1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: "Muppets Most Wanted" Theatrical Film

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Mar 20, 2014.

?

How would you rate Muppets Most Wanted?

1. 5 Stars - Perfect

84 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. 4 Stars - Great

67 vote(s)
    37.4%
  3. 3 Stars - Good

18 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. 2 Stars - Fair

7 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. 1 Star - Poor

3 vote(s)
    1.7%

1. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Yep! Worst Muppet Movies. Ever. Script way off, characters so OOC, etc. Agree?

Duke Remington likes this.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I'll never look at cheese the same way again. :p

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  3. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what Pops said in the movie I think I remember seeing him but I can't remember what he said ?

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure he said "Just direct the show already, you will never escape"

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  5. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Thanks I really wonder what he did to get himself thrown in the gulag

muppetlover123 likes this.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

MFS had some great moments, especially between Bobo and Tambor. MWOZ had like that Quentin Tarrantino cameo. That's it.

7. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Ok, didn't see this thread until now. Forgive me if some of this has already been stated.

I thought this movie was AWESOME! Was it the best? No, that's The Muppet Movie (in my opinion). Personally, I thought this movie was better than the last one. It was funnier, more entertaining, and most importantly, had more MUPPETS! People giving this a bad wrap are out of their minds. What? Jason Segel and Amy Adams aren't in it? It MUST be crap. :rolleyes:

Constantine was a great addition to the Muppet crew. He was so funny. I don't think I have laughed at a Muppet so much before. I thought the story lines of each Muppet were pretty good. I would have liked to see a bit more Gonzo. Maybe they could have added him to the trio of Walter, Fozzie, and Animal.

The songs were fantastic as well. SO much more fun than the last film. I've had Cockatoo in Malibu stuck in my head for three weeks now! We're Doing a Sequel had a cool 80s Muppet vibe to it. And the score was cool too. I loved the Russian Choir background singers, made it very ominous.

People complain that this isn't like the original Muppet movies. Well, here's a newsflash… it's not 1982 anymore. The Muppets have grown a bit more, and their jokes have become a bit more edgier… but not too much… (*cough* VMMX *cough*)

My favorite parts of the film were:
    • Rizzo and Robin's part
    • The part where Constantine tells Walter they will learn values along the way, and perhaps "the number 3" (That was great… a total slap in the face to all of those who think The Muppets are for babies)
    • "Thanks for not shooting me!"
    • The Together Again Finale
    To those of you who did not like this movie… I'm concerned that you accidentally saw Divergent instead of Muppets Most Wanted… ;)

8. Drtooth

Somehow, I wish that Jason did a funny viral video or something telling folks to go see it even though he wasn't in it. That's a missed opportunity.

I'd venture to say these last 2 came very close, but I really think the batch we've seen since MTM haven't had the charm either. That was never an issue for me. VMX was over the top in terms of trying to be edgy (and the pop culture references were very much Scary movie quality... 'cept that was when people actually liked Scary Movie).

Yeah, there's a handful the have nothing but negative or "eh it was alright" type things to say, but these extremely positive reviews make me very happy.

9. Pinkflower7783

Casey pretty much summed up my feelings about the film.

10. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

I thought the movie was awesome, I've actually seen it three times already and don't mind telling you that, :)

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  11. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO LIKES MFS?
    *NOTICES HER VOLUME*
    ehehehe.... sorry. That was the first one I ever saw...

LouisTheOtter and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  12. Pinkflower7783

I'm one of the few who like AVMMC so don't feel bad.

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  13. muppfozz

muppfozz Member

Saw the movie last Sunday. I really, really liked it. I had to go out of town to see it because I was told by our local theater manager that it probably would not come to our town . I am sorry this movie did not seem to do very well in a critic review. Guess it needed more violence and junk. It did have Constantine with a gun, which I did not like could have been a rubber duck or something. Foo-Foo looked different . The guy who took Frank Oz place does such a wonderful job with Miss Piggy. but I think Fozzie needs more work. His voice sounds funny sometimes. I still long for Paul Williams songs but this time the songs seemed to bring it to up to date times. I am so glad another Muppet movie was even made. I read the children's book version of the Muppets Most Wanted and it ended differently then the movie. I could just sit at the theater and see a Muppet Movie with just all the wonderful Muppets making a Muppet Show again with guest stars. Yea ! Where are the 4th and 5th seasons of the Muppet Show ??????????????? I saw the "In memory of " almost at the very end of the credits. I think it should have been at the beginning of the movie or beginning of the credits at least. They helped make the Muppets with their talents and thrown in at the end of this movie. Sad I thought. On a happier note----This movie made my day better thanks Disney and a BIG THANKS to the Muppets.

Duke Remington and LouisTheOtter like this.
  14. muppfozz

muppfozz Member

I loved the references back to all the other Muppet movies. When I got home after seeing the movie I tried to remember all the references to all the other movies but can't now. I thought for sure Miss Piggy was going to dive into the water and do a little swim thing. Question ---How come there are no computer or Nintendo games from this movie ? That would have been fun.

LouisTheOtter and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  15. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Just for the record, I had no particular desire to see Segel and Adams again and no, I have never and will never see Divergent, lol. And actually circa 1982 you were more likely to see edgy family films. TMM got in trouble for featuring smoking and drinking. MTM had jokes about shootings. MMW is part of the aftermath of the MPAA and parents groups neutering film. That's why instead of a con man named Plotsky, you now have one with the obnoxiously uncreative name of Badguy (yes I know they attempt to save the joke. It didnt work for me and it's still not edgy). It's OK to enjoy MMW but the absolute last thing I'd call this film is edgy. Either way, I just didn't like MMW beyond Kermit's scenes. What can you do? Lol

I have. Maybe that's the difference. ;)

CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  16. Pinkflower7783

That's pretty much how I felt about all the Muppet films before TM and MMW. None of them IMO were particularly funny which is why I ditched them for 12 years because they really weren't putting anything worth it. I hate to say that but IMO I would've rather had the Muppets just go away then to proceed with the crap they were putting out in the 1990's and early 2000's. Please don't bite off my head for giving an opinion but it was only thanks to the last film that I came fact as a fan.

Duke Remington and LouisTheOtter like this.
  17. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I get you. I was a lot happier with TM2011 than with MMW. TM2011 didn't make me laugh too much but it was sweet and I appreciated the love and care that went into it. Especially after the previous films as you say.

18. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I love this line so much. :laugh: Great thoughts on the film! You point out excellent points.

19. Drtooth

I really like it, actually.

Would've liked it more if the director didn't suck and ruin it.

20. PiggyConnection

PiggyConnection New Member

So I went to see the movie for the third time this weekend. I went to a different theater to see if more people were there or how different the crowd was. (previous two times there were 10 people --taking into account me and my friends, in a 150 seats theater). This time around I went to a "VIP" one and I was happy that there were 8 people in the 36 seats. So I guess percentage wise it was a much better turn out.

I still can't get over how funny it is for Constantine to mess up or make up names for the muppets ZONGO.

I am going to see it again this weekend (for the 4th time), but at El Capitan theater! I will be in LA for a conference and won't miss a chance to see Piggy and Kermit sing! Has anyone been to the El Capitan Muppets screenings? I have read there is an ice cream place next door with a Muppets inspired sundae. Any pointers or tips would be very much appreciated!

ETA: I forgot to mention, I made my friends watch MTM this past week and they FINALLY got that MMW is more in line with the classic Muppets humor (I am trying to get them to watch TMS now haha). I got one of them to see the movie again with me and he said he enjoyed it a lot more the second time around now that he wasn't expecting something like TM(2011). I think *that* is the biggest problem MMW has... audiences are expecting TM and not classic Muppets stuff. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED TM(2011) because honestly I felt Walter represented us huge fans and even tho it tried to play a lot with pulling at the audience's heart strings, it truly made for a warm revival Muppets movie. It was lovely. However, not classic muppets extreme sillyness and antics. I just feel audiences need to know that this is old school muppets. ok, sorry about that long write up... rant over.