Your Thoughts: Rogue One - A Star Wars Story *Contains Spoilers*

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that it's premiere day, here's an official thread for discussing and debating, cheering and jeering, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. After you see the Disney produced film, please post your review and analysis here.

Please Note: If you haven't seen the movie yet and do not want to be spoiled, please do not read any further.

If you've seen Rogue One: A Star Wars Story please like this post and share your thoughts below.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I am seeing It Tomorrow, most of the buzz I am hearing is It Is Awesome may be the best since 1980 so since Empire Strikes back! my movie starts at 3:45PM I am leaving my house at 2:45PM to get a good seat. I am going with my parents, afterward we are having dinner at Long Horn Steakhouse!

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I absolutely loved it, I hardly noticed the CGI Characters especially in my second viewing! In my second viewing I went with my sister and her son, her son has Aspergers Syndrome and could hardly contain himself at the sight of Vader and Leia and during the end battle he leaned over and said to me, "THIS IS GREAT"! I would say the first two Star Wars movies out of the chute have been big Grand Slams!!!!!!!!

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
I'll try to make this a short, quick review:

The characters were blandly written without much personality or flavor to them. I like what they were trying to do with Jyn Erso being a criminal separate from the wide-eyed, naive Luke Skywalker and Rey, but I didn't connect with any of the characters. K-2SO was good for a few laughs here and there.

The first half wasn't very engaging and felt disjointed at times with the characters literally hopping from one planet to the next. The second half was worth the price because it was so action-packed.

The cinematography and production design was incredibly well-done and it really captured the feel of the original trilogy.

The CGI resurrection of General Tarkin was also well-done and respectful to the late actor, whom I already knew was dead when I watched it in theaters. The skin tone, the mannerisms, and even his voice was nearly spot on. Only in some instances was the CGI rather obvious, but it didn't stoop the uncanny valley.

Darth Vader's two scenes brought back the terror and menace following decades of ridicule and parody. James Earl Jones didn't quite sound the same as he did in his prime, but we're still thankful that he's still alive to voice his iconic character.

There were fun Easter eggs for the most devoted Star Wars fan to pick up on, and I picked up on some of them during my first viewing.

Lastly, the ending gives more weight and depth to the beginning of A New Hope.