1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 31, 2011.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I think its a little bit getting used to a new haircut or housepaint though...especially one quite unexpected in its far reaching effects.

I wonder if the instantly updating forum will help/reduce Ziffling though?
  2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Aesthetically, it's... different. It may grow on me, or I may come to hate it. For now, it's usable, so I'll wait 'n' see.

Old thread links remain usable! Huzzah! I was afraid they'd be broken all over the place. That'd hose up the links I've posted on DeviantArt illustrations something awful, not to mention the fanfic forum index. So glad to see that's not an issue after all.

It was kind of nice being able to see which threads you've posted in and which threads were "hot" via the thread icon. Any plans to revive that?

I can post images in threads! Hot patootie! Slackbot Draws Stuff will no longer be a boring wall of text and links! It will be spiced up by boring pictures! Thank you!

And the biggie for me--I can finally be an open, uncloseted AOL user and get notifications via E-mail! At least, I think I can. Someone reply to a thread I've watched so I can be sure. ;)

Man, that's a lot of exclamation points.
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yeah... Some of the peoples here went a bit nutter with punctuation marks.
    Hope this reply notification makes it to your inbox Kim. :)
  4. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

To paraphrase Terry Pratchett, the use of five consecutive exclamation points is a sure sign of someone who wears their underpants on their head."

Heh, I haven't Watched this thread. Just the fic and art ones I've started. Hopefully I'll find out for sure before too long.
  5. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

So... where are my personal messages?
  6. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

... huh. This is different. No worries, I'm sure that we can all come to navigate around this new forum after a while. *glances at "Home" button* Why are you so misleading...?

But everything looks pretty neat! Can't wait to fully see the new features!
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Still hate it: Day One

*On the main forum page, it tells you what sections have had latest updates, but there's no direct link to the latest update. We must sift through the thread = sloppy architecture! That little alert button, cute as it is, just doesn't cut it like the individual thread arrow buttons that took the user to the last post.

*Just navigating through this new forum on my smart phone for 5 minutes burned up 15% of the battery life and made me keep refreshing the pages in order for anything to appear.

*We can't Title posts anymore, but I guess we can just bold the first statement.

*These extra "goodies" were always available on the other board, we were just restricted from using them just like the "!!!" and the :);):cool:. Tell me, why are we still limited to how many we can use?

*Each post should be more clearly separated from the one before and after it. This whole page is floating with nothing to ground it.

*And what's with the weird points and rewards? The more time I spend here, the more I'm made aware that an adult-swim forum is more appropriate for my sensibilities. I'm not in need of a gold star to celebrate how much I've posted.

*I've always appreciated the new forum because creativity came from content, ideas and external links. I really don't have the desire to mess with this page and figure it out.
    dwmckim likes this.
  8. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Wow this REALLY threw me off when I went to log in to the forum. This is going to take some time to get use to.

also....why is this saying that I am a new member for??? how can this be changed? I am not a new member!
  9. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

• MY REVIEW OF NEW FORUM

Following Frogboy's idea, I decided to make my own review. I think there is a lot of pros and cons about the new layout. I will list them here.

PROS:

• Videos and photos! YES! I could definitely use this for my new fanfics coming out this summer. Kind of like an "enhanced" fanfiction with fan art and video.
    • "Like." I like how you can "like" now. I've always seen posts that I didn't want to reply to but I wanted to like. Now I can! :)
    • Faster posts....
    • News feed and recent activity.

CONS:

• Trophies? Really? :/
    • I keep clicking on "home," dang it! Why does it have to say that!
    • I keep forgetting to put in muppetcentral.com/forum instead of forum.muppetcentral.com
    • It's pretty hard to navigate around here with so much newness. I hope I figure it out eventually.
    • Updates. Eh, it's okay but I'd rather find my own thread when I want to.
    • It just doesn't look right to me. Maybe, it's just me being used to the old one but I don't know.

I think I'll eventually get used to it but right now, I feel like it's just too new for me with so much stuff that's unnessessary.
  10. MuppetCaper

And what are trophie points? Mine says zero.
  11. MuppetCaper

Can any Mod change my "New Member" part. I think I am way far off of being a "New Member" with almost a 1000 posts LOL. Thanks!
  12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

So far, I'd say it was not worth waiting a day and a half. Maybe I'll get used to it, but for now it's hard for me to figure things out. And when I click on "forum" on the main page, it goes to the old link, which provides the new link to click on. I hope I can get used to this fast.
  13. MuppetCaper

Ok...cancel the last two messages...I think I got it figured out. Err Uhhh....I think.
  14. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

I love the new design :)
  15. Pork

Pork Active Member

Oh wow! so different!
    But I think I like it. It's brighter and ... funner.
    I like trophies. :D
  16. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Don't want to get too long since it's highly unlikely this will even work and post but the new forum doesn't work with webtv - WHICH MEANS I CAN NO LONGER ACCESS THE FORUMS ANYMORE!!!

**** IT! If it's not broke, don't "fix" it! Haven't been able to access Tough Pigs for years due to delphi long ago becoming webtv-incompatable and now with this change, i no longer have a "home" - this was my last link to sanity and the only remaining somewhat good thing in my life left and now that's gone too?

*&&%!!!

I'm trying every proxy i know of to try to find some kind of workaround but after four hours of no success, this probably won't post either so here goes nothing...
    frogboy4 likes this.
  17. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yes, we can adjust the colors and many other settings. In fact, nearly everything can be customized. It's much easier to style than vBulletin.
  18. Phillip

Yes, all of the Flash menus should be pointing to the new forum now. The vBulletin redirects for all of the old threads are also fully functional.
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

[​IMG]
    I agree.

All of these improvements - the video embed, the image embed and these new bells and whistles were completely available and could have been implemented in the old vBulletin format that Muppet Central Forums successfully used for nearly a decade. I do like the quicker speed here, but that just appears to be a server-side issue and not a formatting one. The rest is just needless garbage that totally killed my cellphone's battery while waiting at the dentist's office today. :grouchy:

Phil - can you at least darken the lines between posts? It all just runs together and makes things more difficult to read. :attitude:

How about improving the cards section, the episode guides, the other website content or something, anything else aside from what's already been working? This appears to me like Muppet Central's attempt to compete with Facebook and to have the members spend more time here than there.

We'll see on day number three...
    dwmckim likes this.
  20. Phillip

It looks like it did work to some extent. Three duplicate messages were posted from you fyi.

We'll do everything possible to help you access the forum with WebTV. I'll write more in response to your e-mail.