Your Thoughts: Private Messaging

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who said good things don't come on a Monday? Well, they were wrong.

As a result of our recent server move, we can now enable private messaging for all users of our forum in good standing. The changes should be self-explanatory. You can now send private messages to any member. Each member is allowed 30 messages of storage.

In order to ensure that private messaging is on for your account, go to your "User CP" and choose "Edit options" then "Enable Private Messaging". Each time you login or visit our forum home page, in the top right-hand corner will be a message notifying you of any new PM's.

If you feel like a member of our forum is abusing the private messaging feature, please contact me.

Post below and let us know what you think of private messaging or if you have any additional questions.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I think the private messaging is great. I havent used it yet but its great to know that everyone can contact you through MC now!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think this is great! It should be as useful as emailing members, except that since there are some who didn't list a working email at least now we can PM--if they enable it. Which, if they don't enable it, it doesn't help much. Oh well...I don't think I've added anything constructive to this thread, have I?

Anyways, glad we have PM now.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I think it is great too! It will help other members contact each other easier. Like Kevin said, not everybody has an e-mail listed.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I enabled an additional feature to private messaging. Right now I'm testing it, but I also wanted to get some feedback on it.

For this to work ALL of your private mesaging options need to be enabled in your user control panel. If you receive a new PM while you are browsing the forum, you should now see a little box that notifies you immediately of the PM. You can choose to see the message immediately or continue browsing and see it at a later time.

Please let me know your feedback on this feature. If you like it, say so. Or if you find it gets in your way, let me know that too.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
oh yay! I think PM's are easier than e-mail (at least for me) thanks for that Phil

now I just have to find someone to PM :wink: