1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Muppets on Extreme Makeover

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Phillip Administrator

Don't miss the Muppets tonight on ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition". Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy and Animal will also appear on "How Did They Do That?" on Monday. Check your local ABC station for times in your area.

Here is some more info on the appearance...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2005/022005.shtml

After you watch the show, post here and let us know your thoughts.
  2. DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that they have Fozzie, Animal, and Piggy. Also surprised that there was no Gonzo.
  3. DannyRWW Well-Known Member

As always nice to see the muppets, especially on a tv show that is watched by so many people. I liked the appearance the muppets were funny and it is nice as always to see Fozzie out there too since he didn't get a spot in the last pizza hut comercial. I think Jim Henson would be proud to see his muppets being involved in a project like this. I especially liked the bit where kermit is yelling at the stuffed animals and realizes they are not real.
  4. unclematt Active Member

I was happy with what they did. Of course I would have had them in more of the show but I am a Muppet Fan, probably a little biased. Fozzie is my favorite so I was very glad to see him there. I am looking forward to tomorrow night's "How'd They Do That". Wish they would have shown the full length "Muppet's Wizard of Oz" commercial to, as I have yet to see it.
  5. DannyRWW Well-Known Member

My thoughts were the same about the Wizard of Oz comercial.... In fact, I though they got caught off by local ads but I guess the little teaser is all they had. They do play the full comercial at the Disney store, and you can get it online here at muppet central but I can't seem to get it to work. As far as not seeing enough muppets, I'm surprised that they weren't around when the children came home.
  6. doctort13 Member

More Muppets please

I think that they could have shown more Muppets, but maybe it just wasn't possible to fit it all into 1 hour...and build a new house. I wish Ty made a Muppets playroom for the kids.

I'll tune in tomorrow night to see how it was all done.

Overall, I loved see our gang and thought the short bits that they had were very funny. Thanks Disney! Keep it up :)
  7. unclematt Active Member

I was thinking the same thing about the kids not seeing the Muppets. Over all I was happy though. :)
  8. Skeeter Muppet Active Member

And the award for best line of the show goes to -

Michael: "Oh no, not you too!" (said to Kermit after Kermit yells in Michael's ear with his bullhorn)

And I agree with Paul; I wouldn't trust Fozzie with a hammer either.
  9. Frogster Active Member

Uugh! Why do the Muppets continue to get more and more annoying? And by this, I'm talking about Kermit. Animal chasing the women and Fozzie dropping the fragile box were funny. But why does Kermit always have to make references to him being from the swamp? Every time he mentions the swamp, I think about what a terrible job he did on The Jimmy Kimmel Show ("Who's the green, private frog, who's a sex machine with a certain hog? It's Kerm... can you ribbit?). And I thought it was just stupid the way Kermit ran around blowing the megaphone at people, especially when he yelled at the stuffed animals. Seriously Kermit... I mean Steve. You're getting it to where, whenever I watch anything involving the Muppets with friends or family, I get embarrassed of you. My stepdad used to watch The Muppet Show, and he knows how Kermit was more of an adult back then. I remember watching IAVMMCM with him November 29, 2002, and he said, "Boy, I don't know who's doing Kermit these days, but he seems kinda crappy to me." He used to love watching The Muppet Show back then, and didn't see the Muppets as juvinille back then. He does now, and so do I.
  10. Erine81981 Active Member

I enjoyed the whole thing. I was also glad to see Fozzie and Kermit together. Animal was funny too. Who was doing Animal? It didn't sound so much like John Kenndy. But I loved every minute of it. I keeped hoping that the Swidish Chef would pop up from behind the kitchen counter. Now that would of been funnier. Can't wait for more tomorrow. YEAAAAA!!!! :) :mad: :o
  11. Tim Kelly Member

Animal's voice was terrible, and I was surprised that Fozzie casually said "Oh well" after knocking Kermit over with the ladder. I would think he'd care a little more than that. Anyway, I was amused by the other sight gags: Kermit scared by the toy train, saying "Not real" to the camera about the stuffed animals, and Fozzie trying to hammer with a rubber chicken. And my daughter watched it, and she seemed pleased by their appearance. :)
  12. redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I missed it! I wasn't home and was going to tape it and then the VCR didn't work right! I'm so mad! Anyway, sounds like it was good, I'll just have to catch the "How'd They Do That" tomorrow. Hopefully there'll be lots of good Muppet footage.
  13. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

The Muppets Are good and going stong. i think they are reallygetting out there and that means a lot. just wish there was more of them the apeernce was great i am very exited to see them every time. I STILLL LOVE THE MUPPETS they did great Foizze was great kirmit was also great animal was good and so was piggy. The only thing was who was doing Animal. sounded off to me . Wow no peppe that seemed strange to.
  14. GelflingWaldo New Member

Good Job Muppets, you were great!

Yet another excellent Muppet appearance. There is not one thing about it that was bad. Every single second of their appearance was 110% great Muppet fun. Nothing was distasteful or un-muppet-like in anyway. And the characters were excellently performed. The only thing I would change would to make the Muppets appearance last longer; but it seems like the Muppeteers only showed up for a short time on one day, and the show had a lot to cover in only 1-hour. But still the characters acted perfectly in character (or at least their current character) and were classically funny. Over all I give it an A++.

:)
  15. Erine81981 Active Member

I would agree w/ everything you said. A++++++!!!!
  16. Camellia New Member

hi, yes that part was funny.
    but the rest of the tidbits were boring. (sorry) :)
    Fozzie's voice was "off"
    Kermit's was okay, not Steve's best.
    Piggy's was passable.
    I didn't like Animal's either. It just didn't have the usual jazz and vigor.

oh well.
    Camellia...................
  17. Phillip Administrator

18. Daylight New Member

I'm not sure about the muppet appearances these days. It's great to see them and the performance is okay, it's just not as good as it could be.

PS: Did anyone else catch a glimpse of Steve's head?
  19. Erine81981 Active Member

Cool photos and all. I loved all the ones w/ Animal and the clowns and girls. Ha ha ha ha ha You go Animal
  20. alorindanya Member

Can't we just enjoy it without picking it appart?

I personally didn't find anything wrong with it. I was just excited to see them. I thought the humor was great and the interaction was just as it should be. I'm proud of what I saw.