1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Puppet Up Special on TBS

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by Phillip, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Tonight’s the night, after you watch the Jim Henson Company special, Puppet Up on TBS, post here and let us know what you think of the show.

Do you like the new direction the Henson Company is headed with these puppet improv events? Would you like to see more Puppet Up on TV or do you think this is a one-shot special?

Discuss your thoughts here on this anticipated program.
  2. SJohnson

SJohnson Member

I just wanted to let you know that on the west coast Puppet Up is playing at 8:00. I don’t know if this is the same with all cable providers, but I would check at 8:00 anyway, so you don’t miss it.
  3. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's showing at 8 here, and it's decided to rain and blow wind all over my satellite dish, so I'll probably miss the show!!!! :mad:

I hope someone puts it on YouTube. :sympathy:
  4. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

So far, I'm loving it.
  5. MGov

MGov New Member

12 minutes in and it's already the funniest thing with the Henson name on it in a long time.
  6. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

I agree.
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm watching it right now and so far it's hilarious!!! I see they're using past characters as general-purpose puppets like the red koala from Animal Jam, Joe the Armadillo from the behind-the-scenes of Kermit's Swamp Years (as well as a turtle from the same movie).
  8. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

I do think, though, that the scenes are being cut off a bit too short. I think they could have more 'impact' if they were given more time to develope.
  9. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

I am SOOO Impressed with what they did with Forrest Gump and Exsusesulism...however you spell it. I want a copy of that.
  10. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

hum....Sigfried and Roy's Secret Garden....
  11. propologist

propologist Member

I'm at work and cann't watch it. Was planning on it but got stuck worken!

propologist
  12. MGov

MGov New Member

I just wish they would run a few more commercials.
  13. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It was about... nothing.
  14. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Oh man. This is so brilliant. I'm a little sad over the absence of Bill, but everyone is great here. I'm especially becoming partial to Victor and Paul.
  15. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

Commercial again?? Well, I guess this IS only the first one...
  16. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

OMG...Silicone...OMG

Well, she can sing well, and....I can't believe they did that...cute.
  17. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

This is the greatest television specials I've seen in…well, longer than I can remember. The show was great! After the amazing opening song I though "there's no way they could top that"…but they did! The show just got better and better and better. Forrest Gump and Existentialism, hotdogs playing quarters, an opera about fake boobs and a Hollywood pitch for "Poop v. the Killer Tomatoes" – what could be better? I only wish it was longer. I'm be watching my tape over and over and over and over... I can't wait until March when TBS.com will start rolling out web episodes of "Puppet Up!".
  18. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

Great first show.
  19. Smiles

Smiles New Member

O dear. I completely forgot about this. How terrible that I remember right as it's over.... :(
  20. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Be sure to let TBS know what you thought

If you liked the show be sure to send TBS (tbsinfo@turner.com) a little thank you note. It might just be the kind of encouragement and feedback needed to get help get more Henson projects (such as "Late Night Buffet" or more "Puppet Up") a spot on TBS in the near future.