1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Muppets on Disney's Christmas Parade

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Just a reminder Kermit and Piggy will be co-hosting Disney's annual Christmas parade with Regis and Kelly on ABC. Gonzo and Bear will be making appearances as well. There are bound to be some nice surprises in store so be sure not to miss this special appearance.

Check this page for the times in your area...

http://disney.go.com/destinations/features/parade2004/index.html

After you watch the parade, post here and let us know your thoughts. Merry Christmas!
  2. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

I loved it. It was Great! :excited:
  3. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

what happened ours don't start till One?!:eek: :confused:
  4. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

If you're in FL or MA how could you have possibly seen it? It doesn't start until 1:00 PM here on the east coast.
  5. Time machine?

It's 3/4 ver and most of it is a commercial for Disney, which is to be expected. There was a fantastic commercial for the WoO movie. It really looks good. I saw Scooter and Sweetums as well as Sam and Bunsen and Beaker. There were also some interesting new creatures that are residents of Oz. I think this will be a good movie.
  6. Kermienme

Kermienme New Member

Good, but disappointing

Now, don't get me wrong I absolutely love the Muppets and the minute I saw Kermit and Miss Piggy hosting the parade I jumped for joy. But then I remembered that Disney owns them now and that still bothers me. It's just not the same. I was excited to see the first comercial for Muppet Wizard of Oz during the parade and it looks like it's going to be another winner.
  7. So what about the performance didn't you like that you attribute to Disney, or was it just the idea of Disney owning them and not an actual actions?

One thing I do not like is the new Piggy puppet. It looks too thin in te face and the eyes are too big. Kind of disturbing.
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

The comercal for the oz movie was wonderfull supries im very glad and exited to see it. I saw Crazy Hary as well im going to be shocked if this movie is bad. i really think its going to be a great movie.
  9. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

I'm in Florida now, I'm going to Massachusetts in March.
  10. That's not the importnat part of his post. The question is how did you see it if it was not on when you posted.
  11. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

Did anyone tape it like SNL?
  12. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

I did, I'll make a set of e-mail clips for everyone as I did with the GMA appearance. I'll post here and let everone know when they're ready.
  13. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

Thanks you and merry christmas!
  14. Cool! Can you make a high res version of the WoO commercial?
  15. Xela

Xela New Member

I knew it wasn't just me...

It just doesn't look right...
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

excellent! I was miffed, I sat through a good amount of the cringe and vomit inducing usual Regis/disney banter just to see the very short Muppet portions...and then completely missed the Oz preview. Anyways, do post that when ya can, you'll be a hero:) Or...just really swell:)

Anyways, I guess the best part of what I saw was Gonzo pimpin out the theme park's 50th annv rehauling...which kind of reminded me of Muppets@WDW special(one of my fave all time specials) Tho...it was kin dof disheartening seeing the Muppets having to seem jazzed about Disneylands 50t when the Muppets *themselves* 50th annv is next year.
  17. Yeah, no mention of the muppets 50th or any real muppet attraction in developement. They didn't even show a clip of that muppet party thing they do. The way Gonzo did it was very Gonzo like though, I don't like the new look for him either, though that's been used since MFS. Plus it's nice to see Gonzo in a sweater again. I always liked the sweater thing on Gonzo. A nice conservative outfit for an out there wild character.
  18. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

Sure, that's easy, I'll make an avi version of it. I'll be busy tomorrow during the day, but I should be able to edit the Muppet footage together tomorrow night.
  19. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I was very impressed and pleased with it. Kermit and Piggy were incorporated far more than I thought they would be...I DID miss the part with Gonzo, which kinda miffed me, but I'll live ;)

I also noticed the difference in the Piggy puppet..I also noticed the differences that have appeared in Steve's voice. (not a complaint by any means, just an observation) When going for a 'YAY' or 'YEAH' It seemed Steve wasn't going up for the high part that usually appears. Instead, it ends on a quite lower note. I'm just curious if this has appeared before, or if maybe it was a product of some sort of coincidence....just curious if someone else has noticed this?
  20. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I missed it, but I'm glad to hear it was good. :)