1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 31, 2011.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the new Muppet Central Forum. We announced two months ago that major upgrades to the forum were coming. Many months of work have gone into researching and finding the best forum software available for our needs now and in the future. We hope that you like the results. We believe that the more you use our new forum, the more you'll like it.

Must Read: Here is a thread that includes an overview of many of our new features...
    http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/new-muppet-central-forum.47591/

Please discuss all of our new features and your thoughts on the upgrade here.
  2. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

Pretty cool software! I like it! Is there still a private message limit now?
  3. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

I like this! It's a nice, fresh change. Can't wait to get to know it better!
  4. Phillip

At this time, there is no limit on the number of private conversations you can have. It is possible they'll be a restriction on this though in the future.
    MJTaylor likes this.
  5. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Might take a little getting used to (And I'm gonna need to get a higer resolution avatar), but it's pretty cool.
  6. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

wow! this is diff! :search:
  7. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Interesting - going to take some getting used to, but it's not too bad. Has a nice clean look to it, mostly just the new features that will need to be learned.
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh! Wow! Gosh... This sure is something.

Need to change my avatar and then get used to the newness. Wow... I can't make a proper content till I've gotten over the shock.
  9. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

my goodness what a transformation i'm like a kid in a toy shop looking at this in awe and amazement its very nice :)
  10. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So far I'm not likin' this... but I guess we really have no other choice but to get used to it. :smirk:

XenForo? Never heard of them... *shrug* But hey, at least we finally get to have larger avatars. Yippie-skippie.
  11. Phillip

The lead developer of vBulletin 2/3 started XenForo last year. Two other former vBulletin employees also work for XenForo. The company has a bright future ahead.
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah... I don't want to sound like an ungrateful guest or anything... I'm sure I'll get used to it... but all I can say is:

No sir, I don't like it.
    dwmckim likes this.
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Test: !!!!!!

Okay. Now I like it! The Punctuation War ends now!
  14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

:confused:

Went to my settings and undid the rich text edit, so that at least now gives me the Edit fild to post replies...

The forum reads more like Facebook at the moment... And for some reason I'm unable to update my bookmark for MC. Whenever I do so, it redirects me to the page with the VBulletin message saying the forums have moved and the link for the new place.

This will definitely take some getting used to during the next few days. *Sigh.
  15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'll get used to it. It looks a bit confusing right now though.

You need to correct the link on the top of the site, however.
  16. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Really????

Cause I guess that part is kind of cool.

I need a new avatar too. Mine looks yucky.
  17. Phillip

Yes, most links should be updated by the end of today, early tomorrow. After Wednesday if you see links that need to be updated, post here and we'll take care of it.
  18. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I don't think my avatar moves anymore; at least it doesn't in the preview; testing to see if it moves in a post.

Edit: Nope, okay, good to know.
  19. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

This will take a bit of getting used to. But it looks pretty good.:) Sorry your avatar doesn't move anymore Mrs. P. (I wasn't willing to buy any "O" 's anyway ;) )
  20. dmoss

dmoss Member

Cool! Very streamlined and beautiful. Also, I have trophies!! :)

Will the favicon be changed back to Kermit?