1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 31, 2011.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I get the feeling you don't like the new forum a little there buddy. Is that a fair assumcion.
  2. dwayne1115

I would love to but really have no clue on where to start. I love the Menus they where done wonderfully, and looking at them with the new forum again it looks good. However maybe a little update there would not hurt. Just figuering out what would work and if it would be posable would be something I would like to look into.
  3. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i guess only other blah this i see is the black on the sides its kinda just full of nothing
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It's actually been that way since the beginning... or, at least, the beginning of the vBulletin era.
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I've done that too. I removed the "home" link from the tabs since you can get there through the flash menu. Let me know if you like the change.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Phillip decided long ago that he didn't want anyone to update the website with fresh content so even though my creative side is tempted - no more MC freebies from me. Sorry y'all, but Muppet Central has acted like a beastly sociopath in my creative life that takes far more than it gives!

I had so many great ideas for the forum menu and so many other portions of the site the fell on deaf ears for many, many. many years. Phil can figure it out on his own. I've already provided thousands of dollars worth of free work over the last decade. I was going to give my old work a bit of a spit-shine until I recognized the same unsatisfying pattern of one-sided presumptuousness. It was the last of many straws. :sympathy:

ToughPigs, the MuppetMindset, MuppetFans and the MuppetCast are phenomenal resources run by webmasters who truly understand the sense of community rather than behave in a fair-weathered and controlling manner. :oops:

I sincerely encourage anyone who wants to make a forum menu to go for it! It was always a temporary fix. :super:
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  7. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I dont like change, usually because it is not for the better and you get settled into something and then have to re learn it.I dont like this new format.It is not as easy to read or use, I lost all my PM messages.Guess I will fade away.Bye.
  8. Phillip

Please check your e-mail for info on your PM's.
  9. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

Hi i am liking this , but it will take a bit of geting use to , it is very neat , one thing i was hoping though , is that on the privet conforsations ( former known as PMs could we not have a limit on how many we can have I was hoping that would be the case but if it turns out we need to do that i would understand . If we do have limit , could we make the limit more than 20. The limit on the old form was 20 .
  10. Phillip

Yes, if a limit is placed on these it will be a significantly bigger number. Thanks for your understanding during the transition.
  11. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

It took nearly four years, but now I have to have an avatar. :super:
  12. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

For me, it's just hard to get use to, but I guess it is time for a change. I remember when Masterreplicas changed their forum format and it was terrible. This one doesn't have any major problems at least. Just have to do a few things different than what we are use to.
  13. MuppetCaper

I know....I lost all my PM's that I kept as well. What a bummer. I have a hard time with the "Quote" thingy as well. It would be nice to just hit someones quote when you are sending another post. Maybe something MC can look into?
  14. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

guess im just spoiled by other forums im part of with multiple colors and backgrounds
  15. dwayne1115

We could at least try and get the read curtian from the Muppet Theater that would be kind of cool.
  16. MuppetCaper

Yeah...not too fond of the sites background being all black. Doesn't feel very Muppety.
  17. Phillip

As was announced here, your PM's can be retrieved. I'll send you an e-mail. Thanks for your understanding.
  18. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

You know what I miss? The ability to see the text of a post or a PM in my email. It's crazy, I know, but I used my email to "screen" stuff. It let me know ahead of time if there was something I could leave alone or had to respond to. :)
    Muppetfan44 likes this.
  19. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

I totally agree with RedPiggy. I miss not being able to see what someone posted when I get an update e-mail.

Thanks for taking away the home button; I kept clicking it thinking it would take me back to the main forum page and got ticked when it took me to the web site home page.

I also like the idea of adding something to the side backgrounds, like the red curtain or something; great idea!

Changed my avatar, I miss my old one but I LOVE my new one; Very fitting of me if I do say so myself! :)
  20. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Yeah. Same here (What RedPiggy said, I mean). :sympathy:

I also discovered that using my Google toolbar spelling checker causes the text I've just typed to disappear, rendering it impossible for me (an obsessive spelling stickler) to check on my spelling without a seperate document open. *Nonexistant sigh smilie that they really should have added by now*