Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

Splurge

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

Wed's episode:
Sesame Street
60 min.
Cookie Monster is being blamed for eating cookies he didn't consume. No one believes that Cookie when he says he's not the culprit, so it's up to Cookie Hood to clear Cookie's name. (VCR Plus+ 72847)
I tuned into that episode and kinda dug it.

I think a fun twist to that plot, (I realize this might really belong in the "Things They'd Never Say" column) is if the culprit turned out to be Ernie in a Cookie Monster suit. He could probably say to the moms and dads in the viewing audience, "Face it, folks. He asked for this when he did this to me. What goes around comes around!" :big_grin:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I really gotta start waking up at 9am 'cause I have no idea what any of you are talking about.

sfgirl

Reaction score
My son (~2years old) and I have seen up to Episode #4037 (Super Grover's cape). I sit/dance/point things out/etc every episode with him. Reactions so far:

My son REALLY misses Monster Time. He has waited for it everyday then sadly looks at me saying, "mnst?" (or something that sounds like it) I still have some last season episodes Tivo'd and he is SO excited when Monster Time comes on.

On the other hand...he wandered away during Global Thingy. Both segments.

He wasn't into JTE before, so little change there.

Miss Noodle is going to take a little getting used to (for me) but he loved the firefighter parts.

Overall, some parts are great (Bert's birthday, chess), some are better than before (more Grover) and some are worse (no Monster Time, addition of Global Thingy).
We are trying to get used to #34, but my son seems more 'into' #33.

BeckyDR

Reaction score
My only problem with the new season...

is that I thought the Global Grover segment was going to show clips from the international versions of Sesame Street (i.e. Plaza Sesamo, Ulitsa Sezam, Zhima Jie, etc.), not just clips from our Sesame Street featuring international characters. Overall, it's a good season so far.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So far, I've seen three full episodes from S34 of Sesame Street. Of the Karaoke Sing-Along, Elmo Loves Gina, and Bert's Birthday...
The one I rully liked the most was Bert's Birthday, with the way that they dispersed parts of the main street story throughout the rest of the episode, connected small song/cartoon segments, and the Elmo's World segment at the end.

Also trying to keep track of the Letter of the Day Cookie segments, cause there's a chance that we'll get each letter once this season, and so far we've gotten N, M, Q, and U.
Here's a question for all who saw the fifthe episode of S34 sponsored by the letter U and the number 11. Apparently there were three little pigs from the fairy tale story involved in the main story segment. There was a Sesame Nes Flash with Kermit interviewing the Three Little Pigs who were all male. My question is, to anyone who knows, how would we differentiate the Three Little Pigs from the Sesame News Flash and the Three Little Pigs from this Season 34 episode? Please answer if you can so that my muppet listings can be updated. Thanks for the help and have a good night.

Hays

Reaction score
I think they're one and the same...at least they're the same as the pigs in the "Best of Kermit" video who proport to be the ones on the Newsflash!

CookieFan

Reaction score
Originally posted by sfgirl

My son REALLY misses Monster Time. He has waited for it everyday then sadly looks at me saying, "mnst?" (or something that sounds like it) I still have some last season episodes Tivo'd and he is SO excited when Monster Time comes on.
My 21 month old really misses Monster Time, too. I have a bunch of last season on tape, tho. They still show Monster Time in the opening sequence, so I'm wondering if it will make an appearance later on.

Global Thingy has got to go. BLEEECHHH!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Seeing as how Puerto Rico's showing of Sesame Street's Season 34 is two days or episodes behind the rest of the US, I'll ask this question. Did the fifthe episode from Season 34 get immediately followed by an episode from Season 33 where a motherly chicken thinks that Rocco is an egg and sits down on him? The reason I ask is because that's what was shown today after five straight episodes from S34. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, today's episode used an awful lot of old clips. Lets see, they actually used that "Mask #15" segment someone was asking about earlier. And after Journey to Ernie, they had the original "Honker Duckie Dinger Jamboree". In Global Grover, they used that "Winter" song from Alaska about "Ukiuq." And after Cookie's Letter, G, it had that classic clip with the guy talking about the word 'giggle'. See, they're still using old clips, just not as many.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... I HATE Global thingy... it's as incoherent and as temporary as the name "Thingy" suggests. But I am gald they chucked Monster Clubhouse (for at least a while... they may be back later this season or next season) because, well... they repeat the same ones over and over, and they're annoying to watch. I wish they'd get rid of Hero Guy, as well.. I like Baby Bear and all, but I can't take seeing him rescue that ^&*&% kitty from the tree one more time (since it was played ad nauseum last season). Or they could at LEAT make new ones.