Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Ruahnna

Reaction score
It has warmed the cockles of my heart (and here I thought it was just heartburn) to learn that ALL of the human costars--Tina, Ricky and Ty were huge muppet fans. That made seeing them perform with my favorite felts a lot more enjoyable.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well there was a lot of emotion in MCC not just for the story, but for the fact that it was the first movie after Jim and Richard had passed. MTI no so much I think they went more on the silly side with that one and rightfully so. MFS has the emotion towards the end, I mean to think Gonzo was going to leave earth, and when he says his goodbyes to his friends is very touching.
Now AVMMXM is a really emotionally driven story, and I know people will hate me when I say that. It brings a lot of depth and feeling back to Kermit's relationships with Fozzie Gonzo, and most importantly Piggy. Once he saw what there lives would have been like if he had never been born, he understood how much they needed him, and he needed them.
Now in The Muppets the story is very much the same of AVMMXM, with the exception of Fozzie being in a bad place. All of the other Muppets where OK with where they where especially Piggy. They really didn't need to leave where they where to be better off with Kermit. The emotion is there however because Kermit realizes (Like in AVMMXM) that he needs Piggy and the other Muppets.
In MMW it's different because Kermit feels his friends had forgot about him, and did not need him anymore. He felt abandon and alone, which might have been how the Muppets had felt in TM. After Constantine asks Piggy to marry him, the Muppets are starting to see that things are not right. The song they sing with Cline Dion is how it feels right, but it also feels wrong at the same time. It is a very emotional song, because every Muppet fan knows that all Piggy has ever wanted since TMS is for her and Kermit to be married. In her heart she knew that something was wrong, but it was also something she had wanted for ages so it had to be right. Deep down she knew that Kermit wanted to be married, but he would have never proposed to her on stage, or cancel the world tour to get married. Piggy knows her frog, but like everyone else she got caught up in being given everything she wanted
Wow Sorry about all that I don't know where that came from.......

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In MMW it's different because Kermit feels his friends had forgot about him, and did not need him anymore. He felt abandon and alone, which might have been how the Muppets had felt in TM.
I agree. Only part of the film that gave me hope, lol.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Howd this turn into Kermit and Piggy's wedding again? Lol

I'm sorry, but after watching MTM so much I am a firm believer in the Kermit and Piggy relationship. I also believe that one day they will be married for real, it will just have to be the right timing.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
AVMMC was actually one of my favorites. Although it was a television movie, it was done with great affection and intent by the studio, which intended to relaunch the franchise in style. You are right, Dwayne1115, that TM as sort of the flip side of AVMMC. In the first, Kermit realizes how much the muppets need HIM, and then he realizes he needs them. In TM, Kermit realizes that HE needs the muppets, and is staggered and humbled to realize that THEY need HIM, too.

In both of those, central to Kermit's leadership and happiness is recognizing Piggy's rightful place as the love of his life. Kermit is not Kermit without Miss Piggy's yin to his yang. Ironically (and IRRITATINGLY), BOTH of the newest muppet movie books have him actually confessing that love for her without any backtracking. We didn't get to see the actual confession on screen--just the effects of it.

I have joked about it quite a bit here, but there seems to be some sort of insidious assumption that Kermit admitting he cares about Piggy--loves her, wants her, wants to be with her--is somehow detrimental to him. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Kermit's happiness and his undisputed (well, mostly) place as leader of the muppets is wrapped up in him acknowledging his place in the great scheme of things, and that includes loving and being loved by Miss Piggy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but after watching MTM so much I am a firm believer in the Kermit and Piggy relationship. I also believe that one day they will be married for real, it will just have to be the right timing.
Good news, they already were. :wink:

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
A few quick thoughts on things people have brought up on this thread, and other random ramblings:

* When you have an "evil doppleganger" plotline and the villain is as transparent as Constantine (who telegraphed this in the trailers and promo appearances and then took it to ridiculous proportions in the actual movie), a certain suspension of disbelief is required for the audience to buy into it. I don't think the other Muppet characters were dumbed down to make that plotline flow and I actually like the concept that the chance for complete artistic freedom could actually supplant their concerns about whether that's "the real Kermit." As Dwayne1115 points out, that's addressed (to a degree) in the "Something So Right" sequence.

* At the risk of starting an argument anew, to me, Fozzie has not seemed "right" nearly as often as he did in this movie. While I agree that it was somewhat mean-spirited for Stoller to apply a word like "stupid" to him, the truth is that Fozzie has never been the sharpest knife in the drawer - his character strengths are loyalty (especially to Kermit), enthusiasm and the concept that no gag is too lame to warrant less than his full investment as a performer. From where I sat, he was barely there in MFS (although I personally find the "always wash your hands" joke kind of funny), rebounded significantly in VMX, and came close in TM2011 (although the delivery of the line "We had a good run" creeped me out and probably always will). I have rarely been happier with the presence and role of Fozzie Bear in any modern Muppet production as I am with MMW.

* Did anyone else notice that this is the second consecutive Muppet movie in which Kermit is seen on a toilet? (Did anyone else NOT actually have a problem with this? Surprisingly, I didn't.)

* I'm still torn on the lengthy "Muppet Fireworks" ending sequence. Mrs. Otter and I thought the images were pretty cool, and it's nice to see the main contributors get their due (especially the Muppet performers, particularly Bill Baretta as a co-producer), and I know that this is a trend with modern "family" movies, but I thought it was a little drawn out and ate up time that could have been given to live-action Muppet scenes.

* Speaking of the end credits - why couldn't the Muppets have been there through the whole thing instead of just the first couple of minutes? How complicated would that have been? I mean, if Daffy Duck can repeatedly show up during the end credits to Gremlins 2 ("Still lurking about? Don't you people have homes?"), I can't see why they couldn't have had the same kind of fun with MMW.