1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: "Muppets Most Wanted" Theatrical Film

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Mar 20, 2014.

?

How would you rate Muppets Most Wanted?

1. 5 Stars - Perfect

84 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. 4 Stars - Great

67 vote(s)
    37.4%
  3. 3 Stars - Good

18 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. 2 Stars - Fair

7 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. 1 Star - Poor

3 vote(s)
    1.7%

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Dublin.

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, and to be fair, the writers gave Constantine all the good lines in the duo. Ricky was good as the ever suffering sidekick, but even his brand of sincere sliminess just doesn't compare with a character like Constantine stealing the scene in every scene he was in. Stole the whole movie for me.

The movie was pretty ambitious and had a too many things going at once, but I feel overall it wasn't as disjointed and rushed as The Muppets was. Some things did feel a little whittled down, but nothing as egregious as chopping off plot points or running the story's ending past the credits. I like how when they had The Muppet Show in MMW you just got a taste of the skits. Don't get me wrong, I loved Cluck You and Smells like Teen Spirit, but they pretty much stop the flow of the story dead cold right there. There are sequences I feel should have had more too them and more main Muppet characters in it, but that I can overlook. Where as The Muppets had like a good 2 or 3 movie's worth of material squeezed into 90 minutes. You totally could have taken all the footage shot and made a 3 hour epic out of it.

muppetlover123 and jvcarroll like this.
  3. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

I've just been wondering something:
    Since Constantine has his name on his cell, do the other inmates Blind Pew, One-Eyed Jack, Carl, Spotted Dick, Calico, Miss Poogy, Blue Frackle, JG, Green Frackle, Walleye Pike, and Black Dog have names on their cells with their pictures and their cell numbers? I would of have included Angel Marie, but since he's the chef for the gulag, that would make no sense if the gulag's only chef was locked up all the time.

4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

No. Because Constantine is in a higher security cell than the rest. He's an international thief; they're all smaller criminals.

5. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

This was lovely and took a lot of effort. It was obvious that they love some of the same things, and that he valued what she valued. Best wishes for many happy, muppety years together!

sesamemuppetfan and Eyeball like this.
  6. Mad Monty fan

I just thought of this, and i'm sure you'll notice this too, but Constantine is like the Dr. Evil of the Muppets.

7. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

That was one epic proposal!

8. Mad Monty fan

If i'm not mistaken, wasn't Uncle Deadly's line during the wedding scene something like would you please stop talking to me or something or other like that?

9. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

My DVD arrived today :)
    The only let down was the Bonus Features.. Just a Mickey mouse cartoon :-(

[​IMG]

10. ConstantineFan

ConstantineFan New Member

got my DVD copy from Disney Movie Club today, the downside is that it didn't come with the extended version with the Deleted Scenes.

11. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Those are only on the bluray.

12. ConstantineFan

oh, because when I preordered it, the DMC rep didn't ask me if I wanted the DVD copy or the Blu-ray copy.

13. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Active Member

The Unnecessarily Extended Edition WAS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!! It added A LOT to the plot, and also pretty crucial pieces of character development for Miss Piggy and Constantine were left out of the theater cut. I doubt I'll watch the theater version again...the extended cut was absolutely worth it!

LOVE this movie even more now. I also talked a family into buying a copy at the store when I was purchasing mine!

14. Pinkflower7783

Well did you tell her you were ordering the DVD? If so then there was no need for her to ask you if you wanted the bluray. Maybe you could call and exchange it? But the extended version is only on the bluray.

15. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the thing these days. Whenever a DVD and BluRay is released, all the awesome bonus features are put on the BluRay just to make people buy that instead of the DVD. On another note, which cartoon did they include?

16. Pinkflower7783

It's the Mickey Mouse cartoon that was shown in the theaters called "Get a horse."

LouisTheOtter likes this.
  17. ConstantineFan

Get a Horse was the Mickey Mouse cartoon that was attached to Frozen though. Party Central, The Monsters University cartoon, was attached to Muppets Most Wanted.

18. Pinkflower7783

Oh yeah that's right...sorry my brain is mush!

19. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

After watching MMW again for the first time in four months, I still give it a solid 9/10, but the reason I didn't give it 10/10 was because of character proportions. It was all over the place, I mean it was crazy. Miss Piggy had a pretty secondary role. We hardly saw much of her compared to TM'11. Fozzie had MFS syndrome where he does next to nothing until near the climax, and then he turns into a main character. Gonzo did next to nothing, which is the biggest problem of the film. Nevertheless, I don't mind that, because the film itself is perfection, Fozzie still had a main role towards the end, Miss Piggy doesn't always need a giant role, and I was too busy enjoying the film to care too much about this. Though the Gonzo problem still is the only thing that bothered me.

20. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

If you want more Gonzo and the full versions of We're Doing a Sequel and Cockatoo in Malibu, get the Blu-ray. Just saying.

Pinkflower7783 likes this.