1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Muppets on America's Funniest Videos

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, May 8, 2005.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Just a reminder that the Muppets will be co-hosting America's Funniest Home Videos tonight on ABC.

Check out the appearance and post your thoughts afterwards.
  2. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Just finished watching the show. Pretty funny videos as usual for AFHV. I enjoyed a lot of the animal ones, like the giraffe, camel, and the little girl stashing away all those frogs where the sun doesn't shine!
    The use of the muppets throughout was enjoyable. I always especially get a kick out of Statler and Waldorf. I saw the last line coming though : "This is my favorite part of the show." "The celebration?" "No, the end." "Oh ho ho ho ho." Nice to see a clip of the upcoming Muppets in Oz movie too, which I'm looking forward to. And the segment with Tom Bergeron and Animal was pretty funny.
  3. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That was good I liked it. I was really surprised Pepe wasn't in it though. Always good to see a couple penguins, and Piggy hog the floor again. (no pun intended)
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Just knew a thread like this would pop up.

Let's see, what did I like? Pretty much everything. At least, the Muppet-related stuff. Stopped watching AFV or AFHV or however it's made into an acronym, thought it wasn't that great a show even when I still had sight.
    But I digress...

Muppets Stuff:
    1 Fozzie's voice was perfect. The humbled, almost empathetic way he says: "America's Funniest Home Videos will be right back after these messages. I hope."
    2 The clip was great except until the end. The nipple joke was unnecessary in my view.
    3 At least now we know that Gonzo needs the heart to get Camilla back, an important plot twist.
    4 Kermit saying this was better than the time he tried portraying the Kerminator.
    5 Animal's bit was the best to me. Animal? Roll Clip! Roll Clip! Roll Clip!
    6 The stuff with Piggy was also great and funniest of all. The home video of the gang surprising Piggy was another moment of shine for the gang.
    Fozzie, why are you cleaning with that mop?
    I want to clean up my act!

7 Piggy finally delivering the karate chop to Bergerac. You wouldn't know funny video if it karate-chopped you in the gut!
    8 The penguins were a nice touch.
    9 How come they showed so many video clips with dogs and yet Rowlf wasn't on stage with the rest of the Muppets?
    10 Liked the part where Gonzo crashed into the wall after practicing for the long jump.
    And of course, Statler and Waldorf's comments. The one I find funniest of all and truest of all for that show...
    Statler: So many people on this show are in pain.
    Waldorf: And most of them are in the audience.

All in all, a great showing of Muppety talents.
  5. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

I only got to see the last half of the show (darn it!), but I liked what I saw:

-Gonzo running into the camera at full-tilt whilst preparing to do the long jump...at least he was wearing a helmet.

-The clip of MWoO. Believe it or not, Gonzo's line about Pepe and his nipples actually made me snort out loud with laughter. I am so looking forward to this movie.

-Eric's doing a good job with his new-old characters. His Piggy was good, and it appears that he's settling in nicely with Fozzie now.

-Piggy's funny home video - "I'm cleaning up my act." The ouch-inducing puns are still around, folks! And did Kermit actually say "I love you" (or something to that affect) to Piggy just as they were opening the door to her apartment? Looks like things between them may have changed since IAVMMC!

-And finally, Tom should know better than to make Miss Piggy angry...especially when he's hosting a show that's (in)famous for people taking shots to their nether regions.

-Kim
  6. The Count

Als I know is this... I'm using the Statler and Waldorf joke where I can like in the MC movie thread. And now I gots me a movie quote for a future sig, when all the quote siglines start pouring in.

Pepe: Si, and in a perfect world he gives me lots of moneys.
  7. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Is it just me, or does it look like Piggy's getting a second chin?
  8. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

If anyone recorded the whole thing could I get a copy? I got the last 30 minutes because since I didn't know it was coming on at 6. I thought it was coming on at 7 and I was at work and didn't get home until after 6. It made me mad. I loved how Kermit looked when he was in his suit. It looked just like he would when Jim would come on other shows or night shows with Kermit all suited up. I loved it. Loved Animal and others too. Good to see Fozzie, Piggy, Kermit, Gonzo, Statler and Waldorf too. Can't wait for the Speical MWOO!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!! :excited: :excited:
  9. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

venting, and a compliment

This is so frustrating. I went to my grandma's for mother's day but recorded AFV. I get home, I start watching, and before I know it, its ten o'clock and my dad's kicking my off the tv so he can watch the news. He sends me to the other tv-with-a-VCR-hooked up to it in the basement.
    Here's the problem: there's two VCRs in the basement. One works, and the other one is hooked up to the tv. so I can't finish watching it! oy!
    ok I'm done venting. I like what I've seen so far, which is everything up to fozzies "we'll be back after this... I hope"
    I got so EXCITED at every single muppet I saw so far it's insane. I started bouncing- "eeeeeeeeeeeek! Kermit! <gasp> PIGGY! oh, A-NI-MAL! eeeeeeee statler and waldorf! Gonzo! daddy daddy daddy it's Gonzo!" so just seeing them got me pretty happy. I loved the dialogue between kermit and... uh, the host, whats-his-name. I'd sorta like to see them all interacting though, instead of just one at a time with the host. Or do they do that at some point? Like I said I haven't seen all of it. But I love it so far.
    <rereads thread>
    So I understand I'll be seeing penguins? oh happy!
    I can't wait to finish watching it tomorrow!

oh, and the home videos so far have been pretty good, too.....
  10. Dilbertos2

Dilbertos2 New Member

abc is a bunch of jerks

i just found out that the muppets were on afv may 8th. I checked the abc website for the muppets and afv on friday and saturday night and both times it said that the muppets were to be on friday may 13th. now i checked about ten mins ago and it said they are on sunday may 8th. how can abc does this. They lied and that's so unfair. They are such jerks. Abc should be punished for what they did. they put the wrong info on their website. That's wrong
  11. Lynnette

Lynnette Member

Miss you much!

I just don't realize how much I miss seeing these Muppets regularly until I see them interacting with each other (and other people). It's simply uplifting! They did such a great job.

Animal's expressions are just super. The best was when he responded, "Animal. Animals. Animals?", three completely different ways. I specifically loved how he went from looking down as he said his name and then looked up and his eyes got wider for the last time he asked, "Animals?". So very expressive for a piece of foam, a hand, and a limited vocabulary! Then, "Roll clip! Roll clip!" :halo:

I didn't even know the Muppets were going to be on the show. It's been years since I watched funniest home videos (not so funny - but that's a completely different topic...). Overall, I'm glad I happened to change the channel since nothing else was on either.

It's interesting to see all of the ways Disney are carefully and consciously putting the Muppets into the hearts and minds of those who are not as likely to be on a Muppet forum talking about a TV appearance. Great marketing - and not just on Disney-owned ABC (like the SNL appearances on NBC). Disney is going to make sure they get a lot of money from their investment and the Muppet Holding Co. They know what a precious commodity they now have. And we get the benefits of seeing more of those Muppets we love so much! Win-win! And think of all of the new merchandise that we will now find more easily than on secondary markets! ;)

-Lynnette
  12. Stulz

Stulz Member

All the Muppet news sites: MuppetCentral, ToughPigs, GelflingWaldo.. all had it down for the 8th.

A few people on this forum even mentioned that there were new Oz promos and ads for the Muppets on AFV during ABC's broadcast of Harry Potter Saturday night.

Did ABC have the wrong info up, I guess (I never looked).

In the future, don't even bother with the network's sites. - Even if you do always check around the fan sites. Most of the time the major news outlets aren't running banner headlines about upcoming Muppet appearenecs.

Leave it to the fans to know when everything is on and trust that there are Muppet scouts out ther that will post when something new is comming up.
  13. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Yeah I liked the "Oz" clip. I was a bit surprised to hear Gonzo say the word 'Nipple.' By the way, Pepe was in it. He had a voice-over in the clip of Piggy's birthday party and he was shown in the clip of the movie.

As for the pupateering. I agree that Eric was really good with Piggy and Fozzie. Animal didn't sound quite right though. I wonder if that was Eric performing him or another guy.
  14. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Remember that as a tribute to Henson, Rowlf isn't allowed to be used much and when he is, he's silent.

Still, I see what you mean. Rowlf did get some airtime in the Weezer videos, so he could have been used here.
  15. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Here are some questians, since I did not see it:

Did I hear someone say that TinThing needs a heart back to get Camilla back?

Can someone trascript the whole WoO clip?
  16. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Darn it, I missed it. I don't know how that happened. Maybe someday they'll repeat it, for the good of crazed finals-takers like me who don't even know the difference between a funny home video and a honey foam video at this point.

:)
  17. The Count

A few things...

1 Daffyfan, what we meant is that Pepe didn't appear in one of the Muppet inserts with Tom Berjerac though Pepe did show up in the Muppet clips.
    2 Bo, don't have time now, but I'll help you out as soon as I can get back and have some time to post the dialogue.
    3 Rully a shame that Rowlf can't get that much airtime anymore, though he did say "hi" to Kermit when the frog came back from the alternate reality in VMMCM.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well... as much as I was howling against the Muppets being on Extreem Crapover a while back, I broke down and decided to watch this. In a way, it's good and bad that they're on shows like this. I mean, Hollywood Squares is dead, Wayne Brady was canned for a show that does even WORSE in the ratings, and you'd think Ellen would at least have Elmo on sometimes. Where else can you go to see Muppet TV apperances?

As low on the entertainment scale I think AFV is, I decided to watch. There are only 2 clips ever I ever actually laughed at in the show's history... the cat falling off the TV (Back in 1989) and this one where this dude is wearing a Dinosaur costume that was bending and listing in the wind (fairly recent, it was on at the time, and I was in the room).

Now, Eric Jacobson's Fozzie is getting some improvement after VMX. Plus, it was great to see the Penguins in a prime time, mainstream apperance. Someone must be listening to the fans to some extent. :zany:

And Statler and Waldorf added to the fun.... and as painful as watching AFV is (I'd rather have serious dental work done by a cheap dentist without novacaine) it was actually bear-able.... :o
  19. christyb

christyb New Member

All I gotta say is that I missed it. The one night my aluminum foil fails me. Sometimes I wished I had cable.
  20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Thanks Count!