1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'll say this. While I did want The Muppets soundtrack (never got it), I have such a burning desire to grab this one up. While there's no Man or Muppet epic song in the film, I have to say the songs in the film overall are consistent in their quality. No "Me Party" here. Just catchy, breezy, stick in your head tracks.

While I would get The Muppets for Man or Muppet and the Barbershop version of Smells like Teen Spirit (without the dialogue), this film's music overall is more intriguing than last time. Plus.. seriously... how great was "I can get you what you want?" I was still humming that out of the theater.... for 2 hours.

Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  2. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

I thought it was great! It will take me a few times seeing the movie again and/or hearing the songs from the soundtrack to really remember them, but I liked what I heard in the movie. "The Big House" was one of my favorites, but they were really all good- I think the "Something So Right" was a great emotional number just like "Man or Muppet" from "The Muppets" was- both are great songs. (I also liked the "Me Party" song for that matter- but I pretty much love all of "The Muppets" soundtrack. "Muppets Most Wanted" sounds like a winner too. "We're Doing a Sequel" was a great opener too and I definitely loved hearing "Together Again" (Again) in the movie.:):o:concern::mad:;):sympathy::fanatic:

3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

The exclusive tracks are awesome!! The Muppet Show Theme in german includes Constantine introducing the show so funny!! Wish they would have used it in the movie

4. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Is that part of the International bonus tracks? Because the Los Muppet Theme doesn't have the Constantine intro.

5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Yeah its just for the German one

6. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Ha. It actually is funny! I just got the two bonus tracks from JimAndFrank. "Hi Ho. It's Die Muppet Show. Play It!"

muppetlover123 likes this.
  7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I got the soundtrack a few days ago, and it's great.

After having seen the movie once and listening to the music, there's a few things I forgot that I got wrong at first. Like in "Something So Right", I thought Scooter's line was being sung by Janice. And one of Constantine's lines in "I'm Number 1" sounded to me like it was being sung by Dominic, until he got to a part that was clearly Constantine talking to Dominic.

Brett McKenzie's demo tracks are great. He is really good at impersonating the voices. His impression of Miss Piggy was so good, I had wondered at first if Eric Jacobson had actually sung on the demo track for Something So Right, though at times it is obvious the voice isn't Jacobson (or Oz).

I wonder if demo tracks were recorded for the other movies. It'd be cool to hear demo tracks from Paul Williams singing the Muppet Movie songs, or Jeff Moss singing the Muppets Take Manhattan songs.

8. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

What's deleted from the film That is on the soundtrack.

We're doing a sequel:
    "How hard can it be?" Rowlf: "We can't do any worse then the Godfather 3!"
    Lew Zealand's "fish out of water movie" suggestion, Stalter and Waldorfs "How about you do movie where you don't make a movie and we all get to go home early?!?" And Rowlfs Lonely dog movie suggestion. The song Also has a nice music bridge.

The Muppet Show Theme – Los Muppets: Longer version of theme (watch MMW B-roll fottage) which would've included Sweetums, Thog and mutations walking across stage dressed up Just as the other Muppets are and Pepe has a nice solo.

Interrogation Song: Gonzo and Camilla have a section, The Swedish Chef has an interpreter: most likely a unlisted cameo. And Constantine (Believed as Kermit) and Miss Piggy
    Both I Believe have one extra verse With the inspector and Sam.

Cockatoo in Malibu: Constantine has a second verse of things he can offer Miss Piggy. It is used during the end credits and Bret McKenzie's funny or die video Has video footage of the kangaroo, cockatoo etc.

That's all I can think of soundtrack wise. Of course Scooter's moves like Jagger and Miss Piggy Macarena song or longer too.

LaRanaRene and DrDientes like this.
  9. minor muppetz

Listening to the Brett McKenzie tracks, his impressions at times seem to suggest that certain lines were originally going to go to different characters. Like his rendition of "We're Doing a Sequel", it sounds like Sam was going to sing Bunsen's line about it being their seventh sequel (I keep thinking Walter should have sung that line).

Plaid Fraggle and DrDientes like this.
  10. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

I'm on my third complete-disc play-through of the MMW soundtrack and enjoying it immensely. I'm glad I managed to avoid listening to any of it online or buying the soundtrack before I went to the movie because now I'm re-living the joy of hearing all this great music for the first time when I saw MMW last Saturday.

Wonderful idea to include the Bret McKenzie demos of four of the songs. It's a kick to hear him sing these - he sounds like he's having a blast, whether or not he's using Muppet voices. (It's both delightful and a little scary that his Miss Piggy is so close to the real thing.)

I know a few people are griping about "Moves Like Jagger" and "Macarena" being included in their full-length versions but I actually get a charge out of both of them. I love to hear Scooter, Pepe and the Penguins turn Maroon 5 on its ear, and I HATED that Bayside Boys Remix of "Macarena" (with the obnoxious female soloist) so it was a hoot to hear Piggy and the flamingos put it through the wringer.

It's somewhat relieving to find that no major plot points (a la Tex Richman backstory) were left out of the movie or the songs. That being said, part of me wishes Rowlf's bits were left in "We're Doing A Sequel" and that Pepe's part of the Spanish TMS theme had survived the cut. Glad to have them both on this album.

My only other quibble is that Piggy's version of "My Heart Will Go On," the convicts' attempt at "End of the Road" (which I personally found hilarious), and their "Please Let Me Get This Part" song didn't end up here. It might have padded out what was actually a surprisingly short soundtrack album (especially when compared to TM2011).

All in all, I'm delighted to have this disc (purchased less than three hours after Mrs. Otter and I left the theatre on Saturday) and I look forward to enjoying it for years to come. DANCE, MONKEY, DANCE!!!

11. minor muppetz

Since it was included in the trailers, I had not had a problem with Scooter singing "Moves Like Jagger", but when I got the album, the first few times I listened to it I didn't feel like listening to the whole song and kept skipping to the next track (so many better songs on the album... I've also only listened to the Spanish Muppet Show theme a few times). But now it's a lot better to listen to.

12. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Really wanted to post a review of the film's songs in general, but I was a patient lady and waited for my copy of the soundtrack! Phew, that was an intense wait! :eek:

I find this soundtrack's songs to be more film-tied, plot-specific than the songs from The Muppets. But, I do find their melodic, listenable quality to be at least as consistent, if not moreso, than TM's!

I WAS TOO. I think that one is high up there on my list of faves! Reminds me a lot of Flight of the Concords with how outright funny it is. And man, do I love Flight of the Concords.

The authenticity of the doo-wop feel in "The Big House" makes it a fave of mine, too :)

"We're Doing a Sequel" is way too charming for the simple intro song it is. Very well done! :)

"I'm Number One" was a bit underwhelming in the film IMO. I see it as a piece that really heavily establishes a tension between the two villains...but that tension wasn't a major enough part of the film to warrant a song. I actually prefer listening to it than watching it (the green screen was distracting). Oftentimes, I hear Count von Count singing Constantine's part :batty: XD

Although I appreciate "Interrogation Song" for its ambitious rhythm/lyrics, it's not the kind of song I've found myself singing along to. (Yet.) The friend I saw the movie with in theaters loved this one the most, though... and Sam's always fun :D

:attitude:

I thought "Something So Right" was honestly really hilarious. Maybe it's just my (sometimes immature) sense of humor, but I really hate sappy, dramatic songs. I found this at turns a parody of those kinds of songs, but also injected with a bit of genuine sweetness. When I can't quite tell how much of something is parodic and how much of it is sincere, I call that success :D Love you, Miss Piggy!

On a *SPOILERY* note, so glad I didn't get this soundtrack before I watched the film--that Josh Groban cameo reveal at the end blew me away. I was ashamed for not putting that together earlier in the film! Loved it!!

Lastly, loved Scooter's "Moves Like Jagger." Loved Scooter in general!! ;) Awesome job, Mr. Rudman! Loved that it was a great, full song on the album, but only in the film just a tad. I thought "Cluck You" in the first film lasted too long and got awkward really fast, and they full-on avoided that potential distraction with this number.

All in all, love this soundtrack. The original numbers particular to the film are especially, consistently strong. A!

FletchySRF3088 and charlietheowl like this.
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Ever since I heard Scooter perform "Moves like Jagger," the song has grown on me. I'd love to buy the soundtrack just to hear more of that (if I didn't love the other songs).

Though, I have to say, I kinda like this one better...

I really did like how Macarena was used in the movie, but I don't know what to make of a full version. Though, if anyone saw the episode of Bob's Burgers "Mazel Tina," the Klezmer version was hilarious. Hoping the full version is just as funny.

I have to admit, that "God I Hope I get it" bit, I don't mind not having. It just wouldn't hold the same weight as it did in the film. As for the others, they're supposedly an iTunes Europe exclusive, along with the unused German theme song. Would be nice if they released them in the US. Maybe as a blu-ray DVD special feature or something.

But darnit... I want this CD bad. I liked the soundtrack to the other CD, but I admit I'd only buy it for Smells like Teen Spirit and the full Tex song.

14. minor muppetz

Even though I've seen the movie and know that Tina Fey is in her Russian guard clothing during "The Big House", when I listen to the song on the album, I keep picturing her singing it in a much sexier outfit. Not as sexy as what Raquel Welch wore in her opening number, or any of the skimpy outfits Lady Gaga wore in her Muppet special, but still something sexy.

15. minor muppetz

One thing about Brett McKenzie's tracks is that it's easier to understand certain parts of songs that were hard to understand (I know, I could have just read the lyrics...).

It's weird how in Something So Right that other characters also wonder why something so right feels so wrong. I thought the characters were all worried about "Kermit" leaving them behind. What's especially odd is Lew Zeland's line "how can the happiest day of my life feel so sad?" So how is Miss Piggy's wedding the happiest day of HIS life? Shouldn't the happiest day of his life involve him somehow (perhaps the day he got his big break as a boomerang fish thrower)?

16. Perhaps Lew is sad because the Muppets are once again breaking up, but equally happy because the split will allow him to explore new opportunities as a boomerang fish thrower. :fishy: (If memory serves me well, he was shocked at the fact that anyone can "leave the Muppets".)

17. minor muppetz

And, according to the Junior Novel, didn't Miss Piggy leave the Muppets first in The Muppets, which is what led to the Muppets all splitting up in the first place?

People wonder who did the translating for The Swedish Chef. It sounds like Ricky Gervais to me. Though the booklet only refers to the character there as "Translator". And if it was a celebrity cameo, wouldn't it be noted in the packaging? For all other songs that include celebrity cameos, the track listings note "with special appearance by..." for them (Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga, Josh Groban, Celine Dion).

18. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

The translator doesn't sound like Gervais to me, but I have no clue who it does sound like. Great line, though.

19. BobbyBenson64

BobbyBenson64 Active Member

I've got something so right stuck in my head!!!!