Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted Original Soundtrack

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Top 5 favourite songs from the soundtrack!

1. Interrogation Song
This song is so bad, it’s extremely good! I’m not sure why it’s my favourite. It could be the impeccable chemistry between Burrell and Sam. It could be the appearance of all my favourite Muppets or Gonzo’s nailed-on-the-head section. It could even be all the punnilicious pig cracks from Jean. You know what? It’s all of them!
The rhythm of the lyrics drives the song forward. The lyrics also have to be the most cleverly written by Brett on the whole soundtrack. The lines just bounce off each other in a smooth manner and nothing had to be forced to pull it off!

Favourite Quote: Your accusations far out man!

2. We’re Doing a Sequel
The main thing I like about this song is that it manages to be a spectacular opening song while still being low key. The Muppets have proven their point that they still have what it takes. Now they can relax a little and entertain because they want to, not because they need to. The input from the other Muppets for what kind of sequel they could do is rather charming and they don’t outdo each other in the process.
It’s just simple plain let’s-get-this-thing-going fun!

Favourite Quote: We can’t do any worse than Godfather III !!!

3. Together Again
Oh, what a nostalgic feeling this brings! While I slightly object to the whole ‘Again...again’ deal, the song is just pure Muppety goodness! It’s tradition! It mirrors MTM without pressing the issue and while some may object to the ‘new’ voices singing the same song that the original voices made famous, I kind of liked hearing Steve’s interpretation. He didn’t try to mirror Jim at all and that tactic has always worked out for the better.

Favourite Quote: It’s not starting over, it’s just going on!

4. I’m Number One- Dominic and Constantine

I’ll admit that Matt Vogel has never really gained my attention before, but man he has it now! Constantine is a work of genius and you don’t need to see him to know that he is magnificent. His articulation is spot on and while he doesn’t have a particularly strong voice, his characterisation is impeccable.
Ricky Gervais had his work cut for him and it certainly paid off. The chemistry between frog and man is strong enough in song to know there is tension between them, but for now at least it is all in good fun.

Favourite Quote: Dance, monkey, dance!!!

5. ALL THE REST!

r

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I really don't care for the extra portion at the end of "Together Again". I saw movie; I get why it's there, but it doesn't fit in on the soundtrack.

ferrell

Reaction score
I really like "I'll get you what you want" just because it sounds like "Earth, Wind and fire." the John Travolta (Grease) demo was funny, did anyone else notice a little bit of the Count popping in here and there in Constantine's voice? I think I like every song on here except the two remakes, "working in a coalmine" and the song about Mick Jagger, I also noticed something that kind of made me sad, Steve and Dave are the only Muppeteers left over from the original cast from when Henson was still alive, the rest are newer. in fact some of the voices I have a hard time figuring out who's who with new people doing the characters. also Dr.Teeth and Rowlf sound the same as each other, I can't point out Scooter anymore like I used to, in fact I looked at the cd booklet to inform me as to who was singing what, and Floyd is still going to take awhile for me to get used to his new voice, I'm not saying they are bad I'm just saying that to my ears they don't quite sound the same and it's going to take awhile to get used to the new voice actors. basically they are different enough from the originals that I can tell the difference and I guess I have to readjust my ears to their new voices.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Okay so I broke down and downloaded the soundtrack obviously I can't make most of the songs until seeing the movie but I absolutely love "Something So Right" and no it's not cause Piggy is singing about Kermit. :stick_out_tongue: I just love the line Janice sings "After all we've been through after coming so far" I mean isn't that the truth about The Muppets?!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Okay so I broke down and downloaded the soundtrack obviously I can't make most of the songs until seeing the movie but I absolutely love "Something So Right" and no it's not cause Piggy is singing about Kermit. :stick_out_tongue: I just love the line Janice sings "After all we've been through after coming so far" I mean isn't that the truth about The Muppets?!

That was actually Scooter lol

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Thank you Casey! It's good to be back. I'm just torn on whether it's worth getting the disc or just downloading it off of iTunes.
The disc comes with bonus content. The booklet is nothing special, but it does have the lyrics which is cool.

muppetfan64

Reaction score
MUPPET NEWS FLASH! THIS JUST IN, MUPPETS MOST WANTED PREMIERES IN THEATERS TODAY,I REAPEAT,MUPPETS MOST WANTED PREMIERES IN THEATERS TODAY!:smile::wink:

Bridget

Reaction score
I have fallen into a deep spell with We're Doing A Sequel and Something So Right, thus far. We're doing A Sequel brings the tears one, (because moi am extremely emotional), and two, because for all of you fellow Muppet fans who have loved the Muppets since old times, know that this song just brings back the classic feeling of the good old days. It is basically a modern day, more hilarious, version of "Hey A Movie!" And they break the fourth wall, without breaking the spirit! This song is perfect, and Kermit and the gangs' outfits are absolutely phenomenal.

** Do you know how badly I am wishing that, that Toy Story 4 reference is either a nag or a hint?**

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i thought that was scooter who sung that verse