD and Blu-Ray" :(. I guess #10 was the furthest it could go, but at least it cracked the top ten at some point. The Blu-Ray is still struggling at #85, and the DVD could not even last a week in the top 100.

7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I really don't understand why your going so nuts over a Muppet who doesn't even have a name. All she is called is "Trumpet Girl" a no voice background Muppet witch would bring nothing to the plot or jokes to the movie.

Pinkflower7783 and galagr like this.
  8. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I went to go buy the DVD at Walmart today. I finally found it in the front of the store (I expected it in the back where all the DVDs/Blu-Rays are), and guess how much it was? $19.96. It was JUST the DVD. The DVD with the movie and one bonus feature that was already available. I honestly can't even imagine how much the Blu-Ray would be. It just shows how much Disney has gone up with their DVD prices.

9. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

It's driving me crazy mainly because I can't seem to find her in Muppets Most Wanted. :attitude:

10. dwayne1115

Again who cares? You could ask so many other things about the movie. Like, Why would Crazy Harry be scared of a bomb? Where was Annie Sue's triumph return? Why did Walter think he knew so much more about Kermit, and the Muppet world tour then anyone else? Thees are the just some of the questions I have that kind of make more sense.

Muppet Master and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  11. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Your going nuts over a background character? Or better yet a character who doesn't even really have a name? Umm...okay...:smirk:

dwayne1115 likes this.
  12. dwayne1115

Mad Monty It's not that we are trying to be mean about this. It just seems silly to be going nuts over a no name Muppet, when a lot of classic Muppets have been pushed to the side for so long.

13. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Here's your answer: in the theatrical cut, she is seen next to Rowlf after Constantine introduces the running-of-the-bulls.

panmanthe2nd and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  14. Muppet Master

Wow, that's really way too high, it's basically just the film, though that alone is worth it for me. On Amazon the DVD is $14.96, and even that isn't exactly a reasonable price. I think it should be $9.99 for the DVD and $19.99 for the Blu-Ray.

15. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I actually thought the DVD would be $9.99... but then I thought, "Oh yeah, it's Disney releasing it, which always means outrageous prices on new releases". :p

Muppet Master likes this.
  16. Muppet Master

I know, it's one thing to make a movie on DVD with one lousy special feature for $20, as a matter a fact you can get any one season of TMS on DVD for about the same price, that's 24 half-hour long episodes, and three top-notch special features. If Disney's going to make us pay that much for a DVD then at least stop giving DVD owners a raw deal, I mean you don't have to put the extended cut and all that on the DVD, but at least maybe Rizzo's Biggest Fan and Frog-E-Oke. So, did you buy the DVD?

17. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

No way. In a month or so, it will probably be $10 or $15 at Walmart. The last movie was $15, so I could deal with $15.

18. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Just saw the S&W cut of the film felt like a scam but, was sort of funny.

Muppet Master and dwayne1115 like this.
  19. dwayne1115

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way!

20. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I'd thought that it would have been them MST3King the film, the way the director did with Rizzon & Gonzo in the Muppets from Space DVD. That would have been so much fun.

MuppetSpot likes this.