Your Thoughts: Muppets on America's Funniest Videos

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the Muppets will be co-hosting America's Funniest Home Videos tonight on ABC.

Check out the appearance and post your thoughts afterwards.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Just finished watching the show. Pretty funny videos as usual for AFHV. I enjoyed a lot of the animal ones, like the giraffe, camel, and the little girl stashing away all those frogs where the sun doesn't shine!
The use of the muppets throughout was enjoyable. I always especially get a kick out of Statler and Waldorf. I saw the last line coming though : "This is my favorite part of the show." "The celebration?" "No, the end." "Oh ho ho ho ho." Nice to see a clip of the upcoming Muppets in Oz movie too, which I'm looking forward to. And the segment with Tom Bergeron and Animal was pretty funny.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That was good I liked it. I was really surprised Pepe wasn't in it though. Always good to see a couple penguins, and Piggy hog the floor again. (no pun intended)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just knew a thread like this would pop up.

Let's see, what did I like? Pretty much everything. At least, the Muppet-related stuff. Stopped watching AFV or AFHV or however it's made into an acronym, thought it wasn't that great a show even when I still had sight.
But I digress...

Muppets Stuff:
1 Fozzie's voice was perfect. The humbled, almost empathetic way he says: "America's Funniest Home Videos will be right back after these messages. I hope."
2 The clip was great except until the end. The nipple joke was unnecessary in my view.
3 At least now we know that Gonzo needs the heart to get Camilla back, an important plot twist.
4 Kermit saying this was better than the time he tried portraying the Kerminator.
5 Animal's bit was the best to me. Animal? Roll Clip! Roll Clip! Roll Clip!
6 The stuff with Piggy was also great and funniest of all. The home video of the gang surprising Piggy was another moment of shine for the gang.
Fozzie, why are you cleaning with that mop?
I want to clean up my act!

7 Piggy finally delivering the karate chop to Bergerac. You wouldn't know funny video if it karate-chopped you in the gut!
8 The penguins were a nice touch.
9 How come they showed so many video clips with dogs and yet Rowlf wasn't on stage with the rest of the Muppets?
10 Liked the part where Gonzo crashed into the wall after practicing for the long jump.
And of course, Statler and Waldorf's comments. The one I find funniest of all and truest of all for that show...
Statler: So many people on this show are in pain.
Waldorf: And most of them are in the audience.

All in all, a great showing of Muppety talents.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I only got to see the last half of the show (darn it!), but I liked what I saw:

-Gonzo running into the camera at full-tilt whilst preparing to do the long jump...at least he was wearing a helmet.

-The clip of MWoO. Believe it or not, Gonzo's line about Pepe and his nipples actually made me snort out loud with laughter. I am so looking forward to this movie.

-Eric's doing a good job with his new-old characters. His Piggy was good, and it appears that he's settling in nicely with Fozzie now.

-Piggy's funny home video - "I'm cleaning up my act." The ouch-inducing puns are still around, folks! And did Kermit actually say "I love you" (or something to that affect) to Piggy just as they were opening the door to her apartment? Looks like things between them may have changed since IAVMMC!

-And finally, Tom should know better than to make Miss Piggy angry...especially when he's hosting a show that's (in)famous for people taking shots to their nether regions.

-Kim

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Als I know is this... I'm using the Statler and Waldorf joke where I can like in the MC movie thread. And now I gots me a movie quote for a future sig, when all the quote siglines start pouring in.

Pepe: Si, and in a perfect world he gives me lots of moneys.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it look like Piggy's getting a second chin?

Erine81981

Reaction score
If anyone recorded the whole thing could I get a copy? I got the last 30 minutes because since I didn't know it was coming on at 6. I thought it was coming on at 7 and I was at work and didn't get home until after 6. It made me mad. I loved how Kermit looked when he was in his suit. It looked just like he would when Jim would come on other shows or night shows with Kermit all suited up. I loved it. Loved Animal and others too. Good to see Fozzie, Piggy, Kermit, Gonzo, Statler and Waldorf too. Can't wait for the Speical MWOO!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!! :excited: :excited:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
venting, and a compliment

This is so frustrating. I went to my grandma's for mother's day but recorded AFV. I get home, I start watching, and before I know it, its ten o'clock and my dad's kicking my off the tv so he can watch the news. He sends me to the other tv-with-a-VCR-hooked up to it in the basement.
Here's the problem: there's two VCRs in the basement. One works, and the other one is hooked up to the tv. so I can't finish watching it! oy!
ok I'm done venting. I like what I've seen so far, which is everything up to fozzies "we'll be back after this... I hope"
I got so EXCITED at every single muppet I saw so far it's insane. I started bouncing- "eeeeeeeeeeeek! Kermit! <gasp> PIGGY! oh, A-NI-MAL! eeeeeeee statler and waldorf! Gonzo! daddy daddy daddy it's Gonzo!" so just seeing them got me pretty happy. I loved the dialogue between kermit and... uh, the host, whats-his-name. I'd sorta like to see them all interacting though, instead of just one at a time with the host. Or do they do that at some point? Like I said I haven't seen all of it. But I love it so far.
<rereads thread>
So I understand I'll be seeing penguins? oh happy!
I can't wait to finish watching it tomorrow!

oh, and the home videos so far have been pretty good, too.....

Dilbertos2

Reaction score
abc is a bunch of jerks

i just found out that the muppets were on afv may 8th. I checked the abc website for the muppets and afv on friday and saturday night and both times it said that the muppets were to be on friday may 13th. now i checked about ten mins ago and it said they are on sunday may 8th. how can abc does this. They lied and that's so unfair. They are such jerks. Abc should be punished for what they did. they put the wrong info on their website. That's wrong