Your thoughts on the new Bear season!

beaker

Reaction score
As a huge Bear in the Big Blue House fan of 5 years, it' sgreat to know that a new season is finally kicking off today! I don't have cable, but would love to know what your thoughts on season 4 are! I'm really hoping that between the new season and the holidays approaching there will be a new Bear revival in malls and all around.

Btw, Phil...how come Bear doesnt have it's own section like in the old MC days? As the third largest JHC franchise I think it deserves it's own space(perhaps more people would post there, like they do on fr and ss)

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I'm not a very big BITBBH fan, but after listening to their songs on MC Radio, I must admit: That show has probably the most creative music of any Henson series since Fraggle Rock.

- Billy :cool:

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I really liked the "New" theme song. It was WAY better than the origanal theme I thought.

Didymus

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sir Didymus
I really liked the "New" theme song. It was WAY better than the origanal theme I thought.
They changed it?

Nooooooooooooo!

:eek:

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, those Bear songs are really darn catchy. I bought both voulmes of the cd.

There is a new theme song? Hmm, I'll have to wait for the dvd or a tape trade.

Read the review Danny. I'd say dont be p'd off at Bear as a whole...just the decision to open the season like that.

that's pathetic to use the 'tree falling into a library' metaphor. My goodness. Of course you dont think in the next episode the mayor of Woodland Valley will order airstrikes against the storm?

All I know, is I better start seeing some cool Bear merch in stores soon! heh

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Danny Horn
I posted my review of Bear's season premiere on Tough Pigs
Yep, he sure did... and it stinks. Sorry Danny, but I couldn't have disagreed with you more. A lot of folks have gotten their panties in a bunch over this episode, and all I can say is that they need to totally take a pill. I loved it (reasons why).

I loved the new opening despite my worries that new meant bad. It's actually quite good, but I still love the original.

I hope the sponsors and creators still feel Bear has plenty of life left and stories to tell. I've only been a Bear fan for less than a year, but with such a strong season opener, I hope it can continue.

Dresgirl

Reaction score
so far so good...

i personally am tired of all the old episodes and can't wait to see some new stuff! my son (2) hardly wants to watch the older episodes anymore because he's SEEN them all a million times. But i have a bone to pick with the Disney Channel in my area. They show BEAR once a day and at 6:30 AM!!!! Ok that sucks because we don't get up that early. I don't know why they have to show Rolie polie olie and Winnie the Pooh like 3 times a day and they don't show bear but once at the crack of dawn! But i guess i can record the shows- until they get their act together. I didnt mind the hour long special- it was nice to see new sets, etc. Hopefully they will keep up with the "fresh" look.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm diggin fresh Bear myself. My daughter is also 2, but we've not seen every episode yet. As a matter of fact, we've never watched it on the Disney Channel until today. Not sure why as it airs twice daily here (6:30 and 1:00). All our Bear viewing comes from DVD and VHS. We're pretty good on Bear music though as we listen to the CDs every time we're in the car.