1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 31, 2011.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLEASE, mighty admin guru. I am BEGGING. EXTEND the post size limit in at least the fanfic section. I'll admit some of my 12-page, 12-pt font entries are long. But come on...I had to break a 6400 word story into TEN PARTS to post it.
    We can embed VIDEO files...which tend to be huge files...but not more than a tiny squidge of TEXT? This makes ZERO sense. I understand if you feel you need to set a specific limit...but please. Really. What is this, a cell phone?? Expand, PLEASE!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    frogboy4 likes this.
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Please post a few links to some of the longer fan fics that you know of off-hand. A character limit does need to be in place, but I'll try to make it high enough so that it won't be an issue 99.99% of the time.
  3. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

4. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you, Philip. Looks like I'm not the only one who wishes for MUCH longer post limits. I appreciate you making any changes.
    That said, mine might be the longest ones:
    http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/love-reign-oer-news.47227/
    http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/tidings-of-comfort-and-joy.47556/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  5. Phillip

Posting fan fic shouldn't be an issue now. You all are doing great work.
  6. Slackbot

Thank you for being responsive! We do appreciate it. ;)
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So Phil, can you give us any insight into the lagging that happens whenever you click an on-site link, or do you suppose it depends on one's connection and such? Again, my home internet is not the best in the world (lies from Comcast), so I just would like to know if this really is an issue that can be resolved, or if it is just my not-so-great connection.
  8. Slackbot

For what it's worth, the forum rarely lags noticeably for me, and I'm on dialup AOL.
  9. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow who uses dail up these days?
  10. D'Snowth

It's sad that even library internet connections are faster than Comcast... and libraries used to have pretty pitiful internet themselves, what with several different people hogging bandwidth and everything (mostly kids playing Runescape and such).

However, I've been meaning to tell you I rully dig your new avy.

EDIT: Holy crap, I've just witnessed my first ziffel on this new forum, being ziffeled by Dwayne, whose post appeared just before mine did, but at the same time.
  11. dwayne1115

Ha! I just type and click faster then you!
  12. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I have to admit, at first I was really thrown by the new format. It wasn't that it was hard to use it was just different. But after using it for a week I'm getting used to the format and I really like some of the new features. Just my two cents.
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  13. Slackbot

Single women with hungry mortgages to feed.
    Thanks! It s a ripoff of homage to Move Your Feet by Junior Senior.
  14. Phillip

It should not be lagging all the time. Or does this just happen occasionally? Exactly what links are causing the issue for you. Is anyone else here experience any lagging issues?

Here are two things you can try to help diagnose things...

1. Run a speed test on your connection. Let us know your up and down times. Go here and click "begin test".
    http://www.speedtest.net/

2. Run a trace route on your connection. For me it was 20 ms to get to Muppet Central. (Use "traceroute muppetcentral.com" instead of "traceroute blognotes.in")
    http://www.blognotes.in/how-to-trace-route-a-website-in-windows-and-mac-os/
  15. dwayne1115

Ah Bills are fun aren't they, and hey I work part time and try to take care of me and my wife and all six kids. I was going to post a pic but still can't seem to figure out on how to do that.
  16. D'Snowth

It does happen all the time, and anything, you name it: clicking on a board, clicking on a thread, clicking on a page number, etc.
    Okay, here's what the results came up for me:
    Ping: 155 ms
    Download Speed: 8.77 Mbps
    Upload Speed: 5.62 Mbps

Again, this is Comcast's "HIGH-SPEED internet".
    My results were . "'Traceroute' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".
  17. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Wow - i just threw up in my mouth reading that question - please tell me you were asking in jest and weren't serious. But either way, here is the answer: People who aren't blessed to have mommy and daddy paying for all the latest gizmos and gadgets - people who struggle financially to get by and still have to either eat 39 cent Del Tacos and anything they happen to spy leftover in a garbage can or dumpster or not eat at all. People who have to constantly worry about "will i be evicted this month because i can't make rent?" and have to do unspeakable things with 60 year olds if the answer looks like it might be no...and those are the LUCKY ones - there are those who having a dial up computer is an unattainable pipe dream and have to access from antiquated systems that the new forum doesn't work on. Those who have to make contingency plans for when the price of living is too high to survive and has to work with controlling the second half of the equation since the first half can't be fixed despite every effort to change it. Any other questions?
    newsmanfan and frogboy4 like this.
  18. dwayne1115

Wow do you just wake up and try to find things to complain about? I was just jokeing, and even cleared that up in a latter post. If anyone knows how hard it is about not being able to pay the bills and not being able to afford things it's me.
    I meet my wife on the internet, and when I did she told me that she had four kids from her previous husband (Who is in Jail) We meet and things hit it off really well I met the kids and fell in love with them rather quickly. I was making pretty good money living the good life of a single young guy, and then on one of my trips to visit I deciced to give all that up and stay with them. We have been poor ever since. If you think im Lucky because I have a small part time job at Wal mart ya your right i am I love my job, and the bills get paid. Now I do know that some people are really trying to find jobs and such, but come on I was just jokeing I have had to use Dial up myself its a pain, but it gets you on the net, so go for it.
  19. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Relieved to hear you were asking in jest - too many people these days do actually ask questions like that totally seriously all the time not even thinking about how offensive it is. I'm as non-violent a person as they come but whenever i hear someone referring to any gadget or technology past 2009 as ancient history, i have to restrain myself to not strangle them.

No. They find me. I try not to wake up in the first place if i can at all help it and look forward to the day when i don't have to wake up again.
  20. FloydPepper77

FloydPepper77 New Member

I love the new forum!