1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 31, 2011.

1. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Erm, hey Phil, it says New Member under my name and picture; unless it's still 2004, I think that's an error. *laughs* Is it possible that could be changed at some point?
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

AHHHHH! THE CANADIANS ARE COMING! THE CANADIANS ARE COMING! CALLING ALL 60-SECOND PEOPLE! THE CANADIANS ARE COMING!
  3. Canadian Fan

Canadian Fan Member

It'll take some getting used to, but I like what I see so far.
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

It should be updated now. Still tweaking some things...
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Not quite sold on it yet. :smirk:
  6. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Confusing, but nice. It may take time to get used to. Otherwise... nice! :)

-- I forgot to add that we finally get to delete posts, now. Thank you! :D
  7. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I like that we can now embed photos and videos, as well as post a message in a thread without hitting a separate link, but the new layout will definitely take some getting used to.
  8. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i like it is sleek and pretty cool i like the same thats been said about videos and pictures....but not a fan of the colors, anyway to change that?
  9. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

It'll need some getting used to but I think I'll figure it out. I need to change my avatar though. It's all blurry. Oh, wait, let me test something:

:):):);):(:D
    YES! I can use more than 3 smileys!

EDIT: I'm going to need my "new member" status changed as well.
  10. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Had to go change my avatar, but otherwise, it's okay. Definitely enjoy the new perks.
  11. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

It's...interesting? Some of the new features are pretty cool. :cool:
  12. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

That new avvie of yours WhiteRabbit is awesome. :)
  13. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

Thankses. X3 I done made it mahself.

Yours is boss too. O.O
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hi Peppsicola Pepper love, my famous blinking Beauregard image didn't blink anymore...sad times. However, now the picture space is bigger...maybe we can have some fun with cool avatars? It IS very Facebooky...but maybe everything one day will be Facebooky? Natural evolution? Also, maybe this will be a good way of preparing for the influx of new Members come Movie time.
    The Count likes this.
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Can't you change the main site forum linkage on your side? I think you did that before.

Visually this page is confusing, not merely because it's new, but the eye goes absolutely everywhere and it's harder to tell what info is from posts what's quote, what's signature and where the posts start and end with just a glance. I do like the other embed options and lifting of restrictions, but those were all available on the other format too. Kind of makes me wonder if the settings could have been geared a little closer to what we had before so the change wasn't as abrupt. :confused:

I know it took people getting used to the move from Delphi and many never came back. I'm going to give it a good three days, but I'll probably finally defect and hang out here less. Good luck. Hope you get the linkage fixed.

As always, MCers are welcome to "friend" me on facebook. ;)
  16. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

I like the look, and I know I will be more comfortable with it when I change my avatar and learn how to use the system. Totally excited about being able to embed pics and videos in the posts!
  17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Aww, Jamie. Don't think you should give up so easily. I know for sure that this place will take some getting used to -- but once we are there, it will be great. It's actually quite cool and feels like we have a new blank page to explore (and create!)
  18. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

This is cool. There are some things I definitely like, :));):(:confused::oops::shifty::insatiable:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but I'm gonna need to get used to this. It feels like a whole new forum!
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The post boxes need to be wider in reference to the size of the users' screen... especially when writing the posts. Maybe it's just me with a widescreen computer screen (I had to replace mine a year ago... but the old forum look managed to morph to the size of my screen pretty easily... like with much less of these black margins.

I will say the one good thing is the snappier posting time. But it's so hard to NOT watch a thread.

Also, I don't like how the forum jump is missing. I don't see why posting time is so fast, yet it takes so long to re-navigate to the main forum page if I want to just hop to another part quickly.

There's got to be a better way to toggle and fine tune this, though... something in-between this and the old one.
  20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

I'm in agreement with the frogboy on this. Especially because I'm having to click on the link in each reply notification to access the new forums, though I hope that'll get taken care of as it's a matter of fixing the linkage as Jamie mentioned.