Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

Nick22

Reaction score
As just about everyone else said, it's gonna take getting used to. But I kinda like it.

dwmckim

Reaction score
You know what I miss? The ability to see the text of a post or a PM in my email. It's crazy, I know, but I used my email to "screen" stuff. It let me know ahead of time if there was something I could leave alone or had to respond to. :smile:
I wanted to wait until i could experience the forum from a library computer this weekend to offer up some specific feedback notes, but this is high on my list as well. I much prefer having the actual text in my email (especially now when i have to jump through hurdles to see ANY text on the forum) Not only is it easy to read and immediately viewable once it hits my email, but if there's something substantial or good then i know to go to the trouble of getting into the forum to respond.

But right now all i get is a generic "you have a new notification" or "so-and-so thread has been updated" notice with no indication of what's actually awaiting me so it could be anything from a thoughful analysis that i'd want to read and reply to or some generic "Yeah, i agree" type post.

And yeah - add me to the list of people still needing old saved PM's retrieved. Really EVERYONE should be on that list because the whole *point* of saving something is so it can be retrived later! None of us received any warning or heads up beforehand that what we previously had saved would soon be becoming lost - and people have been fed naked to rabid dogs for far lesser crimes than that!

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
I think I prefer the old layout... but hey that's okay. The only thing that bugs me is the Main page where it has all the forums listed is very "slim" and everything runs down a long page in wee column instead of stretching out horizontally. If that makes any sense... :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree about the front page seeing really long and hard to read, but I cannot really condone the relentless complaining about this new forum. Certainly Phil has made the change for a reason, believing it to be for the best, and certainly the forum itself belongs to Phil and it is only his grace that allows us to still use it to connect on a Muppetational level.

Now, believe me, I know that everyone is upset because for so many of us MC is a home! I went through a period a few years ago where the old forum would never ever let me log on (because of my internet or something) for more than ten minutes before crashing (the "Beauregard is locked in a cupboard" era). Its heart-breaking, but it eventually got solved and I made it back "home!"

If there are specific problems, lay them out clearly for Phil to look into (and remember he cannot do so immediately necessarily as he also has a job and a life!) but really for all the new The Muppets movie fans to come here and see us all squabbling about the forum format, instead of ready to welcome them with hilarity and Muffins...well, honestly, Kermit would not approve.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I am speechless about this, for all the wrong reasons.
I guess I can say that finding how to log in was quite frustrating.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
At this time, there is no limit on the number of private conversations you can have. It is possible they'll be a restriction on this though in the future.
Whoa. You replied to me, and you're the one with the kermit avatar who CREATED this forum! Thanks a gazillion! <sorry, I get starstruck very easily.>

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Will it be possible to customise the appearance of the forum to some extent now or in future? Also, I'd quite like my PMs back, being added to that list would be nice.