Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Well, I've finally caught up with the rest of you and seen the movie and there's only one thing I can say about it.

I didn't like it...........I FREAKIN' LOVED IT!!!!!

Forgive me, but I'm about to go on a Kermit rant and there's nothing to be done about holding it back. I'll get to the rest of the movie in another post.

Steve Whitmire. Wow. Just Wow. Before, I considered Steve to be awesome, but now he is officially my froggin' hero. Seriously, I've never seen a performance like that before!

The body language, the facial expressions, the articulation, that VOICE, the gesture and that wonderful, wonderful man beneath the camera. Simply perfection. And all of it accomplished with only two arms and two hands. How Steve hasn't even been considered for an Oscar is beyond me. There are actors who can't even pull off half that sort of talent using their entire bodies. Why isn't credit been given where its due?

From Kermit's side of it, I haven't seen him so three-dimensional since MTM. Not to say that he wasn't brilliant in the other films! This film brought so much emotion out of him that no other production could. TM came very close, but Walter was in the way and before that it was Gonzo and Rizzo with the 90's trilogy. I love those guys, but let's face it; the spotlight shines brightest when it's on the Frog and only the Frog can step up and completely blow us out of the water.

It really pleased me when the Muppets slowly came to realise just how pivotal Kermie is to the success of the gang as a theatre troupe and as a family. Sometimes, you just casually take someone for granted and once they've gone, POOF! What do you do now?

And then on the other end of it you have someone who truly loves those around him and gets a shock when nobody even realises something's wrong. Should you be angry? Of course you should be! Disappointed? Annoyed? Yes, definitely! But then do you go back to them?

Of course you do! Why? Cause you're a loyal, insane schmuck and you're proud of it!

Speaking of proud, I'm swelling with pride over Kermit in the gulag. Only he could take over a troupe of prisoners like a boss with only his voice to aid him. This goes back to Steve cause I've never heard Kermit sound so powerful since Henson era productions. That moment Kermit snaps out at the prisoners, influenced by his pent up anger stored from the Berlin incident was pure gold! That nauseously sweet Kermit has gone and I don't want him back!

This is the Kermit I want; kind, wise and tolerant with a croak that could knock you off your feet!

You know what the most satisfying moment was? Kermit slapping Constantine. Not a flimsy Kermit 'I -hate-violence' tap on the cheek, but a full on 'now who's the idiot?' slap.

Again, like a boss!

Honestly, I could go on forever about Kermit, but I'll leave it there for now.

Bravo Bobin, bravo Stoller, but mostly bravo Steve- you freakin' legend!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You know JimandFrank your so right in what your saying about Kermit, in this movie. He was really able to show so many different emotions in this movie which honestly is not something we have seen in quite some time. Piggy as well was also showing a lot of different emotions. I don't think I have heard anyone say they thought that she was "Flanderized" or poorly written for. Now if we could just get Fozzie well balanced we would be doing awesomely.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
Again, gotta say I LOVED it...probably because it was very Piggy-centric. My favorite is still The Great Muppet Caper...by a mile...but this MIGHT be second. Nah,...third...because Never Before, Never Again was in The Muppet Movie, so that gets #2 spot. :smile:
Can't WAIT for the potential TV Show...hoping for something very Larry Sanders or Curb Your Enthusiasm. (I would say 30 Rock, but that was just The Muppet Show with humans.)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has seen the interiews that The Muppet Mindset and ToughPigs did but Steve even said that while TMM is his favorite this one is running a close second . It seems most of the Muppeteers have given nothing but praise for this film as opposed to the last one. It's interesting how during the last film the reviews were good it seemed like the Muppeteers weren't totally sold on it and now it seems it's reversed.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
That's excellent news. I would like to think that, whatever happens at the box office, the Muppet performers and creative team would look back on the MMW experience with pride and excitement. I've already said that I consider this to be the best overall performance of the modern Muppet cast and I hope it gives them the energy and enthusiasm to pursue future projects with gusto.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I read an interesting explanation of why that might be so. The muppeteers all were on call from the moment this movie began. No intro, no plot set-up-just straight to the musical number and everybody gets a line! This is a cast and crew who LIKE each other, so this was a treat, I am sure. Also, come what may there would be less uncertainty about the movie's success whether it was as good or not. Also, more group numbers.

Here is MY unrelated comment about this movie. I had avoided all of the publicity beforehand. To be very frank (as opposed to Jim, I suppose), the interviews for this movie have made me very happy. Regardless of how they play it, and they play it every way they can think of, Kermit and Miss Piggy are very funny and in sync. You already know how I feel about the characters, but that's not really what I'm talking about here. Steve and Eric have there patter down, down and down pat. Whatever they're saying, they're entertaining.

THAT alone is worth any amount of grumbles.

Ru

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I read an interesting explanation of why that might be so. The muppeteers all were on call from the moment this movie began. No intro, no plot set-up-just straight to the musical number and everybody gets a line! This is a cast and crew who LIKE each other, so this was a treat, I am sure. Also, come what may there would be less uncertainty about the movie's success whether it was as good or not. Also, more group numbers.

Here is MY unrelated comment about this movie. I had avoided all of the publicity beforehand. To be very frank (as opposed to Jim, I suppose), the interviews for this movie have made me very happy. Regardless of how they play it, and they play it every way they can think of, Kermit and Miss Piggy are very funny and in sync. You already know how I feel about the characters, but that's not really what I'm talking about here. Steve and Eric have there patter down, down and down pat. Whatever they're saying, they're entertaining.

THAT alone is worth any amount of grumbles.

Ru
And I still have way more material to send you. They've also been kissing it up a lot too. :big_grin:

gdmagic

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been a 'lerker' on these forums for many years and have posted a few little things here and there, but I've just returned form watching Mupets Most Wanted and feel like I want to make a quick post.
I'm from the Uk and have been a life long muppet fan! I LOVED this film! It was just so perfect for me and I enjoyed it a lot more than The Muppets! I went with the same group of friends tonight that I did when I first saw The Muppets in the cinema. Now, last time I took them to their first Muppet movie, none of them enjoyed it! They're 6 of them plus myself. With this film however, they ALL loved it! They found it much more fast paced and quite a lot more funnier! I have to agree!I found myself laughing a **** of a lot and I just loved Constanteine and his evil ways!!
So, I'm planning to go see it again....again! :wink: