1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Your Thoughts: "Muppets Most Wanted" Theatrical Film

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Mar 20, 2014.

?

How would you rate Muppets Most Wanted?

1. 5 Stars - Perfect

84 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. 4 Stars - Great

67 vote(s)
    37.4%
  3. 3 Stars - Good

18 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. 2 Stars - Fair

7 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. 1 Star - Poor

3 vote(s)
    1.7%

1. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I'll let you know; I'm hopefully going for the 2nd time later today. :D

dwayne1115 likes this.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

BTW: Has anyone other than me sent in photos of their stubs to the Muppet Mindset's prize raffle?

3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well it's not that I noticed anything different, but the songs seemed better the second time around to me. When I first heard the songs they did not feel quite right to me, but after the second time I loved almost all of them.

4. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I did! I'm not too sure he got my email, though.

5. dwayne1115

6. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

7. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I have now gone 3 times, (last night was my third time), but I'm not so sure if I noticed anything super new.

I mean my first viewing I picked up on The Flying Zucchini Brothers, I got all the Muppet Treasure Island Muppets, Mildred, Thog, Big Mean Carl, Doc stuck on The Wall...

The second time I more focused on the cameos, sure, several of them were very blatant (y'know, hard to miss), but, I only picked up on what Diddy said to Pepe about the dice that time (and I was excited for the Diddy cameo since the beginning because I'm a huge fan of hip-hop and Diddy is a wonderful producer)

And I kept paying close attention to Kermit and Piggy's fantasy in 'Something So Right' (more because it melted me <3) and well, I'm convinced the little green piggy is a girl and that the little pink frog is a boy and I have accepted the head-canon that the babies are named Daphne and Archibald (Kermit said he'd like those names for children in an interview, if I can find I link to it, I'll try and link)

Also, I want to kind of give my thoughts on some things now that I've gone three times.

I know everyone keeps saying that it's so wrong that no one noticed Kermit was missing except Animal, Walter and Fozzie, but at the end when everyone is apologizing that comes out; they convinced themselves that Constantine was Kermit because he was giving into their wishes. Plus, they all kind of have big heads about them because it's their comeback while Kermit is being more realistic and knows that they're not who they used to be and the thing is, they didn't want to hear that but eventually come to realize that they were in the wrong.

Another thing I feel must be addressed is why Piggy didn't just bust out of her ropes when Constantine was pulling her away. I mean, we all know she has some crazy pig strength but, I feel I have a pretty accurate theory that explains that.

Piggy is dressed in a Vivienne Westwood original, Miss Piggy appreciates high fashion and well, knowing anyone who would take 'fashion over comfort' she choses not to bust out of the ropes if only to salvage her gloves that go with the dress and are therefore, part of the outfit. Sure, maybe her 'wedding' has been ruined but she most definitely spent top dollar on the gown and it's accessories and probably can't get her money back, so, she's not about to ruin something she paid for.

8. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Well-Known Member

I hope that it has better-than-normal numbers for the upcoming week days. A lot of kids are out of school on Spring Break, and parents might be searching for fun things to do with them…

dwayne1115 likes this.
  9. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I saw him there too. It's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it kind of thing. I wish people would believe me...

10. The Count

Wait... The figs during the dream sequence are a green girl frog and a pink boy pig? I thought it was the other way around, at least it makes more sense to me if they're going to be called "figs" or "pogs" to be a green boy pig and a pink girl frog. :confused:

dwayne1115 likes this.
  11. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

The only product placement shot I remember was a Subway wrapper.

KingR76 likes this.
  12. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had that debate with my bestie the second time I watched the movie and then last night, I paid more attention and the little green piggy baby has eye lashes like her mother and little blonde curls, the little pink froggy baby is basically pink Kermit.

And I think that's cute though, besides, pink can be manly :)

The Count likes this.
  13. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

When Kermit and co. got to the wedding, was the guy handing out flowers ("next time make sure you wear your uniform") the guy from that Disney channel beach movie? Because I swear, when he showed up on screen I heard like every little girl in the audience making excited and swooning noises haha.

14. dwayne1115

Well kind of, he is from the Disney Chanel's Austen and Allie TV show.

15. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Maybe I have to watch the movie again but I just didn't like the figs it creeped me out for some reason.

16. The Count

Oh... So it's a pink boy frog and a green female pig. Okay, that makes more sense. Originally I thought it was a green boy pig and pink girl frog which made me think "Slithy Tove' and 'Pink froggy princess from SST News Flash'. Then after your first post, I thought wait, green girl frog and pink boy frog? That wouldn't make them stand outas hybrids as 'figs' or 'pogs', they'd be normal-looking baby animals. But now you say it's a pink boy frog and green girl pig, that clears up my confusion. Thanks.

DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  17. goldenstate5

goldenstate5 Active Member

Good point, and I pray that Disney doesn't act like jerks and instead keeps the advertising flowing at least the rest of the week.

I may see this over the week again, maybe even today. Anything to help the cause.

Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  18. Devo

Devo New Member

Excellent film! I felt it was a redoing of The Great Muppet Caper, and I mean that in a good way!

LouisTheOtter and dwayne1115 like this.
  19. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

Haha gotcha. I knew he had to be some sort of "Disney Channel heartthrob" :-P

20. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Right, I'm not gonna read any other comments on this until I've written my thought. I've just got back from a preview screening in the UK and I have to say...

I bloody loved it!!! Really, REALLY loved it!! It's inevitable that when I've watched it for the 5000th time, I will begin to nitpick, but at this point I couldn't be happier. With "The Muppets" Disney brought us a nostalgic movie that tried to reintroduce the Muppets. With this one, they have brought back the zaniness and sheer absurdity that I have missed in the Muppets. Seriously folks, this is one happy fan!!!

If this doesn't do bigger business than "The Muppets" it would be criminal!!