1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Oct 17, 2006.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I know fans find it unfortunate that the album is nominated in the Best Children's Recording catagory, but lets not forget that Rainbow Connection won a Grammy as a children's recording years ago. The Grammy people decided the Muppets place in music during Jim's era, I doubt that will change now. I'm not much of a Grammy fan, or much of a fan of this particular recording as a whole - but yay Muppets for being recognized! It can only help! :)

And note that in its day Muppets Tonight was noninated against Letterman and Leno in the Emmy's variety show category. The Muppets are first and foremost creatures of television and that is where they will always receive the most respect. ;)
  2. Marky

Marky Member

I hope the nomination is the academy's ways of saying "Get your butts together and do something real with the Muppets, Disney!".

Because, really, it's a generous, yet undeniably token, nod to a year-old unavailable forgotten album.

But... it was a Muppet product, and people want more.
    Disney's not giving us more for whatever reason, but that's another thread.