Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted Original Soundtrack

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll say this. While I did want The Muppets soundtrack (never got it), I have such a burning desire to grab this one up. While there's no Man or Muppet epic song in the film, I have to say the songs in the film overall are consistent in their quality. No "Me Party" here. Just catchy, breezy, stick in your head tracks.

While I would get The Muppets for Man or Muppet and the Barbershop version of Smells like Teen Spirit (without the dialogue), this film's music overall is more intriguing than last time. Plus.. seriously... how great was "I can get you what you want?" I was still humming that out of the theater.... for 2 hours.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I thought it was great! It will take me a few times seeing the movie again and/or hearing the songs from the soundtrack to really remember them, but I liked what I heard in the movie. "The Big House" was one of my favorites, but they were really all good- I think the "Something So Right" was a great emotional number just like "Man or Muppet" from "The Muppets" was- both are great songs. (I also liked the "Me Party" song for that matter- but I pretty much love all of "The Muppets" soundtrack. "Muppets Most Wanted" sounds like a winner too. "We're Doing a Sequel" was a great opener too and I definitely loved hearing "Together Again" (Again) in the movie.:smile::embarrassed::concern::mad::wink::sympathy::fanatic:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
The exclusive tracks are awesome!! The Muppet Show Theme in german includes Constantine introducing the show so funny!! Wish they would have used it in the movie

FunnyBear

Reaction score
The exclusive tracks are awesome!! The Muppet Show Theme in german includes Constantine introducing the show so funny!! Wish they would have used it in the movie
Is that part of the International bonus tracks? Because the Los Muppet Theme doesn't have the Constantine intro.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I got the soundtrack a few days ago, and it's great.

After having seen the movie once and listening to the music, there's a few things I forgot that I got wrong at first. Like in "Something So Right", I thought Scooter's line was being sung by Janice. And one of Constantine's lines in "I'm Number 1" sounded to me like it was being sung by Dominic, until he got to a part that was clearly Constantine talking to Dominic.

Brett McKenzie's demo tracks are great. He is really good at impersonating the voices. His impression of Miss Piggy was so good, I had wondered at first if Eric Jacobson had actually sung on the demo track for Something So Right, though at times it is obvious the voice isn't Jacobson (or Oz).

I wonder if demo tracks were recorded for the other movies. It'd be cool to hear demo tracks from Paul Williams singing the Muppet Movie songs, or Jeff Moss singing the Muppets Take Manhattan songs.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
What's deleted from the film That is on the soundtrack.

We're doing a sequel:
"How hard can it be?" Rowlf: "We can't do any worse then the Godfather 3!"
Lew Zealand's "fish out of water movie" suggestion, Stalter and Waldorfs "How about you do movie where you don't make a movie and we all get to go home early?!?" And Rowlfs Lonely dog movie suggestion. The song Also has a nice music bridge.

The Muppet Show Theme – Los Muppets: Longer version of theme (watch MMW B-roll fottage) which would've included Sweetums, Thog and mutations walking across stage dressed up Just as the other Muppets are and Pepe has a nice solo.

Interrogation Song: Gonzo and Camilla have a section, The Swedish Chef has an interpreter: most likely a unlisted cameo. And Constantine (Believed as Kermit) and Miss Piggy
Both I Believe have one extra verse With the inspector and Sam.

Cockatoo in Malibu: Constantine has a second verse of things he can offer Miss Piggy. It is used during the end credits and Bret McKenzie's funny or die video Has video footage of the kangaroo, cockatoo etc.

That's all I can think of soundtrack wise. Of course Scooter's moves like Jagger and Miss Piggy Macarena song or longer too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Listening to the Brett McKenzie tracks, his impressions at times seem to suggest that certain lines were originally going to go to different characters. Like his rendition of "We're Doing a Sequel", it sounds like Sam was going to sing Bunsen's line about it being their seventh sequel (I keep thinking Walter should have sung that line).

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I'm on my third complete-disc play-through of the MMW soundtrack and enjoying it immensely. I'm glad I managed to avoid listening to any of it online or buying the soundtrack before I went to the movie because now I'm re-living the joy of hearing all this great music for the first time when I saw MMW last Saturday.

Wonderful idea to include the Bret McKenzie demos of four of the songs. It's a kick to hear him sing these - he sounds like he's having a blast, whether or not he's using Muppet voices. (It's both delightful and a little scary that his Miss Piggy is so close to the real thing.)

I know a few people are griping about "Moves Like Jagger" and "Macarena" being included in their full-length versions but I actually get a charge out of both of them. I love to hear Scooter, Pepe and the Penguins turn Maroon 5 on its ear, and I HATED that Bayside Boys Remix of "Macarena" (with the obnoxious female soloist) so it was a hoot to hear Piggy and the flamingos put it through the wringer.

It's somewhat relieving to find that no major plot points (a la Tex Richman backstory) were left out of the movie or the songs. That being said, part of me wishes Rowlf's bits were left in "We're Doing A Sequel" and that Pepe's part of the Spanish TMS theme had survived the cut. Glad to have them both on this album.

My only other quibble is that Piggy's version of "My Heart Will Go On," the convicts' attempt at "End of the Road" (which I personally found hilarious), and their "Please Let Me Get This Part" song didn't end up here. It might have padded out what was actually a surprisingly short soundtrack album (especially when compared to TM2011).

All in all, I'm delighted to have this disc (purchased less than three hours after Mrs. Otter and I left the theatre on Saturday) and I look forward to enjoying it for years to come. DANCE, MONKEY, DANCE!!!