1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 31, 2011.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yes I agree, that is nice. This feature is supposed to be coming this summer. We will add it back as soon as possible.

Please continue to post and let us know any requests that you have.
  2. TheCreatureWork

TheCreatureWork Active Member

I'm still under the New Member heading :-(
  3. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Oh sorry....didn't get to that part yet. This is all new to me like everyone else. Just take time getting use to the new features and stuff. Oh well. :p
  4. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

As just about everyone else said, it's gonna take getting used to. But I kinda like it.
  5. Phillip

This will automatically update shortly after the first time you login.
  6. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I wanted to wait until i could experience the forum from a library computer this weekend to offer up some specific feedback notes, but this is high on my list as well. I much prefer having the actual text in my email (especially now when i have to jump through hurdles to see ANY text on the forum) Not only is it easy to read and immediately viewable once it hits my email, but if there's something substantial or good then i know to go to the trouble of getting into the forum to respond.

But right now all i get is a generic "you have a new notification" or "so-and-so thread has been updated" notice with no indication of what's actually awaiting me so it could be anything from a thoughful analysis that i'd want to read and reply to or some generic "Yeah, i agree" type post.

And yeah - add me to the list of people still needing old saved PM's retrieved. Really EVERYONE should be on that list because the whole *point* of saving something is so it can be retrived later! None of us received any warning or heads up beforehand that what we previously had saved would soon be becoming lost - and people have been fed naked to rabid dogs for far lesser crimes than that!
    TSSD and Phillip like this.
  7. Phillip

Please check your e-mail. :)
  8. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

I think I prefer the old layout... but hey that's okay. The only thing that bugs me is the Main page where it has all the forums listed is very "slim" and everything runs down a long page in wee column instead of stretching out horizontally. If that makes any sense... ;)
    The Shoe Fairy likes this.
  9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I agree about the front page seeing really long and hard to read, but I cannot really condone the relentless complaining about this new forum. Certainly Phil has made the change for a reason, believing it to be for the best, and certainly the forum itself belongs to Phil and it is only his grace that allows us to still use it to connect on a Muppetational level.

Now, believe me, I know that everyone is upset because for so many of us MC is a home! I went through a period a few years ago where the old forum would never ever let me log on (because of my internet or something) for more than ten minutes before crashing (the "Beauregard is locked in a cupboard" era). Its heart-breaking, but it eventually got solved and I made it back "home!"

If there are specific problems, lay them out clearly for Phil to look into (and remember he cannot do so immediately necessarily as he also has a job and a life!) but really for all the new The Muppets movie fans to come here and see us all squabbling about the forum format, instead of ready to welcome them with hilarity and Muffins...well, honestly, Kermit would not approve.
    Bannanasketch and Phillip like this.
  10. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

I am speechless about this, for all the wrong reasons.
    I guess I can say that finding how to log in was quite frustrating.
  11. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

Whoa. You replied to me, and you're the one with the kermit avatar who CREATED this forum! Thanks a gazillion! <sorry, I get starstruck very easily.>
  12. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Will it be possible to customise the appearance of the forum to some extent now or in future? Also, I'd quite like my PMs back, being added to that list would be nice.
  13. Phillip

Sure, let us know what you would like changed. Be as specific as possible.

Please check your e-mail.
  14. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Hey, I know that this new forum is really hard to use for some people but it works just fine for the rest of us and I think Phillip is trying his best to fix things to make it more usable for everybody. So, I agree with beauregard on this. Don't keep complaining...
  15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Again, I'm on the list of those who aren't exactly fond of the new forum, persay, but Beauregard is right, Phil did put a lot of hard work into providing us with the best possible forum experience, so there's really no real business to complain.

Again, I agree with you DW, but I just have to say you have more guts than most of us, including me, to actually not only complain, but rant about the new forum... but honestly, it's not going to change anything, look at all these other sites that changed layouts, profiles, appearances, etc, without users' approval: Yahoo!, YouTube, MySpace, deviantART, IMDb, eBay, Photobucket, the list goes on. The only difference is, those sites DIDN'T do it for the people, they did it for themselves; Phil did this for us.
    Bannanasketch likes this.
  16. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I'll get used to it in due time. My only question is are our personal conversations really as private as they can be? I'm assuming they'll be invisible to everybody who looks at our profile pages although they have the appearance of being posted in plain general view.

Also I'd like my PMs retrieved please Phil.
  17. Phillip

Yes, they are private. The only members who can see them are those you've invited to your conversation.

Check your e-mail please.
  18. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I'm really loving the change. I was totally thrown off at first, but now I think it's great. :)
  19. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I agree with Beakerfan, I like the new forum too! Although, it will take some getting used to! Nice job, Phil!
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My Take on the Muppet Central's "Improvements"

This is what I've taken issue with for a long time at Muppet Central. I am here because of most of the lovely forum members and not because it's Muppet Central Forum. We have managed to cultivate a sense of community here regardless of who's running (or absently running) the show.This place doesn't exist without us fans. :cool:

The fact that we weren't notified about this abrupt change sends a message to me this place isn't really ours. This after-the-fact "concern" doesn't fool me. We all contributed to making this forum's content what it has been. We've helped build revenue by posting in the advertising-heavy place, but when it comes down to it - we don't really matter to the webmaster. Our efforts mean little to him and that's why I quit creating graphics for this place. Don't worry. I'll go elsewhere and I encourage creative people here to do the same. I know that Ryan at the Mindset would be ecstatic to have more contributors and that is what these sorts of places should be about. I feel used at MC. We're all being used.:search:

If any of our MC suggestions were taken into account, the forum would be one of the last things on the list after fresh website updates, a cards section, new fan reviews, more op-ed pieces and other such practical improvements that many of us tried to contribute but were ignored!! :attitude:

While some of these improvements are nice, the ones that many people wanted on the forum included free usage of punctuation, maybe some more smilies and maybe a themed-looking page.

And what's with all this activity now? A Muppet fan is a fan all year round, but MC finally gets around to making these improvements when there's a movie coming out? That, my fellow forum members, is the precise definition of a fair-weathered friend. This is not really a forum or a community. It is a business for this webmaster to get sent free marketing goodies and to make revenue from the ad space. To make bank off of us! That is the frog's-honest-truth! Don't be led to believe otherwise. After 10 years on staff here - I'm disappointed. :cry:

Can this be mended? Well people rarely change so MC will operate how it always does and hope that we fall into a complacency and overlook the shady way things are handled. Where do we go from here? That's up to each MC member. I wish we had an alternative place to go with a rich history that includes all of us, but we don't. We will probably keep posting here and hope that something better comes along. :sympathy: