Your Thoughts: Scooby Doo: The Mystery Begins

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually they did feature Scrappy in the very first movie. But they made him into the arch-villian.:eek:

That's the only live action Scooby I've seen at all and while I kind of liked it I had a bit of a problem with the way they used Scrappy. He's supposed to be Scooby's nephew. Not an insane megalomaniac.:confused:
The whole thing was to essentially make a Brady Bunch style movie that parodies the source material. While I liked the first movie, I really think the second film did a MUCH better job capturing the show for what it is, not for what's wrong with what it is... only problem I've had with the second one is Vanilla Ice coming on stage to sing "Go Ninja Go!" for no apparent reason.... oops... I'm thinking of TMNT 2. I Meant Ruben Studdard coming on stage and singing one of his "hits" for no apparent reason. Nothing dates a movie like having a musical guest that fell out of the public eye as soon as the movie went to the foley stage.

I actually kinda want to see this. They've been planning a Pup named Scooby Doo type movie for a while now... both of the other live action movies make a lot of references towards it... and I almost think they thought that was the source material (the way Fred acted).

Count von Count

Reaction score
If the movie is meant to be origin movie, of how the gang got started. Why is the movie set in 2009? It should be 1970s. That’s when it all got started.
I think the time period they picked to put this movie in made every thing more confusing for me.

Fred:
His hair made me mad though out all of it
And he never had his blue costume on.

Shaggy:
The actor who did him I think did a good job. His voice was really good.
And he is very animated in the face, like the cartoon.

I do not care for the rest of the cast, beside Shaggy and Scooby.

The End:
At the end of any Scooby movie/show with ghosts there is always some explanation
that the ghosts were fake. This movie didn’t have one! So we are supposed to buy that. No projectors, no costumes. Just real ghosts? I don’t think so.

And the way they tried to make the end like the opening to Scooby Doo Where Are You?
The cartoon. It was a good idea but it was not carried out will.

I did like how they did not show the parents. That’s like a old school joke, for the old school fans like me.
And the school bus looked like it sayed 1969 and that to was a old school joke.

By the way CN is now with all the live action show instant of cartoons. I would not be surprised if they come out with a tv show with this cast.
I think I would watch it.

Over all it was cool to see a Scooby special back on tv. I give it a 3 out of 5.

I don’t have time to post more, but if I think of something. I will post it.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
If the movie is meant to be origin movie, of how the gang got started. Why is the movie set in 2009? It should be 1970s. That’s when it all got started.
That year might have worked if they were doing a Jetsons movie, but Scooby and Shaggy and the rest meeting in 2009, that just annoyed me. :stick_out_tongue:

muppets2

Reaction score
That year might have worked if they were doing a Jetsons movie, but Scooby and Shaggy and the rest meeting in 2009, that just annoyed me. :stick_out_tongue:
yea that annoyed me too but it was just hard picturing fred having black hair:mad:

Count von Count

Reaction score

muppets2

Reaction score
lol i think for the cast they just went to a local high school and asked random kids if they wanted to be in a movie:big_grin: