Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

CookieFan

Reaction score
I can't believe they're already recycling this seasons JTEs -- it's not even 2 weeks into the new season! I was liking the new format, but NOT if they're going to show the same ones over and over and over and over and over......

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Originally posted by ssetta
Well, today's episode used an awful lot of old clips. Lets see, they actually used that "Mask #15" segment someone was asking about earlier. And after Journey to Ernie, they had the original "Honker Duckie Dinger Jamboree". In Global Grover, they used that "Winter" song from Alaska about "Ukiuq." And after Cookie's Letter, G, it had that classic clip with the guy talking about the word 'giggle'. See, they're still using old clips, just not as many.
I remember quite a few of those old clips. In fact, that 'Ukiuq" song is one that I'm really familiar with.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Today's episode (Big Bird's story) was very thin and it didn't go anywhere. i mean, the whole thing was about how he couln't come up with an ending, so they all made different ones (which were all the same)

But I was really happy they had

"G... is the first letter.. in the word....in the word ...GIGGLE!!!!!!!"

Now that was a classic!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Surprised!!!!

It was kind of duel about Big Birds story but about the word Giggle thing that was a classic. Love it love it. I was surprised to see the one song I love that Erine does was "Honker Duckie Dinger Jamboree" I've loved that song. I wish they would bring back that group that sang in that Telephone song. "Little Jerry and the Monotones. Eathier have them in an new episode or show some of their old songs. I miss some of the band muppet or group singers. But hey I love what they have done to SS. It still has that felling that there still in the 70's or 80's episodes. Love it Love it.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Today's episode (Big Bird's story) was very thin and it didn't go anywhere. i mean, the whole thing was about how he couln't come up with an ending, so they all made different ones (which were all the same)

You've got to be kidding me. King Alan? A whole freakin' story about a singing penguin and you are still not happy? That tears it alright!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
You've got to be kidding me. King Alan? A whole freakin' story about a singing penguin and you are still not happy? That tears it alright!
Well... It was good, but the plot was thin, and they really needed to come up with a better ending. Instead of having the same story ending with little varients, they could have had really different endings.

Anyway, the gem of today's episode (not sure if this is new or not, though) was the Fiddler on the roof parody. If I were the letter B...

"All day long I'd B-b-b-b-b if I were the letter B!!"

Now that's comedy!!!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yesterdays and Todays

:smile: Yesterday episode was cool. It had neraly all the human charaters. Loved the farmer song of "If I could be "B" and the storyline with Elmo and Zoe playing like aliens. Was Telly's song new or old? And it was fun seeing Susan playing that old game she played so many times. Love the episode. "BLAST OFF" Now today's episode was ok. I still love the Erine and Bert skit. RUB your HEAD and PAT your TUMMY. Love seeing old clips of the old SS episode. Oh love Prefessor Grover. Man just seeing Old Clips and New Skits it just makes me want to :cry:. Love new Season. Love it.:flirt:

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
How about a "Global Grover" in Sweden? After all, Rowlf's visited his pal Kermit on Sesame Street...why not the Chef? (Of course, Beaker and Scooter would have to come along too...Beaker's the only other one of the Muppet family that speaks Swedish, and Scooter's been taking a correspondence course so he can translate.)

And do you think there will be a Mexican "Global Grover", especially given his proficiency in the Mexican Waiter Dance?

OLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLE...*CRASH!*

CookieFan

Reaction score
COOL! They just showed the Mahna Mahna guy on today's ep! (4044) I LOVE this new season! :big_grin:

Hays

Reaction score
Rats! I missed it! Tell me - did he sing the song, or was he doing something else?

I'm sure re-runs will start soon enough...sigh